Update - The beta sale of 50% off will be ending soon! Now is the best time to buy uScript Professional before the beta period ends and the price increases!
We would like to announce our upcoming visual programming tool for Unity 3. It is called the uScript Visual Scripting Tool and was developed by us at Detox Studios. We are a group of game industry veterans who have really taken to Unity and ended up creating something very cool and powerful.
uScript has been under development for the past 8 months, but we are now at a point that we can share it with you all. We hope to have a free open beta in the near future for you all to use and provide us feedback.
uScript's main goal is in being easy to use and understand at a glance so that you can focus on making great games. It has been designed from the ground up to feel very similar to Kismet for Unreal (UDK), but goes far beyond what Kismet can do. For more information on uScript, please watch our introduction video on YouTube and visit our website.
The uScript Visual Scripting Tool allows non-technical developers to dive right into scripting complicated setups without needing to write a single line of code. uScript can be used for anything from rapid prototyping gameplay ideas to final complicated setups ready to ship in your final product.
Here is a list of highlights for just some of the many features and benefits uScript provides:
- Simple to Setup – Just install the uScript Unity Package into your project, launch the uScript editor, and start creating!
- Be Creative – Focus on being creative. Empower yourself or entire teams of designers and artists to experiment and directly bring their visions to life!
- User Friendly – Easy to read visual scripting makes reading your visual script logic simple for everyone. Plenty of help through documentation, video tutorials, examples, full undo support, node search and filtering, support forums and more to help you on your way!
- Integrated - Integrates with your current Unity projects and C# scripts easily through reflection! Will work on all supported Unity platforms. Same great tool for both Unity Indie & Unity Pro.
- Powerful – Harness the full power of Unity and C# programming without ever having to look at, or understand, a single line of programming code!
- Extensible – Create your own nodes to expand uScript in anyway you can imagine!
- Community – Take part in a community of uScript users and share the benefits of sharing uScript files, download new nodes (or share your own), change the look through custom skins, extended documentation, tutorials, and more!
- Secret Stuff – This is just a glimpse at some of the things the uScript Visual Scripting Tool can do. Many more features will be revealed soon...
Please watch this forum thread for updated information and also feel free to ask any questions you may have about uScript. You can also follow us on Twitter or join our Facebook page to stay up to date on uScript news as it unfolds.
-- Your friends at Detox Studios
Follow these links for updated information posted in this forum thread:
04-07-2011 - We asked the community here what your wish list would be for uScript support of other Unity tools and scripts.
04-08-2011 - We answered some initial uScript questions.
04-10-2011 - We put up part 1 of a new uScript video showing it in action.
04-12-2011 - Added videos to screencast for thos who do not have YouTube access: uScript Screencast Link
04-13-2011 - Added a post in answer to a question that shows a glimpse of using SubSequences (nested uScripts) and also working with playMaker.
04-14-2011 - More community questions answered.
04-17-2011 - We just released part 2 of the uScript Fast Gameplay Setup video!
04-18-2011 - We just announced a new uScript feature - C# output!
04-19-2011 - We just posted an image to show how uScript can visualize a Unity script in your scene so you can use it in uScript.
04-24-2011 - We just put up the first video in a new uScript series called Feature Quick Look. This video shows a sneak peak at creating a custom node visually from within uScript. Go check it out!
04-28-2011 - Detox Studios is looking for a few good beta testers to help us finish up the closed beta phase on uScript. Click here to learn more!
05-07-2011 - We just put up the second video in the Feature Quick Look series for uScript! This one shows how Named Variables work.
06-18-2011 - The free open beta for uScript will start on July 1st!
06-28-2011 - We have opened the uScript Community Website forums (uScript.net)! Click here to learn more.
07-01-2011 - As promised, we have release the free open beta for uScript! Click here to learn more.
07-09-2011 - uScript Beta 4 has been released. Click here to learn more.
07-17-2011 - Detox Studios announces uScript pricing.
07-18-2011 - uScript Beta 6 has been released. Click here to learn more.
08-19-2011 - uScript Beta 10 has been released. Click here for details on the build and where to download it.
01-11-2012 - uScript Retail Beta 12 has been released. Now with visual debugging! Click here for details on the build and where to download it.