Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't change color on GUI.Window

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Mish, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Mish

Mish

I have come accross a very strange issue. I am making a lot of windows in order to connect them as nodes.

Code (CSharp):
    1. GUI.Window(i, windowRect, DrawWindow, title)
    Some of these windows had assigned difference colors through GUI.Color. Everything was working fine until some day ALL the windows were gray (uncolored).

I am not sure what caused this since everything else including labels in the windows are getting the correct color. Everything except the window itself.

Even setting GUI.Color right before the window is drawn doesnt help.

Code (CSharp):
    1. GUI.Color = Color.red;
    2. GUI.Window(i, windowRect, DrawWindow, title);
    What else could affect the color of only the windows? (I am using Unity 5.3.1 p1)

2. eline_nerrad

eline_nerrad

I'm also having this problem. The upgrade to 5.3.1 seems to have broke colors with GUI.Window. Has anyone heard anything about a potential fix for this?

3. zoran404

zoran404

Have you considered to switch to the magical land of UnityEgine.UI namespace?

4. eline_nerrad

eline_nerrad

This is for a node based tool in an EditorWindow... not sure the new UI tools would help. Plus, it's a tool that we've been using for a few years, which just magically stopped working in the new release. Would rather not re-code the entire thing :)

5. zoran404

zoran404

Oh sorry, didn't realize that, just saw GUI.something haha

I didn't saw that they changed anything about that in this build, so it might be a bug.
    Are you using the latest patch?
    Consider submitting a bug report if nothing can fix it.

6. Mish

Mish

Since im not the only one with this strange issue, I have submitted it as a bug :)

7. eline_nerrad

eline_nerrad

I had filed a bug last night, so now I guess there's at least 2 of them :)

I did come up with a workaround that wasn't too painful though. I just took a white texture, stretched it to be as large as the window, and then changed the GUI.color before drawing it. That seems to work. The only difference is the title bar and text at the top of the window will still be grey, but I can live with it.

8. pahe

pahe

Nice. Found this while wondering why my editor windows aren't changing colors anymore. Seems like 5.3 broke just one more thing.

9. MattSawrey

MattSawrey

Anyone know if there has been any progress on this issue? I'm putting together a custom node editor and I've just come across it.