Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

IL2CPP_RAISE_MANAGED_EXCEPTION undeclared identifier

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by abryden, Jan 27, 2016.

1. abryden

abryden

When I try to build and run an empty project with 5.3.1p4 I get many instances of the following error:

<my path>/test/Classes/Native/Bulk_Generics_3.cpp:790:3: Use of undeclared identifier 'IL2CPP_RAISE_MANAGED_EXCEPTION'

Does anyone have any thoughts?

2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@abryden

This macro should be in the il2cpp-codegen.h file, which should be in your Unity installation directory. If you don't see the IL2CPP_RAISE_MANAGED_EXCEPTION macro in that file, then I suspect you have a mismatch between the editor version (which is used to generated the C++ code) and the runtime support for the iOS player (where the il2cpp-codegen.h file lives).

3. abryden

abryden

This is correct for anyone running into this problem. What you need to do is reinstall the version of unity you are using and make sure you check the appropriate platform - It will leave the old platform in place and cause errors.