Search Unity

Introducing the Unity Plus Accelerator Pack: Get further faster, with Amplify Shader, UFPS, and Play

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jacob_Unity, Mar 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob_Unity

Jacob_Unity

Administrator

Wanting to boost your productivity so you can focus your energy on the aspects of your project that inspire you the most? For a limited time only, new Unity Plus subscribers will receive the Accelerator Pack, which includes the top-selling productivity tools Amplify Shader, Ultimate FPS, and Playmaker -- all included free! These assets will help maximize your development time, get you closer to publishing, and save you a few headaches along the way.

To find out more, check out our announcement blog or the Accelerator Pack page.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    KAGEROU and John3D like this.
  2. Moonjump

Moonjump

I know you are trying to do something positive, but please note making it for new subscriptions only will have unintended consequences.

People will put off subscriptions after this offer period until there is a new offer, and it this offer will annoy existing subscribers. You are penalising loyalty and casting doubt into new customers.

I say this as a potential Plus subscriber who is not in a position to start paying now as I am busy with other work. Not that I have much use for this offer, but maybe the next one... (see the point I am making?)

3. Balthamet

Balthamet

As a current Plus subscriber with a subscription expiring in three months, I won't be continuing my subscription. I will simply wait until there is some sort of offer like this where I get something as a bonus for subscribing. Why pay the same money as the next guy when I am getting less?

4. rickcollette

rickcollette

Any plans to make these available to existing plus customers?

5. ina

ina

6. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

I'm starting to wish I hadn't signed up for plus when it was first announced, and instead waited for one of these bribe offers.

Perhaps next time.

7. dizzysloth

dizzysloth

So the way I understand it in order to get this deal one needs to sign a 12 month contract. If that is the case why in the world exclude current plus customers. If they are willing to move onto a 12 month contract why would Unity not want them to sign that?

8. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Because we already are locked in in twelve month contracts. :p

theolagendijk likes this.
  9. dizzysloth

dizzysloth

If people are willing to extend the contract by 12 months why not let them?

I considered the deal but it would be cheaper for me to just buy those assets then go to plus. At where I am in development I don't see the value of plus.

SmartDigitalNetworks likes this.
  10. jsadler

jsadler

What about pro users who have their licenses provided by console venders? Would we be eligible?

11. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yes, this seems very short sighted. For those of us who signed up for Unity Pro subscription already...even though we didn't *have* to right away, a bad taste may start to fester.

12. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

I'm beginning to think that owning a perpetual license and upgrading to Pro was a bad move: I didn't receive any offer to transition from Personal to Plus, and I'm also stuck with the EULA to only be able to collaborate with other Pro subscribers only. Sure, I have a 40% discount on some assets, but nothing extra like this.

Do I have to pay 2 subscriptions to collaborate with freelancers using Plus, without falling back to personal?

13. Moonjump

Moonjump

As the EULA stands, you really need a separate subscription for each team you work with, which makes Unity not suitable for freelance work.

The reason you need one for each subscription is a team might move from Plus to Pro or Plus to Pro, and they must move all licences used on a project. An example: If you work with a Plus team who goes Pro, you need to move the subscription used with them to allow their project to continue, but you cannot move the subscription because of the other Plus teams you worked with, hence the need for separate subscriptions.

Plus is a great addition by Unity, but the EULA has not been sufficiently updated to support it's use by anyone other than lone developers.

NeatWolf likes this.
  14. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Yeah, I sadly know that, it was kind of a rethorical question, since I know the issue hasn't been solved yet, I got in touch with the Support months ago and nothing has changed yet. There is still a lot of confusion about the topic since many don't read the EULA at all or give their personal "fair use" interpretations. Not even the Unity Staff dared to take any responsibility about giving a specific official interpretation of the EULA in some points.
    I also found some companies just getting surprised when I begin talking and worrying about the EULA, like they never cared for decades! I'm losing a lot of opportunities because of this, since "you're worrying too much, no one cares about this"!

I know it's now off-topic, but having to buy a different license to be "safe" you're going to be able to accept a job is still killing freelancing. I wished at least the Pro license was able to collaborate with lower subscription tiers!
    /OT OFF

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    Moonjump likes this.
  15. Anop

Anop

Download from where?

16. lumeneo

lumeneo

My IT guy just bought Plus for a job. He didn't see the offer, because he doesn't care. Can we get the deal somehow?

infinitypbr likes this.
  17. metaldc4life

metaldc4life

I already know it was a bad move on my part with Unity Plus.. =/
    when my unity contract is up on plus i won't get it again!
    IMO.. =)

Just my two cents.. xD

18. metaldc4life

metaldc4life

No i don't think we can.. ="/

19. lumeneo

lumeneo

Within 30 days, then yes!

From the FAQ on this page:
    https://store.unity.com/offer/unity-accelerator-pack

If I am already a Plus or Pro subscriber, can I get the Accelerator Pack?

If you subscribed to Plus or Pro within the last 30 days, you are eligible to receive the Accelerator Pack at no charge — please contact Unity Support to request access to your Accelerator Pack and they will be happy to assist you.

