Search Unity

Landscape only?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by DaVeF101, May 9, 2015.

1. DaVeF101

DaVeF101

My game runs in landscape orientation and i've I Unity Ads set to default orientation (landscape), but when the ads are playing the orientation can be changed to portrait.. then when the game restarts it glitches all over the place .. fighting between portrait and landscape!!

Whats going on here? have I missed something (not that I can see...)??

2. Salazar

Salazar

Hello,

If you check this box "Change video orientation according to device (Forced to landscape by default)" your ad will rotate according to device rotation. Uncheck the box and let us know what happens.

Regards,

Not: Could you please share your testing device information and whic unity ads sdk you are using, when asking this type of questions. Sometimes it helps defining the problem fast. (optional)

3. DaVeF101

DaVeF101

I have tried it with the box checked and without, but it makes no difference. The ads start to play in the correct orientation, but flip to portrait with the device (iPad), then when the game reloads it fights to correct the orientation and goes crazy!

Salazar likes this.
  4. DaVeF101

DaVeF101

Testing devices on ipad3 and ipad4.

Latest sdk as of this post

Salazar likes this.
  5. Rasmus Selsmark

Rasmus Selsmark

6. Rasmus Selsmark

Rasmus Selsmark

Btw, which version of Unity are you using?

7. DaVeF101

DaVeF101

5.0.1f1

8. DaVeF101

DaVeF101

I've fixed this..

In "Player Settings", I've changed the Default Orientation to "Auto Rotation" and checked Landscape only.

In "UnityAds" I've checked "Change video orientation according to device (Forced to landscape by default)" in the app settings.

No more crashing and glitches.. :)

Last edited: May 10, 2015
    jannen and Salazar like this.
  9. jannen

jannen

Unity Technologies

It appears that when using iOS SDK 8.3 and Unity 5, there will be issues with games that are locked to one orientation. We have been able to reproduce these problems and we are working on a solution with Unity Ads and Unity iOS teams.

Meanwhile, you can use the workaround suggested by DaVeF101. If you select auto rotation but only check one orientation, you will avoid the problems.

unity-nikkolai and HeikkiTunkelo like this.
  10. Rasmus Selsmark

Rasmus Selsmark

11. jannen

jannen

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately this issue was a difficult one so it took some time to make a fix. This fix is now scheduled for next Unity 5.0.2 patch release. The problem was on the engine side so this fix requires update of Unity editor. Unity 4.x users should not be affected. We expect that Unity 5.0.2p4 will be available for download next week.

unity-nikkolai likes this.
  12. Jimbow-Zheng

Jimbow-Zheng

Hello , I have the same problem

i've done the two step :
    1. change the Default Orientation to "Auto Rotation"
    2. checked "Change video orientation according to device "

After the unity ad video ends , the accelerometer become wired , the direction detection is totally upside down : up become down , down become up .

I wonder if there is a way to disable the auto rotation during unity ads video ? I think it will solve everything .

13. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

14. jannen

jannen

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately the fix missed the first 5.1 release deadlines but it will be fixed in the first 5.1 patch release. 5.0 series has already been fixed in latest 5.0 patch release and 4.x series is not affected.

unity-nikkolai likes this.