Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

first install:error CS2001: Source file could not be found

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by mmwizard, Apr 23, 2009.

1. mmwizard

mmwizard

Hello
    I've just installed unity pro and when i start up i get these messages.
    error CS2001: Source file `Assets/Pro Standard Assets/Image Based/BlurEffect.cs' could not be found

it seems it cant find BlurEffect.cs but it is at the exact location as it says it would be.

see:

can someone help me please?

Thanx in advance.

2. mmwizard

mmwizard

Nobody????? :oops: :oops: :oops:

3. chaos1986

chaos1986

I'm going to make a point of resurrecting all the threads of people having this problem as I'd love to see it fixed and it's not been fixed through many, many versions now. Sorry I don't have a solution to your problem apart from make a blank script with the same name

BlakkM9 likes this.
  4. Dreamora

Dreamora

when you get this error you created a project that wants to use pro effects but didn't import the pro only image effects.

if you did import them and get this then mono likely crashed or import failed on compilation - in that case rightclick the Pro Standard Assets folder and select reimport (cause one possibility for classes to not be found is that they didn't compiled / detected for some reason which reimport solves)
    don't recall that I ever saw this bug

Tigger0606 and TroyDraws like this.
  5. Hyro101

Hyro101

Yeah that worked.

Thanks man

saved me a bunch