Beginning April 1st: If you subscribed to Plus or Pro more than 30 days ago, we are pleased to announce that we are able to offer you the Accelerator Pack for $75 — a significant discount of 60% off the retail value of these assets ($190). If you would like to purchase the Accelerator Pack for this special discounted price, please send an email to get@unity3d.com and reference your Unity ID email. You are welcome to contact us in advance, but please be aware that we will only be able to start processing transactions on April 1. Requests to purchase the Accelerator Pack will be processed in the order they are received.​

jexmatex and Kiwasi like this.
  20. Xyn333

Xyn333

“New Subscriber” means a person who has newly subscribed for Unity Plus via the Unity Plus Accelerator Pack campaign page within the Campaign Period; newly subscribed Enterprise customers of Unity Plus shall be considered “New Subscribers” at Unity’s sole discretion. For greater certainty, to qualify as a “New Subscriber” a person must not have licensed Unity Plus previously (renewing does not count as newly subscribing) or downgraded from Unity Pro to Unity Plus. -- WHAT THE F***,, this is everyone that goes to the page

21. v_James_v

v_James_v

Kinda blows for us who have been subscribed to plus from the beginning. Maybe get one for free? Would love Amplify Shader Editor ;)

22. Hauhau

Hauhau

Drat, on Plus since beginning and bought Playmaker not long ago. Great package but yeah, kind of a bummer seeming excluded.

23. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

As a long time Unity customer with a Pro subscription, I feel my teeth being kicked as we speak...

24. BobOfTibia

BobOfTibia

So, a new/extra pack just got added to this deal this morning, do people who purchase pack/deal, like yesterday(The boat I'm in)get this added pack?

25. julianr

julianr

So, people paying a subscription already that has started after 30 days do not get anything other than a discount - not a good way to keep your existing customer base Unity! Ongoing renewals is what you need to sustain growth and look after your loyal customers - at least with a loyalty scheme.

Socrates and metaldc4life like this.
  26. JulianKS

JulianKS

How does upgrading from Plus to Pro at a later date come into play with this too?

So let's say I sign a 12 month contract through this deal. I get Plus.
    Then my project gets big enough that I need the Unlimited revenue cap (what a dreamer, right?). But I still have x amount of months left on my contract.

Is there a way to upgrade the remaining portion of the contract and maintain the license to the other benefits, or do I have to just purchase Pro separately while the Plus contract runs out?

27. Markedavis2001

Markedavis2001

I've been trying to compare what's in Unity Plus vs. the free version and I'm having trouble. For example, I understand Unity pathfinding isn't in the free version but it's in Plus. But I can't find that mentioned anywhere in the comparison matrix.

Unless I'm mistaken, I'm wondering what else might not be spelled out? Any ideas?

sonofbryce likes this.
  28. jasonllapp

jasonllapp

Wow I was so excited to be getting the Accelerator Pack, now I guess not. ohh well guess it's time to learn c++.

29. evand

evand

This is the first time I've actually felt like Unity wasn't working in its user's interests. I had planned on maintaining my subscription, but I guess the better strategy is just to wait for a deal.

I was searching all over looking for how to get this while adding 12 months to my subscription, but apparently old user don't count?

theolagendijk likes this.
  30. cendere

cendere

31. OnurcanDonmez

OnurcanDonmez

I has subscribed for Unity Plus before May 31. How can i get assets. I couldn't find any information for that

32. BobOfTibia

BobOfTibia

They send you an Email with codes, go to your profile and use the codes to get the assets.

Note: The assets don't come with any further updates.

33. DVertino

DVertino

I haven't gotten any codes for these freebies yet. Anyone else?

34. Trinda

Trinda

I got the accelerator pack pretty much straight away, but I haven't received anything for the essentials pack yet

bukerbear likes this.
  35. needforbleed

needforbleed

Same here

36. Onsterion

Onsterion

Will there be a new Accelerator Pack for the new Unity 2017?

37. needforbleed

needforbleed

I don't know

38. waverz

waverz

So what about the four essential packs that should available on June 30 ??
    @Jacob_Unity

TonCoder likes this.
  39. scausey

scausey

I'm beginning to think t his was bad idea. June 30th has come and gone and not a word?

TonCoder likes this.
  40. SquadMc

SquadMc

Sadly the same here. Accelerator pack straight away...no notifications regarding the essentials. Would be nice to have them for sure :)

TonCoder likes this.
  41. SoftImage

SoftImage

Yes nothing and no news till yet what's wrong!

42. TonCoder

TonCoder

Definitely would like to know what's the deal with the accelerator pack that was offered by June 30th.

43. dayero

dayero

Yep, no essentials pack here either. No announcements, explanations or apologies for a delay either. It's not like they need to be in a hurry though, they already got our money.

44. TonCoder

TonCoder

I was notified yesterday after emailing them on Monday that they will start sending emails on Tuesday. Based on their customer support I should have it no later than Wednesday. Keep your eyes peeled and check your spam folder.

Cheers!

waverz likes this.
  45. SquadMc

SquadMc

Hey there. Update regarding my "I did not get anything neither"-post from friday: Got the mail enabling me to select the essentials pack. Thanks to Unity and hope you all got yours too! Best

TonCoder likes this.
  46. TonCoder

TonCoder

Could anyone please post the extra essential packs that are available. I'd like to see which would be my choice before I buy something on the asset store and am able to just get it free from these.

47. dayero

dayero

you can still see them on the expired offer page in the background.
    https://store.unity.com/de/offer/unity-accelerator-pack

also update: i just got the email that directs me to the page where i can choose a pack . Now it's up to two more days until delivery of the vouchers. If that actually happens that's an acceptable delay, i'd give them a 4 star review ;-)

TonCoder likes this.
  48. AndreaP

AndreaP

Are the essential pack emails still being sent? I have not received it yet

Update: just received mine :)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  49. Ninjaox

Ninjaox

i haven't received my email to chose which essential pack yet

50. Metron

Metron

I wonder who I'd have to contact for the essential packs. I took 3 subscriptions but had only access to 2 packs...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.