Search Unity

MyCiv (Updated)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by visualbruno, Aug 21, 2015.

1. visualbruno

visualbruno

Please go to this forum : https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/a...e-myciv-released-on-google-play-store.395247/

Thanks

Hi everyone.

I want to share with you my game "MyCiv", a Civilization like game.
    I'm a fan of Civilization but their mobile game "Civilization Revolution 2" disappointed me, it's too easy, the map is too small, graphics are not wonderful and I have a lot of ideas to make this game better.

It's at an early stage, but I'll share an alpha version soon.

Leave your comments.

I already tested the game on Windows Phone (Lumia 920 with 20fps), Galaxy Tab S, Galaxy Tab A, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5 and iPad Mini 2. It's not working on iPad 3.

See you

What is done :
    - World creation
    - Simple AI (AI can search, build, expand, attack on the same island)
    - Units with animations
    - Some effects/explosions
    - Road/Railroads
    - Some units sound

Currently in development :
    - Diplomacy
    - AI

Updated 2016-02-13:
    Started programming Diplomacy
    Roads, Railroads are implemented
    All units are designed
    Some explosions are implemented
    Some sounds are implemented

Updated 2016-01-01 :
    Started a website : http://www.newsoftvision.com (in construction)
    Started roads implementation (see picture below)
    Implemented Notification Window (see picture below)

Updated 2015-08-28 :
    Video on youtube added :

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    Jamster and Not_Sure like this.
  2. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

Nice. I have looked up civ like games on my Nexus and feel like the options just plain suck. Looks like a good start!

3. visualbruno

visualbruno

Thanks.

We can already create units and move them, search for technologies and build cities.
    I need to buy some assets, because for the moment I only have 3d models for Settler, Worker, Warrior, Scout, Archer, Caravan, Trireme, Workboat, Catapult and Cannon.

I'm looking in the forum http://forum.unity3d.com/forums/commercial-job-seeking.48/ if someone can help me to create some models, because even if asset store is huge, it does not contain everything.

See you soon

4. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

If I may make a suggestion, you should check out Djagg for an artist for hire.

I just hired him for some work and he was an absolute joy to work with. The guy does fantastic work fast and is very professional and very creative.

I highly recommend him.

5. visualbruno

visualbruno

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll contact him for sure.

6. visualbruno

visualbruno

Now worker can improve terrain, like Farm (Irrigation).

Attached Files:

7. visualbruno

visualbruno

Added a video on youtube :

Not_Sure likes this.
  8. visualbruno

visualbruno

Hi.

I have implemented Civilization Ages.
    Depending on city size and your civilization's age, the city will be different.

See you soon

Attached Files:

Not_Sure likes this.
  9. visualbruno

visualbruno

The game is working on iPad Mini 2 at 30 fps.

I just created a public board on Trello, if someone want to see the advancement : https://trello.com/b/711vT5qe/myciv

See you

10. visualbruno

visualbruno

Hi. I started the most interesting part of my game : AI
    When It'll be finished with unit attacks, I'll be able to submit an alpha version.
    See you soon

I attached a screen shot of a cool feature I'll implement on city : ForceField with future technologies and units.

Attached Files:

11. visualbruno

visualbruno

Hi.

Here is the advancement :
    - A lot of units 3D models are integrated (just 12 units are not designed on 54)
    - AI is written partially (AI can expand it-self and reply in case of attack)
    - Translated in English/French/German
    - Can save your game in DropBox (so you can start a game on your mobile and then on your tablet with different parameters : like the quality of the fogOfWar, shadows, number of trees)
    - Few unit animations are missing
    - Implemented some explosions and Nuke

If someone is interested to test it, I can share you an Android or IOS version.
    (For IOS, I need your UUID, to make a provision profile. I'm just limited with about 100 devices on Apple Dev Site)
    The game does not work on iPad 3 or older model, but has been tested on iPad Mini 2.

Please give me some feedback on your feeling, what you like and do not like, be honest. The game is not finished at all, it contains bugs and a lot of features are not implemented yet, like Happiness, Diplomacy)
    You cannot declare War, but if you decide to move one of your unit to enemy territory or if you attack a unit, it's done automatically and you cannot rollback the war.

If you try to create a unit that I don't have the 3D model yet, you will see a red cube instead.

To be able to save on DropBox, maybe I'll need to activate something for you, because the application is always on Dev and not on production and I'm limited with 100 developers.

See you

Attached Files:

12. visualbruno

visualbruno

Hi
    I started to create a website (http://www.newsoftvision.com) about the game.

Advancement :
    - I started to implement roads
    - Notification windows is done
    - AI is almost finished
    - Only 7 units are not designed.
    - Mines, Plantation, Lumber Mill, ... are designed

See you soon.

13. Lighty11

Lighty11

Hey, loving the game so far. Perhaps I missed this in the tutorial but whenever I start a settlement on a new land, it disappears after a few turns. Anything I can do? Cheers.

14. visualbruno

visualbruno

Hi.

Strange bug.

The only way a city can disappear, it is because it is loosing food and its size equal 0.

It only happened 1 time or everytime you build a city on a new island it disappears after some turns?

Regards
    Bruno

You can write me directly at info@newsoftvision.com if you prefer.