Search Unity

Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Volume 1 & 2 Upgraded to PBR with Root motion support

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PROTOFACTOR_Inc, Mar 9, 2016.

1. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Glad to hear you still like the old design. It's kind of outdated though. I'm sure you'll like the redesign way better. Just give us some more time to present it...

2. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Here are some quick renders of how it looks like before we go back in and fine tune everything:

Hope you guys can now tell the difference between upgraded and outdated :)

Griffon is currently on sale at 50% OFF. $17.49 only. the upgraded version should hit the store in about 5 days. It is also included in the Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Volume 1 available also at 50% OFF, $174.99

We will also be upgrading (again) hippogriff by re using part of this character. The pegazus wil lalso re use the wings from griffon.

ivendar and TeagansDad like this.
  3. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Wow, looks really impressive. I like the jagged beak.

4. Tortyfoo

Tortyfoo

Did this get delayed for some reason? Last update I received was Kobold and Hobgoblin on 11th May. (I bought both volumes 1 and 2 via your store).

5. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Looks like there was an oversight on this matter. We will address that issue ASAP... Thanks for your understanding.

6. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

download links to have access to upgraded Centaur and Dark Elf have been sent to customers who purchased from former PROTOFACTOR STORE..
    Sorry about this little mix up. Thanks for your comprehension.

Tortyfoo likes this.
  7. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Here is a posed version of the Griffon in a sketchfab viewer. Animation process will start tomorrow. Model is skinned (still need some tweaking) and is almost textured completely.

Cheers! :)

8. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Epic. I love the rough and wild look of it.

9. hopeful

hopeful

To me it looks like another piece off a tapestry, like the Harpy. :)

PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  10. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Animation process has started, still need some tweaks on the models textures, but this will be the final fine tuning before release.
    Here is the updated sketchfab viewer:

11. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Just updated the sketchfab viewer. Almost all the animations are in besides get hit to fall, falling and hit the ground. Also need some polish in the skinning, and finalize texturing. Model should be available by this week end.
    Hope you guys like the animation set so far.

12. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Updated Sketchfab viewer to the final version of Griffon. All the animations are now in. Happy to say that Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack volume 1 is now fully upgraded to PBR and root motion animations. The final version will hit the store later today.

Griffon V2.0 itself is already available on the Asset Store and is currently at 50% OFF till June 28th. Only $17.49!

Download links have been sent to customers who purchased from former PROTOFACTOR STORE.

Mythological creatures Pack V2.06 is currently being uploaded to the store and should be live shortly and before the Volume 1.

Next in the pipe will be Pegazus / unicorn and both volumes will be fully upgraded! :)

cheers and have a great week end. :)

hopeful likes this.
  13. mons00n

mons00n

Heya @rosor ! Thanks for these amazing packs they're incredibly detailed and diverse. I just updated (deleted old and reimported) the first full pack for the new cyclops and am having issues with the animations likely because he's trying to use a humanoid rig with a single eye?

Tips on how to best fix this one?

14. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Have you considered creating a special mask to exclude the non existing second eye?

15. mons00n

mons00n

This is a fresh import of the package so other users may also be experiencing this. Here's what the included avatar source looks like:

the cyclops prefab does have a CYCLOPS_Eye transform so I'm not sure why the animations are upset about it.

16. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

What are the problem you are experiencing exactly? When setting up all the animations before submission, everything was fine. Can you elaborate?

17. mons00n

mons00n

Apologies for not being clear. I import the package, select one of the cyclops animations (CYCLOPS@2fistsCrushAttack for example), and I see the error I posted above.

also - how do you tweak the blend shapes?

18. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Does this prevent cyclops from playing animation at run time though?

19. mons00n

mons00n

Unfortunately it does prevent me from even making a new animation controller. Under each FBX it only shows "ROOT_" and no actual animations (due to the import error)

20. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

We're currently in minimum support and don't have access to the files to dive deeper into the issue until next friday...
    Right now, trying to reverse all the fbx to generic should allow you for sure to play the animations. Otherwise the mask option could maybe help or last potential candidate would be to remove the only eye from the rig set up, apply and update.
    We'll be able to assist you further in a few days... sorry about this.

21. mons00n

mons00n

No worries! Appreciate the quick replies and look forward to hearing from you next week.

22. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Ok, back in office after a little week of vacation... Dove into that issue, and it seems that the only viable solution is to get rid of the mono eye assigned in the humanoid rig set up. Eyes and jaw are optional. This is the only way it looks like. Otherwise you'll have to use the generic mode. So just update the rig set up apply, select all the other motion files and click update and you should be good to go.
    Hope this helps :)
    Best,

23. mons00n

mons00n

So remove the eye from the avatar rig? Would it work if I created a dummy eye game object and used that for the missing eye? What advantages does a humanoid rig give us over generic?

24. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

you would have to add that extra dummy bone inside a third party 3D application then re export the fbx . Potentially have to do that for all the fbx motion files... removing that bone from the rig set up inside unity would be easier. Advantages of using humanoid over generic is that:
    • you can mirror some animations if you want to
    • you can retarget animation from another character or animation set onto that character
    • you can use the IKs to make the rig behave in specific ways.
    Hope that makes sense.

25. mons00n

mons00n

Ah yea I gotcha. Do LookIK scripts still work if the eye is not part of the avatar rig? Or is that only really used for eye animations? My main concern is making the single eye move via a LookIK =)

26. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Would bet it doesn't since it's not part of the rig. pretty sure it's an easy script to set up though, defining a dynamic variable as target and then have the bone eye axis point to that vector's position. It's weird though that you can't just have one eye as part of the rig...

