Search Unity

Professional Location Tracking UI Toolkit [V1.2.1] - XMAS SALE! 75% OFF!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Hyper-Luminal-Games, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

Version 1.2.1 Available Now!

Location Tracking UI Toolkit is a professional and fully customisable navigation UI system for tracking and displaying important in-game locations. Perfect for use in any game genre, 2D or 3D!

The New Version 1.2.1 includes:
    • Updated to Unity version 5.1

The new version 1.2 includes:
    • Multiple Text Display Options for Each Location (To enable the display of both custom text + distance/timer).
    • Real-time Update Optimisation to Improve Performance Across the Entire Asset.
    • Mini-map/Radar Display for Locations which can be Setup in Only One-Click!
    • Additional Sample Location Icons including Photoshop Files Providing 45+ in Total.
    • A variety of Pre-Made Location Prefabs with Customised Options.

Version 1.1 includes:

• Enabled Unity 4.3 Support.
    • Added Mini-Compass Display Style, A small Circular Display in the Bottom Left Hand Corner of the Screen.
    • Added Distance Measurement Between the Camera and the Location and Allows it to be Displayed on Screen.
    • Added Timer Functionality Which Counts Down from a Set Value, Displays it on Screen and then Disables the Location Once the Time Expires.
    • Added Toggling for On/Off Screen Displays to Allow Either On, Off or Both Indicators to be Displayed for Each Location.

Initial Release Included Features:

· Accurately Displays Both On Screen and Off Screen Locations.
    · Fully Supports Split-Screen Game Displays.
    · Compatible with 2D and 3D game worlds.
    · Fully Customisable Display Including: Icon, Font, Colour, Animation, Display Style and Fading.
    · High Quality and Fully Commented C# Code.
    · Includes 25 Marker Icons, perfect for use in FPS, RTS, RPG or TD games!
    · Includes 4 helpful Demo Scenes to get you started (2D, 3D, Split-Screen, Interactive).
    · Complete Help Documentation and Setup Video.

Setup Video

3D Demonstration of the Asset being used within the Unity Stealth game demo.

If you like this asset then have your say, what should be added to this Toolkit?

Suggested Update Features for V1.3:
    -

For more products by Hyper Luminal Games check out our website HERE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @HyperLuminal UK

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  2. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

Version 1.0 has been submitted and is now awaiting approval!

3. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

Any questions about the Kit just ask them here.

4. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

5. BTStone

BTStone

Oh, this is really neat. Might come in handy.

Two questions:

1) Does this work with Unity 4.3.X
    2) What's the price point?

6. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

1) Sadly this will require Unity 4.5 for the first release. Once launched we will have more time to test older versions correctly. I can't however see any potential issues using it in 4.3 and we will support it in the future.

2) The current launch price point is $20.

Any more questions just post them, and any suggestions for new features would be amazing!

7. BTStone

BTStone

20 $ seems fair. On my shopping list! :)

Hyper-Luminal-Games likes this.
  8. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

Location Tracking UI Toolkit is now live on the asset store for only $20! http://u3d.as/b4i

9. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

If you like this asset then have your say, what should be added to this Toolkit?

Suggested Update Features all confirmed for the assets next release!

- Unity 4.3 Support. (Confirmed for next Release).
    - Toggle to Hide On or Off Screen Displays. (Confirmed for next Release).
    - Distance Measurement Display from Camera to Location (Confirmed for next Release).

10. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

Location Tracking UI Toolkit will be used in Hyper Luminal Games brand new IP "Hoverball!" You can check it out over on the Work In Progress Forum section: HERE

11. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

A new suggested feature from one of our :

Timed Waypoints - Locations should be tracked for a specified amount of time and then hidden (i.e. you have 30 seconds to get to the defense point before it is lost). A visual count down timer would also be a great addition.

Great suggestion! We will be adding it into the next build :)

The next version will be coming soon. If you have anymore suggestions please post them here or message us on Twitter @HyperLuminalUK

12. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

Version 1.1 has been Submitted!

The new version includes:

Enabled Unity 4.3 Support.
    Added Mini-Compass Display Style, A small Circular Display in the Bottom Left Hand Corner of the Screen.
    Added Distance Measurement Between the Camera and the Location and Allows it to be Displayed on Screen.
    Added Timer Functionality Which Counts Down from a Set Value, Displays it on Screen and then Disables the Location Once the Time Expires.
    Added Toggling for On/Off Screen Displays to Allow Either On, Off or Both Indicators to be Displayed for Each Location.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far and keep on suggesting new features for version 1.2!

