Search Unity

[RELEASED] Universal Fighting Engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mistermind, Dec 17, 2013.

1. jackycharm3048

jackycharm3048

Thanks a lot

2. jackycharm3048

jackycharm3048

I'm develop one project according to the trainningroom.unity. Then How could I change the FBX stages texture? I mean I wanna change the screen of the stage, such as battlefiled picture and so on. thanks a lot.

3. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Please see this thread and this thread about stage creation. Stage issues usually fall into these areas.

To have the stage image on the stage select screen, just add the image to Screenshot field in Global Options | Stages.

4. Everscent

Everscent

I'm using the old version ....i got this error..
    Assets/UFE/Scripts/GUIScript.cs:386)

5. Mistermind

Mistermind

Sorry, I don't think we will be able to find an error based on a line of an outdated script. I recommend you update your UFE version to 1.5 and test it again.

I also recommend giving us a little more info on that error (copy and paste the entire message from the console panel) as well as some additional instructions on what the problem is and how to trigger it.

6. jackycharm3048

jackycharm3048

Hello guys, I'm doing a project using UFE, Could someone answer some very simple question for me?

1. I want to load a 3 second static introduction scenes pictures before the login GUI,
    how to write code?
    2.In the login GUI, how to set the exit code?
    3. How to modify the code to make into the next level after level is finished, thank you

7. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

I assume you mean you want an introduction scene before the main menu loads.

The easiest way to do this (and recommended by Unity if you're building to mobile), is just create a new Unity Scene and set it as the first scene to load in build settings.

That page also details what you need to do to load the next level. If you get stuck, post back here and I'll give you some pointers.

8. jackycharm3048

jackycharm3048

Thank you so much!

9. Twrmois

Twrmois

Somewhere i seen that someone had a animated main menu, and i think a animated character select screen as well, got confused when i looked into the prefab for the main menu (i think it was called introscreen), how can i make mines animated and not just a picture?

10. akash_langhani

akash_langhani

Hello Guys I have issue regarding character hit boxes, i want to use character with sword and apply hit effect when sword hit on other character body but nothing happened it goes across body i have also used it in hitbox script as custom object with sword as hit collider but nothing is happining.any suggestion please Thanks in advance.
    for reference look at this image character will be some thing like this.
    http://www.google.com.pk/imgres?img...act=rc&uact=3&dur=602&page=3&start=53&ndsp=28

11. Twrmois

Twrmois

If you edit the hitbox offset of the left hand (or right, whatever hand the sword is in) correctly, the sword will actually hit correctly. Because sword sizes vary, i cant give you a accurate setting for the offset.

12. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

If you mean make the background an animated image, you just need to replace the GUITexture in the prefab. You may need to replace the component with a movie texture though, depending on the effect you want to achieve.

Ideally, you should use whatever system you want for background images and the game's HUD (NGUI etc), by default UFE uses Unity's GUITexture so it doesn't rely on other plugins. You could also make your menu in 3D (it just needs to be a prefab after all).

This would apply to the character select screen too. It's a little more involved if you want to have your actual characters in idle pose on the select screen, but definitely possible. You will need to make a number of code edits to achieve it though.

I assume you mean you've set up the sword as Custom 1 bodypart in Hitboxes setup.

Have you set the correct hurtbox up for the Move? If your sword is Custom 1, then you need to assign the hurtbox to Custom 1...

If that's correct, does the attack work from the other side? If it does, then it's because your sword hasn't swapped sides (and you have Auto Mirror on). Simple solution here is to turn Auto Mirror off, but that might not be how you want your game to look/function.

Alternatively, you could switch to Legacy animation system. With Legacy, the Auto Mirror option mirrors the character model (textures) and rig, where as with Mecanim it just mirrors the rig. If you have a non-symmetrical character (like Spencer in MvC3), then you'd use Legacy. If your character is symmetrical, then you'd use Mecanim (Sagat and Vega in SF4 are good examples - eye patch stays on same side of face, claw swaps hands but tattoos are not mirrored).

However, with sword on Custom 1, it won't be mirrored regardless. Only bodyparts with Left/Right in their names mirror. If you have Source, it's possible to mod the code to include Custom 1 and Custom 2 to mirror though. Let me know if you need help on this.

