Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

[AUDIO - MUSIC] Endless Battle March – Random and interactive music asset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Marma, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Marma

Marma

Hi Everyone!

In an effort to push ever further the boundaries of randomness and interactivity for background music, I’ve composed and scripted this unique asset for Unity! As of now, it is the only Asset of its kind!

The music in itself is perfect to illustrate a marching army going to battle in a “Fantasy” world.

Check out the demo here:

*NEW* the updated version now features an instant "in game" drag and drop Prefab integration and a tempo/pitch shift to allow for even more variety!

You can test it online with the Unity Web Player by clicking HERE!!!

Both packages are currently under review and will be available soon.

Download the free version which gives you an idea of the potential of this asset:

http://u3d.as/mhu

Or buy the PRO version here for just 20$!!!

http://u3d.as/mgR

I hope you’ll enjoy this asset!

A lot of effort has been put into it!

Sincerely,

Marma

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  2. GCatz

GCatz

Page not found ?

3. Marma

Marma

Yes, I've just submitted it for review! It will be up sometime next week.. :)
    I needed to create the thread to include it in the description of the asset.. ;-)

4. Marma

Marma

5. Marma

Marma

An update is on it's way!!!

6. Marma

Marma

And another one:

:cool:

7. Marma

Marma

The "free" version is also getting an update! :)

hopeful likes this.
  8. Marma

Marma

The "PRO" version is now updated with the instant "in game" integration Prefab! ;)

9. wpetillo

wpetillo

I have the PRO version of this asset and am experiencing an issue where the song does not cut out when I tell it to reset, but rather plays the remainder of the musical bar before fading out. This is a problem for me because I am using the asset in the context of a single-scene game with short levels (activating/deactivating objects as needed) where a victory/defeat jingle (I am using separate sound assets for these) is played when the player wins or loses a level and if the battle music does not cut out right away it overlaps with the jingle. Playing out the bar seems like an intentional feature because I did not have this issue when I was using the free version--and I can imagine how it would be desirable in other contexts. How do I turn this feature off or otherwise make the battle music begin fading out *immediately* (regardless of what part of the song is playing) when I set reset = true?

10. Marma

Marma

Hi Wpetillo!
    Thank you for your purchase!
    Indeed, it's an intentional feature.
    What I would recommend, is to simply add a fade out piece of code that fades out/in the "Master" or the "Music" mixer as soon as you hit Reset. I can have a look at the code if you like, but it's fairly simple to implement. Just make sure to reset the volume once you want the music to start again.
    It was designed intentionally like this to ensure more "realism" (as if a real orchestra was playing), but I understand your use case..
    Let me know if it works out and if you need any help!
    Sincerely,
    Marma

wpetillo likes this.
  11. wpetillo

wpetillo

Thanks!

Knowing that and realizing I had already written a volume-setting function (wanted more control of the relative volume of soft vs medium vs forte), it ended up only taking one line to modify into the way I wanted.

Marma likes this.
  12. Marma

Marma

Awesome! Great that it worked out!
    Just a quick point: don't forget that the music is still playing in the background until the end of the sample, so if you fade the volume back in too fast, you'll risk hearing the end of the sample playing. ;)

wpetillo likes this.