Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Improved Terrain Shader

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by dudester, Nov 9, 2015.

1. dudester

dudester

Unity 2015-11-09 23-52-34-51.jpg Unity 2015-11-09 23-52-48-20.jpg Hi all just posting a unity terrain shader with depth blending instead of the old blurry blending this uses a depth mask , which is the alpha of the texture , anyway let me know what you think , heres the shader.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  2. Player7

Player7

Any setup guide on getting this to work?

3. dudester

dudester

nope just set your textures to alpha from grey scale or make sure your textures have an alpha channel and you good to go

4. Player7

Player7

Ah that does work nicely.. however is there a way to have it not override the default shader for terrain like if I have another terrain where I still want to use the blury blended default?

5. dudester

dudester

hi sorry for the late reply i've been busy with my new game , i will make it a separate shader , i've also implemented parallax occlusion mapping into the terrain i might sell it on the asset store still unsure.i'll probably give it away for free.

Soul-Challenger likes this.