Twrmois likes this.
  13. Twrmois

Twrmois

I will try that sometime, the movie thing, but with the NGUI i have been curious on how i would be able to change the menus to NGUI, to make it better. I mainly want to try working with it when the Networking update comes, but is it possible to use NGUI with UFE without breaking the project?

14. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

As always, BACK UP your work before doing the following.

Have a look at the void Awake() in the GUIScripts.cs file. Expand the comment to see a quick description. Basically, as along as you subscribe to the following UFE events:

UFE.OnGameBegin
    UFE.OnGameEnds
    UFE.OnRoundBegins
    UFE.OnRoundEnds

... your game will work. You won't have any HUD, but that's what NGUI would be for ;).

I just tested now by copying the GUIScripts.cs file, and in the copy I removed all OnGUI Calls. I also commented out everything except for the above 4 subscriptions, and the game plays fine. No life bars or anything, but the rounds end and start fine. From there, it's just a matter of subscribing to appropriate events you need and hooking it into NGUI.

15. Twrmois

Twrmois

ah okay, thanks!
    Can health bars be done in NGUI or do i have to stick with using paint or gimp for the health bars?

16. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Although you specifically mentioned NGUI, I wanted to say (in case others are reading) that there are other options too. Please look on the Asset Store.

In saying that, NGUI (and the like) is a GUI replacement/management for Unity. You'll need to create your graphics in an external editor (gimp, photoshop etc), as you would have to if you used the current Unity GUI system.

NGUI handles health bars quite well though, it has a nice progress bar system that can trim images to represent a percentage. Please look into NGUI for more info it.

Twrmois likes this.
  17. akash_langhani

akash_langhani

I did edit hitbox/nocollider offset of left hand and set it to sword position but did not work,animation played but did not make contact with other body hitbox.

18. mende

mende

Hello everybody.
    I have the new version 1.5 source and its great, but I have one little problem:

I try to set up a custom animation in the hurt box, so I selected low as hit type and custom1 and in the move sets of the characters under Hit Animations/ Get Hit Low a Custom 1 Hit Clip.
    I still cannot see my custom1 animation clip playing,

Any idea what Im doing wrong?

19. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

I think what you're saying is you want a custom hit reaction animation?

It sounds like you've set it all up correctly. Are you sure the animation isn't playing, or is it that there are no Hit Effects? If the latter, check your Global Config | Hit Effect Options. You need to also have the appropriate hit effects set up for Custom 1-3.

If the animation definitely isn't playing, are you sure the opponent has the basic move assigned (and you didn't just set it up on the attacker only)?

Also worth testing is using the animation on Weak/Medium/Heavy reactions just to rule out that it's not the animation itself that's the problem.

I was able to get it working doing what you described, so let me know if it still doesn't work.

20. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Hi akash_langhani. Did you see my reply to you above? It might have gotten lost with the subsequent posts...

21. jackycharm3048

jackycharm3048

One quesion, how to use the Chinese Font? I have load one Font named simkai,and make prefab according the guide in ufe3d.com, but still have something wrong, how could I do? thanks a lot.

22. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Do you mean this guide?

Have you set the new language in Global Options | Languages?

If the above is fine, then can you confirm that going through the guide with an English font works for you? I know I've been able to use English fonts without any concerns, so I'm wondering if the issue is due to a non-English font. If it is, we may need to update the guide for other languages...

23. jackycharm3048

jackycharm3048

Yeah,wonderful asset. But now I have some trouble with Chinese language.
    1. I just create a prefab with no texture,when adding texture,the text will disturb and can't see clearly.
    2. then I just use Chinese prefab for the character's name, when I back into the main menu when in battle stage,the name can't be destory and still remain on the screen.
    So I wish you can help me :)

24. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Can you please post a screen shot of your Editor?

Below is mine, I was able to get a Chinese Open Type font (WeiBeiSC) working using the UFE font guide, I added the new Font into Global Options | Fonts as Font ID 10. I used Google translate to get 夫人机器人 from Lady Robot, hopefully Google didn't give me a bad translation!

