Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Horrible stability issues

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by SaphuA, Jan 13, 2016.

1. SaphuA

SaphuA

I am trying to deal with some horrible stability issues and was wondering if:
    1. This is an issue on my machine (unlikely, see below)?
    2. This is an windows 10 issue?
    3. Other people have these issues?
    4. The issue is known and is being fixed?
    5. I can get into contact with Unity on helping them pinpoint the issue?
    Note that I have completely reinstalled my laptop with Windows 10 x64 in order to try and fix this, without success. The only things that are currently installed are: Visual Studio 2015 CE, Steam, Unity, windows updates and the latest video card drivers. The laptop came with a GTX 850M. The hardware never gets abnormally hot. I have had zero stability issues with any other application or game.

The issues happen randomly even with the simplest 2D projects. Either Unity just hangs completely, after which I am unable to close it using the task manager. Or I get a windows notification that my graphics driver crashed after which I need to restart unity.

It gets even worse when I import the free version of Fluvio. Doing so and trying to use it causes windows to crash into bsod sooner or later.

These issues are making working in unity impossible and I'd really like to get some help.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  2. TwILeK

TwILeK

Hi

I have same problems. We have 8 machines, i use Laptop with Nvidia 840M and!!! Intel HD Grahpics 4600 integrated video card,

On Windows 10 64 bit Unity 5.2 crash randomly, but only 2-3 times per day ... unity 5.3 crash 1-2 times per minute :) (unity 5.3 is very unstable) (crash is: Not response, or crash to desktop with or without callstack ...)
    The other PCs unity crash only 4-5 times / week ... 5.3 crash 1-2 times / minute ...

I don't have any stability issue with other games or applications (Unreal Engine, World of Warcraft, World of Tanks, War Thunder, etc)... i play 5-10 hours / day and no crash ...

And, when i not plugged the power cable and use unity get Blue Screen: driver power state failure
    Only when run unity and not plugged the power cable! (i play any game, like WoW, the power down from 100 to 0 and don't get blue screen)

Unity 5.2 is moderated unstable
    Unity 5.3 is very unstable

3. jtsmith1287

jtsmith1287

I'm fairly certain it's known that 5.3 is a filthy mess. Roll back to 5.1 and sit there indefinitely until the community gives the all clear. You'll be much happier, trust me.

(Personally I've halted at 5.2 just because I enjoy the better VS integration. Thus far I've had no issues but I hear a lot of reports on issues with 5.2 as well. )

4. tgraupmann

tgraupmann

I get the BSOD with Uity 5.4.3 on three different laptops of the same make/model number.

The TOSHIBA Satelitte S55t-C.
    16G RAM
    Windows 10 64-bit anniversary edition
    Intel i7 6700HQ @60Ghz.

I can launch Unity once and play for a while. Shortly after stopping, Unity stops responding, does a BSOD, and reboots. It's the same behaviour on all three of the same laptops.

Very easy to reproduce.

1. Get a GIT update from sourcetree
    2. Open the project in Unity
    3. Play and test changes
    4. Repeat once
    5. Unity stops responding
    6. Kill Unity
    7. Not able to restart windows
    8. Relaunch Unity results in just a white screen where the project wizard should be
    9. BSOD

I'm working with a modified project from this asset - https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/20416

I did notice I can avoid the BSOD if I let the compiler compile the changes in play mode and then stop and play again. If I hit stop and then let the compiler compile the changes it gets stuck followed by the BSOD.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  5. AdrianPutu

AdrianPutu

got the same problem while trying o open build settings, the window is all white then BSOD
    intel 17, Nvidia GTX 950M, Windwos 10, Unity 5.6.0f3 (64-bit)