Search Unity

Pendulum - top/down shooter!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by twistedcitizens, Nov 20, 2015.

1. twistedcitizens

twistedcitizens

Introducing Pendulum to the community.

Pendulum is a top down 3D shooter. We are early into the development, and after several months of working on this, finally would like to start getting some feedback.

Premise:

The gamer controls Stuart Anderson. Stuart is a scientist kidnapped by a cartel to create a powerful drug named Pendulum. After three years as a hostage, Stuart has a chance to escape and make his way to freedom by fighting his way through a mansion filled with Cartel members, soldiers, henchmen, and bosses.

What is Pendulum?

Pendulum, aka Pend, is a powerful drug created to make you faster, stronger, and deadlier.

Features:

The game will have a story mode filled with dialogue,a plot, and nice visuals. Without giving too much away from the story mode, it promises to be exciting.

We would also like to focus on having gun exchanges, rather than one shot kills.

Screenshots:

We have also created a website for the project which you can follow : http:www.twistedcitizens.com and a twitter handle: twistedcitizens

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    RavenOfCode and Kona like this.
  2. Patico

Patico

I like it. Especially the name, sounds cool :)

twistedcitizens likes this.
  3. twistedcitizens

twistedcitizens

Hey thanks a lot!

We're currently using baked lighting but I can't get any specular/reflections on surfaces. I have a reflection probe set to bake but this doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas would be appreciated!

4. twistedcitizens

twistedcitizens

Making progress with lighting and also level design. The first screenshot is normal game play. Below shows the visuals of when the player takes a dosage of Pend.

six.jpg
    five.jpg

5. twistedcitizens

twistedcitizens

Hello all! Does anyone have any ideas on how to get reflections on baked objects? I am baking reflection probes, but my floors do not catch spec/reflections. Thank you.

6. twistedcitizens

twistedcitizens

Been a while since our last update. Here is our latest screenshot, and we also hired someone to help us with programming. Very excited about that.

eight.jpg

7. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Like the look of it

8. Haseeb_BSAA

Haseeb_BSAA

Wow nice visuals! :) Keep it up bruh

9. Midnight_City

Midnight_City

The game looks great so far. Story sounds interesting too. Reminds me a bit of Limitless (the movie/tv series) but touching on physical strengths instead of mental.

10. twistedcitizens

twistedcitizens

Thanks for the kind words. And I can definitely understand the relation to Limitless as well in terms of physical. The OP was also edited as we were lucky to find both an illustrator and programmer to help with the project too.

11. twistedcitizens

twistedcitizens

we've updated our visuals to match the latest standards in gamedev. we're taking advantage of Unity's Global Illumination system and the latest Physically Based Shading. We are pleased so far with the results!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  12. twistedcitizens

twistedcitizens

Here is the new lighting and shaders in action:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    RavenOfCode likes this.
  13. twistedcitizens

twistedcitizens

Just updated to 5.2.4 and running into "Clustering" errors while building lighting. Any ideas on workarounds would be appreciated!

14. Autonoma

Autonoma

Don't you just love upgrading?? It's almost like the Unity team and the plugin creators assume everyone starts 100% from scratch when they upgrade.. I don't understand why that is. It's really a complete pain for guys who are using these tools to make a living.

Anyway, don't know how to fix your issue with 5.2.4, but just wanted to drop in and say the game looks fantastic so far!

15. twistedcitizens

twistedcitizens

Thanks for your comment!

Yeah, we decided to upgrade in order to fix another issue and we were afraid this would happen. Well it happened.

16. twistedcitizens

twistedcitizens

Updated our YouTube channel with a video Devlog of the game, which can be seen here:

One of our goals for this project is to include a 'How To' on our video dev logs. The subject for each episode will revolve around what we recently applied to our build. For example, on this video we discuss setting up tutorials for the game player to follow.

The video also shows a cleaner smoother looking mansion (we've improved visuals) and also added a new section in the build. Slowly but steady we are building our house.

Hope you watch and enjoy.

RavenOfCode likes this.
  17. twistedcitizens

twistedcitizens

New video in our 'Devlog and How To' series:

In this video, Logan explains our HUD system and also how to create one for yourselves

18. twistedcitizens

twistedcitizens

Our first illustration for the game has arrived! (credit goes to Sam Hetherington who we brought onto the team as our illustrator/concept artist)

We are using this as a teaser campaign:

19. ParachutingTurtle

ParachutingTurtle

Looks cool!
    Are you still looking for a programmer? I sent you an email a few days ago.

twistedcitizens likes this.
  20. twistedcitizens

twistedcitizens

Here is a peek of the progress. Reworking some of the foundations right now.. But we'll be back with more soon.