Unity Community

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

1. Posts
    Is there any way to try this out without buying it? Or at least is there some kind of guarantee incase we don't like it?

2. Location
    Zürich, Switzerland
    "don't like" does not qualify for refunds in any reasonable place on earth (all but the USA )

But you are lucky there is still the public beta on the uscript.net boards when you login with an acc

3. Location
    USA
    Dreamora is correct. You can register on our uScript Community Forum and use the download link once logged in there to download the latest free beta.
    Detox Studios LLC

Makers of the uScript Visual Scripting Tool
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or watch videos on YouTube or Screencast.

4. Posts
    Sorry if this ha already been asked but can ai be driven intuitively using uScript? Ive been using behave but there are issues ATM (with decorators), is uScript capable of behaviour tree or FSm type logic?

Thanks
    Bovine

5. Posts
    Hi
    Is possible create a Player controller (walk, idle, jump,crouch,fire..), animation controller , camara controller...?
    Is there any demo of it?
    Thanks in advance

6. Location
    USA
    Thanks for the questions. You should head on over to the uScript Community Forum so the whole dev team can see your questions and answer them.

DiegoC- you can download the free beta on the uScript forum (you need to register/login to see the download link.

http://uscript.net/forum
    Detox Studios LLC

my first contact with uScript, just downloaded the Beta. and I'm following their intro video tutorial ( Introducing the uScript Visual Scripting Tool) and they're like... go to Global Events > On Game Start. I look for it, it doesn't exist (in the beta). then they're like... go to Input Events > On Key Press. OK, so I go... it doesn't exist either. And it keeps going like that... again and again, nodes that don't exist in the beta download.

kind of weird, to have an Intro-to-my-software that uses features that don't exist in the software. I'm sure they exist in their version, obviously, just not in.. the version I just downloaded from their website :/

I'm curious though, can I use this beta in a non-commercial game? I don't see a watermark, but.. is there a time limit or something that will show up later?

8. Location
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by v_m View Post
    my first contact with uScript, just downloaded the Beta. and I'm following their intro video tutorial ( Introducing the uScript Visual Scripting Tool) and they're like... go to Global Events > On Game Start. I look for it, it doesn't exist (in the beta). then they're like... go to Input Events > On Key Press. OK, so I go... it doesn't exist either. And it keeps going like that... again and again, nodes that don't exist in the beta download.

kind of weird, to have an Intro-to-my-software that uses features that don't exist in the software. I'm sure they exist in their version, obviously, just not in.. the version I just downloaded from their website :/

I'm curious though, can I use this beta in a non-commercial game? I don't see a watermark, but.. is there a time limit or something that will show up later?
    Helo V_M. The videos you are looking at were from our pre-alpha introduction almost a year ago. Things have improved and changed a lot since those early videos (including node names). Because uScript is still in beta things are still evolving. Please see our documentation website for the latest documentation and video links (http://uscript.net/docs). You can also post questions on the uScript Community Website (http://uscript.net/forum) and the whole dev team will be able to help you get started.

To answer your question regarding product creation. Currently everyone has access to the retail version while in beta. An actual license is required for using it for commercial work. The beta builds do have a time limit (mostly to encourage people to keep upgrading to new builds as we make improvements. Soon we will be releasing a Personal Learning Edition (PLE) at no charge for people to try uScript and learn with it. This version will contain an on-screen water mark.
    Last edited by uScript; 10-03-2011 at 05:19 PM.
    Detox Studios LLC

thanks for replying, very kind of you
    uScript does look impressive and I'm probably going to buy it.
    one more question: if I use the PLE, and at a later time decide to purchase a licence, can I get rid of the watermark in projects that I programmed with PLE?

10. Location
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by v_m View Post
    thanks for replying, very kind of you
    uScript does look impressive and I'm probably going to buy it.
    one more question: if I use the PLE, and at a later time decide to purchase a licence, can I get rid of the watermark in projects that I programmed with PLE?
    Yes, by replacing the PLE version of uScript with the retail version at any time you will be upgraded and the watermark will be gone.

