Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Warnings and Error In Xcode 5 Using Unity 4.3.4

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Dogg, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Dogg

Dogg

Hello again. I know after doing lot's of research that this error is common in Unity, so I would like to know how to resolve it. I have 12 warnings and 1 error after trying to archive my game to be posted on the App Store. The warnings are: Implicit conversion loses integer precision: 'Insert Name' (aka 'unsigned long') to 'int'. Remember there are 12 of those. The next is the common error which is Apple Mach-O Linker Error. This is what it says:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. ld: file is universal (2 slices) but does not contain a(n) armv7s slice: /Users/Shared/Unity/New Unity Project  1/UnityBuildFinalWars/Libraries/libiPhone-lib.a file '/Users/Shared/Unity/New Unity Project  1/UnityBuildFinalWars/Libraries/libiPhone-lib.a' for architecture armv7s
    2. clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
    How can these things be fixed? Does anyone have any solutions?

Picture:

2. Alexey

Alexey

Unity Technologies

>> ld: file is universal (2 slices) but does not contain a(n) armv7s slice: /Users/Shared/Unity/New Unity Project 1/UnityBuildFinalWars/Libraries/libiPhone-lib.a file '/Users/Shared/Unity/New Unity Project 1/UnityBuildFinalWars/Libraries/libiPhone-lib.a' for architecture armv7s

go to project settings and set architectures to armv7 only

3. Dogg

Dogg

You mean the build settings in Xcode? So change Standard architectures (armv7, armv7s, arm64) - $(ARCH_ STANDARD) to just armv7? What about the Valid Architectures? Do I change those as well? Thank you so much for your help.

4. Dogg

Dogg

Actually it appears that I got it working, maybe. Just one or two more questions though, what should my supported platforms be in the build settings of my target? It was originally set to iphoneos when I first imported my built Unity game in Xcode, but I changed it to IOS.

5. Alexey

Alexey

Unity Technologies

>>Standard architectures (armv7, armv7s, arm64) - $(ARCH_ STANDARD) to just armv7?
    yes
    >>it was originally set to iphoneos when I first imported my built Unity game in Xcode, but I changed it to IOS.
    yeah, should be fine - iphoneos is a "leftover" from old xcodes - they are same

6. Dogg

Dogg

Oh okay so it doesn't matter which one i choose right? Just making sure.