The only issue I came across was Unity crashed if the original font size was too high during the Create Editable Copy step (too many characters to fit into texture), so I changed it from 32 down to 16 and it was fine.

25. jackycharm3048

jackycharm3048

thanks a lot .I'll try

26. mende

mende

Thanks a lot, Yum Cha Games for the fast response.

I was solving the problem by setting up all : custom1,custom2 and custom3 in the basic moves with an animation, suddenly the animation of the custom1 input was playing .
    Another problem I have: when I press "opponent override" in a move file (for example for a "throw_confirm") the move file is crashing and I have to reload unity. moveeditor_crash.PNG

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  27. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

We're aware of this one. We think it's only in the Source version (Pro version should be unaffected), it was missed just when we were up to packaging. We'll get a fix out for it asap.

To work around it until the fix is out, you can copy the default Throw Confirm move (Robot Kyle's) and edit that instead. The bug occurs because the Override panel is looking for a move when there isn't one assigned yet (and there can't be if you only just added it!). Using the existing Throw Confirm prevents the error since there's a move already assigned. As long as you don't just delete the move, you can avoid the error.

If you are confident with scripting, in the MoveEditorWindow script you can also comment out the Orientation section of the Override panel to get the window back up, then after adding the move in Default Move, you can remove the comments to regain access to the Orientation options.

28. mende

mende

Ok thanks, I am using my animation in the existing Throw-move- files for now.
    Sorry but I have another issue, Im developing on iphone and x-code is giving me this error if I set it to Fuzzy AI.
    (I have the fuzzy ai addon).Its working on android but on iphone its only working with the Random AI set up in the Gobal editor.
    Any advice on this topic?

ExecutionEngineException: Attempting to JIT compile method 'System.Linq.Enumerable:Sum<RuleBasedAI/MovementInfo, single> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<RuleBasedAI/MovementInfo>,System.Func`3<single, RuleBasedAI/MovementInfo, single>)' while running with --aot-only.

at System.Linq.Enumerable.Sum[MovementInfo] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 selector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RuleBasedAI.ChooseMovement (.ControlsScript self, .ControlsScript opponent, Single deltaTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RuleBasedAI.DoFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UFEController.DoFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UFE.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

29. Mgnes

Mgnes

Hello to everyone.

I'm about to buy the Source version of this asset,
    but one thing that I'm truly expecting is the network "possible addon"
    for UFE.
    I understand the reasons of why it is probably gonna be an addon
    and not included even in the source version, but which is going to be
    the estimated price for it?
    That question is the only thing for why I did not buy the asset yet.

If it's possible to give an approximation I would appreaciate it very much.
    Thanks in advance !

30. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Fuzzy AI currently doesn't work on iOS. This is something we weren't able to put in before releasing, but we're looking into making it iOS compatible. I can't give a time frame yet, as there's also a lot of other things on our plates currently.

31. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

Hey guys here's the first trailer of my game with the pro version of UFE. So greatful that this tool came out when it did.

Sliceandkill, Twrmois and Mistermind like this.
  32. Mistermind

Mistermind

Networking will be a relatively cheap addon, ranging from 20 to 30 dollars. It will also be included for free on UFE Bundle.

Fuzzy A.I. addon will also get a price cut. Those who already purchased Fuzzy A.I. will receive a discount on the Networking addon.

This looks very promising!
    Keep us updated on that project ;)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  33. amrhsn

amrhsn

This is my Augmented Reality Implementation using UFE. Still a lot of work to be done:

34. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

Want

35. AlanGreyjoy

AlanGreyjoy

You misspelled "Pirated Version" xD

Twrmois likes this.
  36. Twrmois

Twrmois

On a serious note for pirators, this is a great piece of software. Buying it is worth it because you have support and OFFICIAL updates that come with new features such as mobile, online multiplayer, and more. If you use unofficial versions you will not be updated, and your game will have a lot less features. I agree with you AlanGreyjoy, thats usually the case for people who choose to use older versions

AlanGreyjoy likes this.
  37. JessieK

JessieK

I know I and a lot of devs would happily pay the extra money for some addons as long as we are certain they will be supported, my main issue with a lot of addon is like you said there is a very real threat that I could spend $600 on an asset + addons and then it just gets abandoned and all of it suddenly becomes worthless, the addons not working without the abandoned asset.

