Search Unity

#ScreenshotSaturday thread

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by MutantGopher, Jun 6, 2015.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

@S4G4N

The top down looks very sweet :)

S4G4N likes this.
  2. S4G4N

S4G4N

@nasos_333 I will do more demos like that, I always tell how well they work together the interiors & the exteriors, well, need to show it a bit more, I love Top Down games so very happy with the result

nasos_333 likes this.
  3. nasos_333

nasos_333

Grassy Isles (InfiniGRASS and Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0). Isles can move around along with their grass.

Before and after the snow. Everything is painted using InfiniGRASS (including the ruins)

Some of the WIP with InfiniGRASS and Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0. The two packs are made to work together, snow will gradually grow on InfiniGRASS next gen foliage depending on weather conditions of Sky Master 3.0 system.

The new Water/Ocean system is also working great along with the grass, for cool underwater foliage like weeds etc

Cool, it is very nice to see all the detail in one view :)

lloyd22 and Velo222 like this.
  4. S4G4N

S4G4N

@nasos_333 I like the water distortions in the first shot especially , has either a real look to it, or a dreamlike feeling :)

nasos_333 likes this.
  5. nasos_333

nasos_333

That is the latest preset i am working on, which is to give a calm look with small refracton index and less bumpy look

The next step is to create a detailed rock texture to paint with InfiniGRASS and give a realism vibe to the underwater scene

lloyd22 and S4G4N like this.
  6. Brainswitch

Brainswitch

Added enemy death animations which are part-procedural - gives them both a dynamic and a slight comical look. Which works for me :)

Also, here: http://gfycat.com/SnarlingGregariousAustralianshelduck
    is the intro effect when entering a new level in my game. Starts with large brush-strokes, then paints with smaller and smaller brush-strokes. Excuse the gfycat/gif-compression.

S4G4N and Carwashh like this.
  7. Carwashh

Carwashh

@S4G4N

May I suggest you post 1 screenshot, which is your favourite of the bunch, and the others you wish to post that day you add in spoiler tags?

QFSW, S4G4N and nasos_333 like this.
  8. nasos_333

nasos_333

More pics:

[/spolier]
    Underwater in Sky Master v3.0, using the new InfiniGRASS v1.3 "realistic rock" WIP prefab

Carwashh and S4G4N like this.
  9. Carwashh

Carwashh

I did a 'diorama' yesterday, my first attempt at doing one. It could be better, but happy with how it came out.
    Standalone 42  1366x768.png

No filters/ shaders on this one: Standalone 40  1366x768.png Standalone 41  1366x768.png Standalone 43  1366x768.png

S4G4N and nasos_333 like this.
  10. QFSW

QFSW

Changed up my instructions menu the other day so that it includes the EXP/Money awarded

Attached Files:

S4G4N likes this.
  11. Sykoo

Sykoo

A little early today (posting this on Friday)! :)
    A new speed design, a new screenshot!

VIDEO:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  12. nasos_333

nasos_333

More pics:

I dont make assets that i wont be using in my own RPG game, so all screenshots and generally when i create some environment or effect and show it here, are always things i plan to refine and use in my RPG.

In fact all my assets are things i had programmed for my game and decided to refine and share, so their main purpose was as my RPG systems, so i can have full control over my own sky, foliage etc. That is the reason also that i keep updating them constantly and will do so for a long time to come :)

I am also working on an AI (no name yet) and a Gameplay oriented systems (PANDORA), that will also give me all the control i need for my title and will also share on the store.

Now i am working hard on the "Forest" and "Caribbean" demos, both of which will have vast detail, and both are planned as stages in my own game (the Caribbean will be in a totally different weather in my game though :))

"Caribbean" demo - Clear weather (Grass is a fast first paint with InfiniGRASS and WIP)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    Sykoo and S4G4N like this.
  13. QFSW

QFSW

Got some new images done for my instructions booklet
    boy some of them took a long time
    rebw.png
    grjir.png

14. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

Working on a shader for Jove, namely terrain. Terrain is from skyshop.

Nice sunset

Velo222, Carwashh, QFSW and 2 others like this.
  15. Korno

Korno

Mobile endless runner game; Still nowhere near finished.

16. Carwashh

Carwashh

@Korno That looks pretty interesting. Some critique if I may.

- Pause doesn't need such a big button, using the two lines || would allow a smaller button and not hide the game behind it.
    - Your button(?) top middle, needs the text sorting out as it is overlapping the edges. Make the text a bit smaller, or the button a bit bigger - make sure to test for the largest possible string that this UI element will have.

QFSW and Korno like this.
  17. Korno

Korno

You are absolutely correct. The pause button was just put there while I was developing the pause functionality. I just left it there. But I will fix it.

The text at the top middle was set to best fit which was giving me annoying issues with margins. I will have to add a horizontal layout group and force that use margins I think.

Thanks for the critique. Always welcome.

Carwashh likes this.
  18. Ironmax

Ironmax

I jump in to this fine thread..even its sunday.. Some work in progress here, big full moon here our country to day..

QFSW, nasos_333 and Korno like this.
  19. Korno

Korno

20. Ironmax

Ironmax

Thx :) let me know when you have your endless runner done, i would love to try it on my mobile/tablet. Looks better than the temple runner.

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

Behind the glass

Riverlands

Red forest

Misty forest

More pics:

Some of my work for my RPG areas (Riverlands-forests) and Sky Master v3.0 demo (ocean and glass works). InfiniGRASS is used for the forest bed foliage.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    Not_Sure and S4G4N like this.
  22. goonter

goonter

Some shots of the redone houses in Frameshift. Read all about it here.

23. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi Everyone,

I am busy putting together some NEW BLUEPRINTS that uses both the Village Interiors Kit & Village Exteriors Kit

I am going to release a small set, some houses, shops & an Inn as a FREE BLUEPRINT set for all package owners

Cheers
    Cobus

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    florianalexandru05 and nasos_333 like this.
  24. Ironmax

Ironmax

good job there :) i really like the wall texture design

S4G4N likes this.
  25. nasos_333

nasos_333

Ocean / Water system for Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    florianalexandru05 likes this.
  26. nasos_333

nasos_333

27. lloyd22

lloyd22

nxtboyIII, ADNCG, lorenalexm and 5 others like this.
  28. PitHeimes

PitHeimes

Working on some new Shader. Ability to blend textures with custom brushes and depending on the heightmap of the groundlayer. Love how easy it is to get unique looking terrain and walls all over our level.

29. Titutitech

Titutitech

Is it OK to share a video in this thread?

Today I made this little video to announce that our game is going to have fully fledged AI!

appslabs likes this.
  30. nasos_333

nasos_333

Some of the WIP for InfiniGRASS v1.5

The system uses vertex coloration to blend grass base to the ground color, gravity emulation at grass length, local temporal interaction with directional motion emulated on shader for fast interaction, procedural grass shape change per blade (also applied on the ground - rocks for variety) and mix of transparent shader with higher polygon grass types.

31. GameTechnix

GameTechnix

Screenshot of my Alpine Forest level work in progress for the Saturday Screenshot.

alpine-forestWIP--20.jpg

S4G4N likes this.
  32. Jussumman

Jussumman

Are those black holes? Funny I just published a game based on them but kept it very simple (no crazy physics).

33. QFSW

QFSW

upload_2015-11-14_8-24-59.png
    Got heatmaps integrated to Asteroids!

34. nasos_333

nasos_333

35. StarvingIndieDeveloper

StarvingIndieDeveloper

GameTechnix likes this.
  36. nasos_333

nasos_333

More pics:

My current work for extreme performance realistic environments in Unity 5, using Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0. The Atoll demo will also be enchanced later with InfiniGRASS for next gen performance grass on the islands.

I will post pics and videos of the full demo that uses both assets later as well.

S4G4N and StarvingIndieDeveloper like this.
  37. twistedcitizens

twistedcitizens

Here are some screenshots from Pendulum!

38. Kona

Kona

Finished some large updates on the blood & gore system along with new damage models with a little extra details today. :)

39. zenGarden

zenGarden

You are invading the thread with your asset store plugins wip and adverts :rolleyes:

40. nasos_333

nasos_333

Every single thing made for my assets are WIP for my RPG as well, so consider all my pics my RPG WIP. The reason i create assets and work in Unity is my RPG game in the first place.

I understand that my approach is very different, but i think making my RPG this way will pay off in a big way later.

For example my InfiniGRASS grass system creates some of the best and most stunning environments i have created for my fantasy RPG yet, i could not have come even miles close to this result without it.

S4G4N likes this.
  41. zugsoft

zugsoft

I think the same than you zenGarden, I already told the same to nasos_333.

42. nasos_333

nasos_333

That would mean i cannot show any of my RPG wip pics in this forum post, since my RPG will be made with my assets. Is it prohibited showing wip from a game in this case ?

I was under the impression that in this thread all wip pics related to a game creation may be posted.

S4G4N likes this.
  43. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

I'll follow this thread, how many screenshots are we allowed to post?

S4G4N likes this.
  44. richardh

richardh

This is an early WIP I've been working on. Some models are finished and some are placeholders or incomplete. Some models are from the asset store (free and paid) most are my own creations:

Image1.png Image2.png Image4.png Image5.png Image6.png

45. zenGarden

zenGarden

A picture or a video and a webplayer demo link would be more usefull to test performance on our computer, than ten same screenshots.
    You are making a RPG from long time ago, and we only see plugins demonstration, we never seen functionnal gameplay or levels and characters progress.

You are putting the "spoiler" tag, that's good.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  46. nasos_333

nasos_333

That is because i am not ready to reveal the game yet. This is a very big project and the final gameplay and details will come when the time is right.

That said, if you ever come to Greece you are most welcome to have a preview of the 100+ maps i have made for the game, the art style, the combat, talk about the ideas i have yet to implement, preview the world map, the endless lore pages i have created, the way i alter creatures from the store to look very unique, some of the bosses etc etc etc (that is many etc there, the content of the game alone is nearing 50GB as we speak :) and the artistic stuff another 30GB)

Now i am focusing on making the perfect tools for the world creation and then i will move back to gameplay (making my PANDORA and InfiniCASTLE packs in parallel as they are vital parts of it, both are based on ideas and systems i prototyped while making the game as well)

I will post a webplayer with the island soon, probably today actually, i was solving a small issue with the point light specularity in the ocean, that is why it is not yet released. Plus this is a screenshots thread.

EDIT: Posted a pic of the point lights on water above, this is one major aspect of water i was trying to get right for my RPG, as i have a ton of places where this can be used to great effect. All my mystical ponds will now be able to reflect my flying glowing wildlife to perfection :).

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    S4G4N likes this.
  47. GameTechnix

GameTechnix

Stone cabin in the woods

image.jpg

nasos_333 and S4G4N like this.
  48. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Ok I'll post one to!

Frozen landscape

pcg, S4G4N and nasos_333 like this.
  49. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

Love the color. What snow shader did you use?

50. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

No shader at all! This is a really old image I did, the models are just some generated mesh put thoder with baked textures on them, same for the lighting (baked in the diffuse), just added a background, some fog and done.

PhoenixRising1 likes this.