Post here or tweet us @HyperLuminalUK

13. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

Version 1.1 should be accepted within the next few days! But already work has began on version 1.2.

There will be a whole host of performance improvements and toggle options added to the toolkit to allow fine-tuning of resources to match your games requirements.

14. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

Version 1.1 is now live on the Asset Store!

Enabled Unity 4.3 Support.
    Added Mini-Compass Display Style, A small Circular Display in the Bottom Left Hand Corner of the Screen.
    Added Distance Measurement Between the Camera and the Location and Allows it to be Displayed on Screen.
    Added Timer Functionality Which Counts Down from a Set Value, Displays it on Screen and then Disables the Location Once the Time Expires.
    Added Toggling for On/Off Screen Displays to Allow Either On, Off or Both Indicators to be Displayed for Each Location.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far and keep on suggesting new features for version 1.2!

15. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

With Version 1.1 now on sale we have moved our development on to version 1.2.

So far we have confirmed a variety of features for version 1.2.

Suggested Update Features:
    - Multiple Text Display Options (Confirmed For V1.2)
    - Real-time Update Optimisation to Improve Performance (Confirmed For V1.2)
    - Mini-map/Radar Display for Locations. (Confirmed For V1.2)
    - Additional Sample Location Icons including (Photoshop Files) (Confirmed For V1.2)
    - A variety of Pre-Made Prefabs with customised options. (Confirmed For V1.2)

If you have any additional requests or suggestions please don't hesitate to post them here!

16. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

Version 1.2 has now been submitted to the asset store!

It Will Feature:

- Multiple Text Display Options for Each Location (To enable the display of both custom text + distance/timer).
    - Real-time Update Optimisation to Improve Performance Across the Entire Asset.
    - Mini-map/Radar Display for Locations which can be Setup in Only One-Click!
    - Additional Sample Location Icons including Photoshop Files Providing 45+ in Total.
    - A variety of Pre-Made Location Prefabs with Customised Options.

We are still taking requests so please follow us on twitter @HyperLuminalUK and let us know what you need for your game!

17. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

With Version 1.2 now submitted we are looking at requests for version 1.3! Just post them here if you have any suggested features.

18. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

Version 1.2 is now live on the Asset Store!

- Multiple Text Display Options for Each Location (To enable the display of both custom text + distance/timer).
    - Real-time Update Optimisation to Improve Performance Across the Entire Asset.
    - Mini-map/Radar Display for Locations which can be Setup in Only One-Click!
    - Additional Sample Location Icons including Photoshop Files Providing 45+ in Total.
    - A variety of Pre-Made Location Prefabs with Customised Options.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far and keep on suggesting new features for version 1.3!

19. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

Thank you to all our customers for all your support! If you have purchased our Location Tracking UI Toolkit please leave us a review on the asset store! It helps us so much and provides the encouragement we need to keep on improving the asset!

20. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

So far there have been no new features suggested for version 1.3. It will however feature a few more improvements that have been implemented through providing support to our customers.

Please get in contact if you have any issues/feedback: info@hyperluminalgames.com

21. yung

yung

Would this be suitable for an FPS game? I was thinking of using it specifically for grenades warning

22. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hi Yung,

Yes this would be perfectly suited for grenade warnings. Super simple to setup just follow the step by step guide and attach the location script to your grenade prefab/object. You can customise the warning with pulsing so it pulses faster right before it explodes or fading over distance so the warnings smoothly disappear once you are out of range of the explosion.

Please let me know if you need any support during development on our new support email: info@hyperluminalgames.com

23. yung

yung

Thanks! Looks like I will be picking this up in the near future!

Hyper-Luminal-Games likes this.
  24. BusyRobot

BusyRobot

How well does your plugin work for 2D side scrolling games? I'm using the SpriteTile plugin to make my levels, does your plug in work with that? do you have any more info and screen shots of using it with 2D side scrolling games?

25. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

We do not currently have a side scroller demo for the asset but the operation is exactly the same as any 2D game. I can say it is fully supported for all 2D games, it will work with any other plugins as it does not require anything additional to function it is completely stand alone and we can provide you with complete assistance during implementation. If you run into any problems or need additional features, just drop us a support email: info@hyperluminalgames.com

26. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

We are so happy that the Location Tracking Toolkit is being used in so many unique ways, from Games to Simulations! Please get in touch and let us know how your using it!

27. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

If you have found this asset to be helpful then please leave us a review. We would love to hear your feedback!

28. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper Luminal Games have launched a brand new website! Check it out to see all of our games and assets in one place: www.hyperluminalgames.com

29. eridani

eridani

What is the difference between the two location tracking toolkits in the asset store?

30. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

• Can you change the size of the icons in game, or make them larger/smaller based on how far away they are?
    • Does this use uGUI?
    • Do you have different options for the Mini Map?
    • Can the mini map be made larger so the player can see a larger version of the map, then reduce the size while playing (i.e. a large map that takes up most of the screenspace)?
    • Does the Mini Map display the scene as well, or just icons?
    • Do you have functionality to allow the player to drop their own waypoints or markers (i.e. they drop a marker at an important place for themselves, choose an icon, select the color, type some info like home base, then they can remove the waypoint when they are done with it)?
    • Is there a demo so I can see this in action?

31. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hi Eridani, There was a slight issue with our assets being displayed twice. This has now been resolved so there is only one version of the tracker in store :)!

32. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hi 99thMonkey,

To answer your questions in order:
    - Yes the can be fully customised.
    - This version of the location tracker is based on the old Unity UI system not the one introduced in Unity 4.6,
    - The minimap is fully customisable so that functionality is possible simple by changing the scale variable.
    - Currently the minimap only shows icons but you can use a 2D top down version of your scene as a background to the minimap if you desire.
    - There is an example packaged with the application to allow waypoints to be spawned at run-time.
    - There is currently no web-player demo of this but there are some videos:

I hope this helps please ask anymore questions you have :)

33. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

Location Tracking UI Toolkit is now fully compatible with Unity 5.1!

34. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

Location Tracker is now 50% off only$10! It makes a great addition to any developer toolkit :)

35. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

Thanks to everyone who has bought our asset we are now featured on the front page of the Unity Store! As well as reaching the top of our category.

36. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

37. angel_m

angel_m

Then, is it now using the new UI system introduced in Unity 4.6 ?

38. arkhament

arkhament

hi @Hyper Luminal Games, this asset work with Indicator + distance in number? I mean like the indicator in the game Super Smash Bros where as the farther you go then increases the numbers.
    Like this trailer of this game

I ask you this because I dont see a demo in webplayer or Video where Indicator + distance in number are implement at the same time.

Another question is if this asset work if the enemies are new in scene.?

Regards

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  39. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hi Angel,

Sadly no the asset is still using the old GUI system but it is fully tested in Unity 5.

Please drop me an email if you have any issues: info@hyperluminalgames.com

40. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hi Arkhament,

Yes displaying both the indicator and distance is supported in the newest version of the toolkit.

For new spawned prefabs you can enable real-time updating for the indicators which will automatically track any new objects spawned into the scene. Or you can disable real-time updating if you know nothing will spawn in to save some performance cost.

Please drop me an email if you have any issues: info@hyperluminalgames.com

41. Hyper-Luminal-Games

Hyper-Luminal-Games

XMAS SALES NOW ON!

75% OFF NOW ONLY $10 !

42. ehdeekay

ehdeekay

Great little asset, couldn't figure out the Screen Space for doing this myself.

Would of loved it with Unity UI, but this works flawlessly so far with uGUI.

My only feedback would be to support Lerp for the Positions. It gives it a little more fluidity rather than setting static positions.

I tried to implement this myself by Lerping:

Code (csharp):
    1. thisTransform.localPosition
    Would be a nice feature just to have by default.

Cheers,
    -ADK

43. ehdeekay

ehdeekay

I found one weird issue so far while using it.

I've had this happen when I copied some items over to my scene from your 3D Demo Scene.

Occasionally everything will stop working. Visually speaking. Nothing will show up on the screen.

Restarted, etc. When I bring your assets back it and run it, it seems to almost refresh everything and when I delete your assets again mine start working.

Not sure what's going on here. It could potentially be that I am tagging my Camera as CameraMain. When I set to default once it started working, then the next time nothing. So really I have no clue :)

44. OdeferJung

OdeferJung

Hey there!
    This is a nice asset, I've been fiddling around with it and so far so good. My only complaint is that I can't customize the font for the text display. Is it possible for you to add this feature? It would be fantastic!

Feel free to virtually slap me across the face if it's already a feature, but if it is, I just cannot seem to find it anywhere on the .pdf/Unity inspector.

Thanks for your time!

~OTR

45. Unititi

Unititi

Can I use VR environment??

46. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Is this forum dead?

47. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

I has questions...

48. erasmosoares

erasmosoares

Hey,

First thank you this amazing asset.

I have a question about the sample icons, is there possible to manage the size the icon appear on screen? seems in some part of the code the size is scaled, but I'm not sure if I can configure to not scale it.