Also 2d addon just saying I'd pay extra for sure ($300 bundle deal is also a great idea)

amrhsn likes this.
  38. amrhsn

amrhsn

I personally have purchased dozens of other assets from Unity Assets Store and very little are committed as UFE. This asset is unique and is worth the money for its add-ons implementation.

I am actually troubled by why developers are bothered by an extra $60 for the Fuzzy Logic while not complaining for paying $225 per month for the Unity engine itself (assuming iOS and Android are required). If UFE would consider porting to Unreal ($19 per month), it would be much better and cost effective.

39. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Thank you, do you have a month we can expect the Networking addon?

AlanGreyjoy likes this.
  40. AlanGreyjoy

AlanGreyjoy

Networking is what I am waiting for. Hopefully it's not just a local multiplayer, but a global solution. Where it finds players to fight with that are waiting.

Twrmois likes this.
  41. AlanGreyjoy

AlanGreyjoy

100% agree. We all pirate stuff... but unity assets??? No ******* way would I ever consider doing that. These people are not some massive EA studio.. 99.9% of the creators are just people toying around on the weekends, making something cool, putting it on the asset store, then returning to their main job on Monday.

The sack that guy has. To come on here and report a half assed error. 100% sure that error would not be there, if he updated it.. you know... cause it's FREE when you buy it lmao.

Twrmois and MrEsquire like this.
  42. Twrmois

Twrmois

Implemented a pretty simple Combo Breaker system. (looks better breaking a ground combo, but the vid shows a air combo breaker)

Uses half a super meter, and is done with D+DB+D+DF+F +HP

43. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Cool. Did you do any coding/mods, or was it all just editing Move files to make it work?

44. Twrmois

Twrmois

Mainly edited some move files and that was it

45. akash_langhani

akash_langhani

hey guys i need help in control freak integration i am using ufe old version, when i integrated control freak stick with my axis P1KeyboardHorizontal and P1KeyboardVertical on GetAxis() every thing is working but its not performing well, when ever i move my character forward or backword it jumps and shift position all the time, simple walk forward or backward not working properly using control freak stick.
    Please need help i am stuck here from few days thanks.

46. Twrmois

Twrmois

um...update UFE, there seems to have been more support for it since its release (PRO Version)
    if you're using a pirated version or a copy from a torrent, just leave.

47. Twrmois

Twrmois

MMind, i have a question.

So i was making a stage and i wanted their to be animated people in the background cheering, talking amonst themselves, etc. So I looked in a animation pack that had the prefabs and shows people with their animation files inside them, i dragged two in the stage, saved it correctly, but when i play on the stage, they do not move, they are just in the first pose/frame of the animation itself and do not move. I also tried the "add component" button and chose animator and chose the animation as the file, but still no luck. Any tips?

48. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

I haven't tried animated characters (only swinging branches and curtains or similar), but Kings of Kung Fu has animated background characters so it's definitely possible.

Just try having those background characters work in a normal Unity scene (nothing in it but the characters), and see if they animate when you play the scene. If they're still in the single frame pose, then the characters' animation clips aren't being called at start. You might need to script something to have them automatically play and loop their animations (or better still randomly select which clip/s to play).

Hope that helps.

Mistermind and Twrmois like this.
  49. amrhsn

amrhsn

- Change the model Rig's Animation Type to: Humanoid.
    - Drag the model to your scene with the UFE stage prefab.
    - Create a new Animator Controller and drag it to the animator controller of the model (from the inspector).
    - Drag the Avatar component (from the project panel under the model's component) to the Avatar of the model (from the inspector).
    - Double click on the Animator Controller you created and drag your target animation. it should be orange as a default animation.
    - If you run the scene, you should see the animation playing.
    - Apply the change to the stage prefab.
    - Within the project hierarchy, change the stage prefab's transformation values to (0,0,-4).

50. mende

mende

Hello everybody,
    I wonder how it is possible to copy a "Move File" and paste it
    I want to duplicate a Move file so,I that I can change the name of the move file and use another sound in the file, without change the animation and settings in the move file ect..
    Any advice how to do it best?