27. mons00n

mons00n

I'll toy with it more this weekend and let you know how things turn out. Thanks for the follow up!

28. ivendar

ivendar

Actually I like both and not said anything is better or worse. :) But the old model was really good job and just looks different about the head, mouth, horns, eyes. As I only remember it mostly from the screens I can tell you I like the look of it. Maybe I can also use both but of course I will have to compare that and see what looks good. :) Will send you a request mail. Thank you.

29. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Sent you a download link.

ivendar likes this.
  30. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Pegazus and unicorn V2.0 is now live on the Asset Store.

Download links have been sent to Customers who purchased from former PROTOFACTOR STORE. Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Volume 2 V2.27 is currently being processed and should be live later today. Volume 2 is now fully upgraded! Time to move on to the Animals Full Pack now!! :)

schmosef, hopeful and mons00n like this.
  31. mons00n

mons00n

!!!!!!!

hopeful and PROTOFACTOR_Inc like this.
  32. ivendar

ivendar

Thank you :)

33. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Looks like the last upload of Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Volume 2 v2.27 went wrong for some reason. I suspect the Asset Store Servers didn't process the files properly. It happened last time when updating volume 1 with upgraded Griffon. We just uploaded a new Version (v2.271) hopefully this would solve the issue.
    Sorry about the inconvenience.
    Thanks,

schmosef likes this.
  34. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Finally managed to get that Volume 2 live. The files should be OK now. V2.271 didn't make it... another server problem... stood there for 5 days in the queue without anything happening... re submitted anotehr version (v2.272) and this one made it through in 4 hours...
    Enjoy!
    There will be a Volume 1 v2.275. currently retouching the Evil Watcher so that it can make it to the UE4 marketplace. nothing about the model or texture... But new rig and new animations (pretty much exactly the same but smoother)
    then will finally be able to get those animals going... Finally...

mons00n likes this.
  35. mons00n

mons00n

Which one are you planning on tackling first? =)

36. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

most likely the highest on demand ones: wolf, bear, boar, pigs, deer etc... then African animals and birds.

mons00n likes this.
  37. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

people want to make some XP and get some nice pelt and trophies, right?

mons00n likes this.
  38. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

I cannot decompress
    HEROIC FANTASY CREATURES FULL PACK Volume 1
    I have 32 gb free Disc space. Using Unity 2018.3.6f1.

Getting error:
    Failed to import package with error: Couldn't decompress package
    UnityEditor.Web.JSProxyMgr:DoTasks()

Any idea what's wrong? Tried several times…

39. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hi, sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue.

I would locate the archive on your local hard drive and delete it before redownloading the asset.

Let me know if that helps.

Sincerely,

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  40. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Works like a charm now!

Thanks a lot for this great package :)

41. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

glad to hear it was an easy fix! Enjoy! :)

42. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

thanks for this great asset!

two Questions please:

is there a Version of the Evil wather with blendshapes for Talking? I am just trying to get that guy Talking with "Salsa with random eyes" because it looks so cool he Needs to talk in my game in cutscenes :D

The "undead army" in the pack 1 only has one prefab with one undead. And there seems to be no documentation. In the screens and in the sketchfab there were more than one, also with different helmets and different Horns on helmet etc.
    How do I get the others? Or how can I manipulate the first one? I would really like to have variations of them :)

Thanks a lot! This will give me nice variations in my game :cool:

43. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

You most likely need to set up manually multiple prefabs out of the original fbx. The master fbx includes all the element you need to create the little army you see in the sketchfab viewer. You just need to toggle the separate elements on off.

Hope this helps.
    Best,

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  44. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

I'll try, thanks.

45. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

We tried to Import the Evil watcher with Blender or Carrara, both does not work.
    Is there a chance there already exists a blend file or something like that of the Evil watcher, we could get to add blendshapes for simple talking Animations ourselves?

Or else the Evil watcher get's his voice "from the off" :) would also be okay...

Thanks a lot.

PS: I just had a look at the griffon on top of the Topic. this would really be a great talker, too :)

46. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

We don't use blender in house and don't provide native files. !I know that most of the time people having trouble importing fbxs are blender users. Are you sure you looked up for all possible solution online to your issue?

47. Rowlan

Rowlan

Are there any chances that this Dragon gets an animation update? I really like it, it looks awesome. But the animations are just linear fixed on the y axis, blocky and repetitive:

48. hopeful

hopeful

Is this a situation where more of an IK type solution might work? I'm thinking of Spine Animator.

49. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

This would mostly be helpful for moment where developer want the dragon to rotate according to input. Indeed Spine animator looks amazing for that.

I think @Rowlan is talking about the animation itself. @Rowlan , as mentioned in our reply to your review, this animation might need a second pass to smooth out the tiny jitter during this flying serpentine animation. Please note that we have more than 170 products on the marketplace and a huge pack to complete first (Sci Fi Characters Mega Pack Vol 1, 3 characters Add-Ons left until completion) before being able to update some packs that might require a bit of love.

Regarding the fact that it goes along a specific axis, here you should listen to @hopeful advice and look into Spine animator. We have provided a few turn animations but it's impossible to take care of every single potential move in all axis, only a plugin handling procedural real time overlay animation can help in that matter.

Thanks for your patience

50. Rowlan

Rowlan

It's really not about every single axis. The forward animation looks like it's on a rectangular sine wave along the forward axis and that's it. If you don't intend to improve on those rushed-out animations, that's also fine to know. Thank you.