Also, because I might have not been clear above, besides the on screen watermark in the PLE version, the two versions are identical. This means the PLE version has all the same functionality as the retail version.
    Detox Studios LLC

11. Location
    USA
    For those who have been asking, you can now purchase uScript outside of the Unity Asset Store if you wish. We are offering the same beta discount and you can use Paypal. Here is the link:

http://www.detoxstudios.com/products/uscript/purchase/
    Detox Studios LLC

12. Location
    USA

New Build Available!

Retail Beta 5 of uScript is now available! For details, see this post.

We have also updated all our example projects and added a new one called Advanced UI.

Reminder: uScript is now available for purchase for $95 USD (50% off its final price), so now is the perfect time to purchase it! This offer will be ending soon.
    Detox Studios LLC

13. Location
    Portland
    I love this tool, I just purchased the beta a few nights ago and I am amazed how much faster I'm picking this thing up.
    With that said however, I still have not been able to find out to apply a vector3 to a game object like my character.

There seems to be all the events and actions I would need to build out animations on inputs, but nothing (from what I can grasp) on how to actually move objects upon input with Vectors.

Any suggestions?

14. Location
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by devinrayolsen View Post
    I love this tool, I just purchased the beta a few nights ago and I am amazed how much faster I'm picking this thing up.
    With that said however, I still have not been able to find out to apply a vector3 to a game object like my character.

There seems to be all the events and actions I would need to build out animations on inputs, but nothing (from what I can grasp) on how to actually move objects upon input with Vectors.

Any suggestions?
    For reference to anyone in the future, we are discussing this question on the uScript forums here.
    Detox Studios LLC

15. Posts
    Hi, i'm new in this. So, i have a few questions. It's working with ios and android devices? And there is no problem with others plugins like the prime31 or other in the asset store?

Thanks!

16. Location
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by gabidof View Post
    Hi, i'm new in this. So, i have a few questions. It's working with ios and android devices? And there is no problem with others plugins like the prime31 or other in the asset store?

Thanks!
    Yes, uScript works just fine with all supported Unity platforms. Also, we have had no reports of any issues working along side any other Unity plugin/tool.
    Detox Studios LLC

17. Posts
    Can uScript be used as a standalone Unity C# code generator ?

For instance, if I needed to code something, such as pulsing a light on add off for a cetain time, could uScript generate the code ? Could I retrieve this code and give it to someone else who didn't have uScript installed (but wanted to impliment the code)

If the answer is yes, is the code 'clean' and efficient.

I hope this question makes sence.
    Last edited by shader; 10-29-2011 at 12:33 AM.

18. Posts
    Hi,
    I would like to know, if UScript is flexible enough for my project. Could you please clarify some points?
    1. First of all, does UScript keep variables between scenes? I know that every scene have it's own UScript master object (or whatever you call it), does this object keep only current scene variables, or is it possible to have global variables, such as health, xp, max mana etc.?
    2. Is it possible to use UScript with C# script without any limitations? Namely: set/get script variables, call functions etc? Is it possible to use UScript, for example, with third party camera script?
    3. Does UScript any save/load functionality? For example, is it possible to serialize/deserialize object properties or attached script variables? Most important, is there any way to store properties of objects, that are not presented on the current scene (for example attitude of some NPC towards PC, that is on different map, or content of some container on different map etc.)?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Fufurata1234; 10-30-2011 at 05:11 AM.

19. Location
    Singapore
    Guess you could ask in the uscript forum. Not sure about some of those.
    I don't break rules. I bend them.

20. Posts
    I downloaded the free beta 5 back in july after signing up on the detox forum. But I never used it. I just let it sit on my HD For 4 months. Last month I finally decided to try it out on a project that I am just testing. I got a console dialog that said the beta expired. So I delected the two folders Uscript and gizmo from the project folder using the unity interface. I think went back to the detox site and downloaded beta 6. Now before I let it expire again or do something else wrongly can somone tell me what the beta usage period is?

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast