Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Rope Z - 2.5D platformer

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Zaddo67, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Zaddo67

Zaddo67

Estimated Release Date : Late 2014

Your character "Z" is a treasure hunter. He has a super power to throw ropes and attach them to almost any surface. He uses this super power to swing up, down, or looping around the deathly dangerous pits of razor sharp stalagmites, bubbling poisonous lakes and many other dangers. Z knows there are no second chances, one mistake and it's all over!

Race against the clock and avoid the many dangers, but most importantly, enjoy the rush of swinging and sailing through the air, just barely in control searching for that treasure!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are 2 brothers based in Brisbane, Australia. This is a part time hobby for us. We started the project 12 months ago. We had hoped to finish in 3 months :)

The Unity community has been fantastic, providing answers to our questions on the forums and fantastic tools on the Asset store. To help us achieve our goal of developing a high quality game, we would greatly appreciate your feedback.

We will initially release the game on the Android platform. If we make a couple dollars, we will then deploy to PC and iOS.

[video=youtube_share;toVCPvaPLJ0]

$Game3w.png

$Game5w.png

$Game6w.png

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  2. TheRaider

TheRaider

Looks pretty awesome. I am willing to put up the couple of dollars to port to iOS! :)

3. bearZZ

bearZZ

Can't wait till this comes out - I love these side to side games - keep up the good work

4. Zaddo67

Zaddo67

@TheRaider @BearZZ, Thanks for Feedback

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  5. sisusisu

sisusisu

Nice game. Very much interested. Do you have a scheduled date? Eager to see it.
    PM me once it is available

6. Zaddo67

Zaddo67

Thanks for your interest sisusisu. I don't have a release date yet. But I am hoping to that by August we can have it on the Android store. I'll certainly PM you when it is available.

7. Zaddo67

Zaddo67

It has been a while since the last post. Progress was a little slow for a while. But we are now back on track.

Here is a preview video showing some of the intro levels for Rope Z.

Feedback is welcome (good or bad or suggestions)

Within the next week we should have a Alpha release ready and would love to get some people playing the game.

We will upload the Alpha to Google Play, if you like to get access to the full game for free, please PM me your Google Play email and you will be added to the Alpha test group (confidentiality guaranteed). I will post an update here when the game is ready to be downloaded.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  8. Zaddo67

Zaddo67

A web player version is now available, with the first 8 games.
    http://www.zoneoffun.com/RopeZWeb/RopeZWeb.html

Edit: Forgot to mention, that on the 3rd game, there is a rocket. I haven't included the tutorial on how to use this. To fire the rocket after you pick it up, right mouse click in the direction you want to fly. To stop the rocket, left mouse click.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  9. Zaddo67

Zaddo67

We are finally in the home stretch of releasing our game and about to launch our kickstarter campaign.

It has been a long process to get to this point. We have had many challenges, including: Poor choice of purchases on the asset store, controlling the size of the apk, spammers on our forum, developing the game into something we are proud to release. On top of that, we have only just got to the starting line. Marketing and selling the game is a daunting exercise.

I will be shutting down the android open alpha as this will be one of the rewards for supporting the kickstarter. So last chance to get the game before we launch. You can still get the alpha for another 48 hours:

Instructions to get alpha found here: http://www.zoneoffun.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28120

ropez1.jpg

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  10. Zaddo67

Zaddo67

11. Zaddo67

Zaddo67

Our Kickstarter campaign is off to a slow start. You can see the tumbleweeds rolling down the street and hear the wind rustling the leaves on our page. (If that description is a bit too vague, I am attempting to describe an old western deserted town)

If you have any good tips on promoting a kickstarter campaign, I would love to hear from you.

Please check it out. We would love your support. (Even pity support will be welcome :))

12. ANTMAN0079

ANTMAN0079

"If you have any good tips..."

Um... You're only asking for $100. Maybe you could 1) get a job, 2) pick up pennies and cans to recycle, 3) sell things you own on eBay. Seriously, how does anybody on this Forum not have $100 as they develop games and view the Internet? If that is all you have to show then maybe it's not enough to garner people's interest in donating.

13. Zaddo67

Zaddo67

@ANTMAN0079. Point taken, that maybe the low target is a turn-off. However, your tips don't really help me achieve my goal (But they were quite amusing :)).

I will clarify what my goal is. I started the kickstarter campaign as a way to market the game. The low initial target, was set so that it could be achieved easily and ensure any backers get copies of the game. i.e. A pre-sales avenue and if I can achieve 50 sales, I would be very happy.

With this in mind. What I am asking for tips on is: how to drive people to my kickstarter campaign and hopefully increase the number of pre-sales of the game. If you have run a successful kickstarter campaign, I would really appreciate your strategy on achieving this. (I have tried, the facebook posts, posting on forums I am active in, (I haven't annoyed family friends yet, because I am not begging for money), I need to reach people that would enjoy the game.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014