Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Masking imported clips in editor script?

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by ryancampfire, Jul 10, 2017.

1. ryancampfire

ryancampfire

So I'm trying to automate importing a bunch of animations that all have similar format.

So far, I can easily make clips and set their start and end frames. But they also need masks applied to them and I'm not 100% on that yet.

ModelImporterClipAnimation newClip = new ModelImporterClipAnimation();

So I make an array of ModelImporterClipAnimation and assign them to the ModelImporter's .clipAnimations right?

ModelImporterClipAnimation has its own properties, most are easy for me to set up what I want, but the mask is not obvious.

There's a .maskSource property which is of type AvatarMask, and that has a SetTransformActive method. But it only accepts an index to pick which transform. If I want to find the index of a bone according to its name, how would I do that?

2. ryancampfire

ryancampfire

So the ModelImporter has a .transformPaths property, so I tried looping through that, finding matching strings, and calling SetTransformActive method, but that gets me an InvalidTransformIndex.

Manually going in through the editor, all the animation clips have a "Mask does not match hierarchy" message, which can be fixed by clicking the "Fix Mask" button. Is there an equivalent to that button that I can call from the script?

3. ryancampfire

ryancampfire

I tried calling SaveAndReimport on the model before setting the masks, but it didn't make the indices get set correctly. Can't think of anything else to try.