Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Making an Ammo Box

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by PhsycoDragon, Jan 28, 2015.

1. PhsycoDragon

PhsycoDragon

I want to make an ammo box for the following project: http://bit.ly/sspdfp

It has to look sort of futuristic-y. It is just a simple pickup, if the player picks it up, they will get extra ammo. I could ask for an asset, but I need to learn anyway. Any help will be much appreciated, thank you!

2. Trimadix

Trimadix

Hello PhsycoDragon,

Next time please try be more precise and more descriptive of what you actually need.
    If you want some practise with modelling the box you obviously should choose a modelling software which you preffer to use(Blender, Maia, 3d Max).
    I use Blender and well this tutorial would suit you for the basis even if you use something different.

Go through it all and Im sure youll understand the basis, after that youll just have to retexture it using some of the textures from the Unity Asset Store or by using your own textures whether theyd be drawn by you or pictures from something else.

If you need help with coding it depends on your scripting needs and knowledge. I preffer C# and I love it, if youll need some help with the script just private message me. As of your needs of practise, I would reccommend going through this. It should give you the basic idea of what you need.

Sincerely,
    Trimadix