Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

application error occurred on the matchmaker server

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by crazybeek, Apr 22, 2016.

1. crazybeek

crazybeek

Hello,

Since today I'm facing a strange error while connecting to the matchmaker.
    Anything wrong with the server?

First I get this log:
    Request error: 500 Internal Server Error
    UnityEngine.Networking.Match.<ProcessMatchResponse>c__Iterator0`1:MoveNext()

afterwards this one:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Raw response: <!DOCTYPE html>
    2. <html>
    3.     <head>
    4.         <title>Runtime Error</title>
    5.         <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" />
    6.         <style>
    7.          body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;}
    8.          p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px}
    9.          b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px}
    10.          H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red }
    11.          H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon }
    12.          pre {font-family:"Consolas","Lucida Console",Monospace;font-size:11pt;margin:0;padding:0.5em;line-height:14pt}
    13.          .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;}
    14.          .version {color: gray;}
    15.          .error {margin-bottom: 10px;}
    16.          .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }
    17.          @media screen and (max-width: 639px) {
    18.           pre { width: 440px; overflow: auto; white-space: pre-wrap; word-wrap: break-word; }
    19.          }
    20.          @media screen and (max-width: 479px) {
    21.           pre { width: 280px; }
    22.          }
    23.         </style>
    24.     </head>
    26.     <body bgcolor="white">
    28.             <span><H1>Server Error in '/' Application.<hr width=100% size=1 color=silver></H1>
    30.             <h2> <i>Runtime Error</i> </h2></span>
    32.             <font face="Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif ">
    34.             <b> Description: </b>An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.
    35.             <br><br>
    37.             <b>Details:</b> To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a &lt;customErrors&gt; tag within a &quot;web.config&quot; configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This &lt;customErrors&gt; tag should then have its &quot;mode&quot; attribute set to &quot;Off&quot;.<br><br>
    39.             <table width=100% bgcolor="#ffffcc">
    40.                <tr>
    41.                   <td>
    42.                       <code><pre>
    44. &lt;!-- Web.Config Configuration File --&gt;
    46. &lt;configuration&gt;
    47.     &lt;system.web&gt;
    48.         &lt;customErrors mode=&quot;Off&quot;/&gt;
    49.     &lt;/system.web&gt;
    50. &lt;/configuration&gt;</pre></code>
    52.                   </td>
    53.                </tr>
    54.             </table>
    56.             <br>
    58.             <b>Notes:</b> The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the &quot;defaultRedirect&quot; attribute of the application&#39;s &lt;customErrors&gt; configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.<br><br>
    60.             <table width=100% bgcolor="#ffffcc">
    61.                <tr>
    62.                   <td>
    63.                       <code><pre>
    65. &lt;!-- Web.Config Configuration File --&gt;
    67. &lt;configuration&gt;
    68.     &lt;system.web&gt;
    69.         &lt;customErrors mode=&quot;RemoteOnly&quot; defaultRedirect=&quot;mycustompage.htm&quot;/&gt;
    70.     &lt;/system.web&gt;
    71. &lt;/configuration&gt;</pre></code>
    73.                   </td>
    74.                </tr>
    75.             </table>
    77.             <br>
    79.     </body>
    80. </html>
    82. UnityEngine.Networking.Match.<ProcessMatchResponse>c__Iterator0`1:MoveNext()
    While I'm trying to create a Match:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Create Failed:[[UnityEngine.Networking.Match.CreateMatchResponse]-success:False-extendedInfo:]-address:,port:0,networkId:0x0000000000000000,nodeId:0x0000,usingRelay:False
    2. UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkManager:OnMatchCreate(CreateMatchResponse)
    3. LobbyManagerGGC:OnMatchCreate(CreateMatchResponse) (at Assets/Code/Network/LobbyManagerGGC.cs:435)
    4. UnityEngine.Networking.Match.<ProcessMatchResponse>c__Iterator0`1:MoveNext()

2. Dev_Root

Dev_Root

Heey I know this is a four years old thread, But I'm getting the exact same error message. The build was working fine yesterday. The error message suggests the error could occur on the server. Any insight?

EDIT: My bad, I it was posted an hour ago. And indeed seems resolved.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  3. crazybeek

crazybeek

I posted this 1 hour ago.. and I assume there is just something wrong with the servers.

4. larus

larus

Unity Technologies

This issue should be fixed now, could you try again? Seems 2 of the matchmaker servers in the pool of servers broke, so talking to the service sometimes worked and sometimes not, and only in the EU region.

5. crazybeek

crazybeek

Great it works again