Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot start EditorVR; missing assembly reference?

Discussion in 'EditorXR' started by GrumpyFour, Dec 15, 2016.

1. GrumpyFour

GrumpyFour

Gentlemen, I could not be more excited about this release.

With a clean install of the experimental build and imports of newly downloaded Oculus Utilities and the EditorVR package, I have this error message in the console:

Assets/EditorVR/Workspaces/Project/Scripts/AssetGridItem.cs(246,13): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.Renderer' does not contain a definition for `motionVectors' and no extension method `motionVectors' of type `UnityEngine.Renderer' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

I don't see an 'EditorVR' menu item in the Window menu, nor does ctrl-E make anything happen. In the Rift headset I see an error message: Unity.exe is taking a while to load, etc.

Hoping you can help!

2. DylanU

DylanU

Unity Technologies

Thank you for trying out EditorVR. Sorry for the difficulty you're experiencing; hope we can help to resolve this for you.

To get started: Did you perform those actions in a clean/new project created using the experimental build, or did you import Oculus + EditorVR into an existing project that was created with a different(older/newer) version of Unity?

3. GrumpyFour

GrumpyFour

Edit: got it working now. Was a rookie mistake. Somehow the desktop alias for the experimental 5.4.3 build got pointed to my Unity 5.5 install. Once I correctly ran the experimental build the VR editor runs properly.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  4. DylanU

DylanU

Unity Technologies

@GrumpyFour That issue is present when attempting to use EditorVR in Unity 5.5. The api changes in Unity 5.5 removed the renderer.motionVectors bool (used in AssetGridItem), replacing it with renderer.motionVectorGenerationMode.

Please use the experimental Unity 5.4.3 Editor build located here: EditorVR Experimental Build of Unity

5. ericschleicher

ericschleicher

errr.... so since 5.5 is now the current version, will it be possible to run the editorVR with a contemporary version of unity sometime soon?

how long will it require a custom build of unity?

6. amirebrahimi_unity

amirebrahimi_unity

EditorVR depends on the new input system, which has not made it's way into a published build of Unity yet. We will remain an experimental build for some time ahead.

We are planning to create a 5.5 experimental build, too.