Search Unity

Unity Visual Showcase!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tylernocks, Aug 4, 2013.

1. tylernocks

tylernocks

In correlation with my latest thread " Unity Cannot Produce Good Graphics....I Think Not" , I thought of the idea of making a separate forum in which users just post more things which show the graphical capabilities of unity. The purpose of this thread is two things

1) Advertise Unity, if a person thinks unity's cant produce good graphics, this will show them it can.
    2) Inspire, Seeing Others Make Gorgeous Things, proves that its possible and you don't have be a triple A team of 158 people to do it.

[Note: The Goal Of This Thread Is Not The Same As "The most awesome Unity titles you've seen", where that shows some really cool games, this is solely based on how pretty/gritty/artistic/mind-inplodingly awesome something is, it's a graphical showcase of anything rendered in unity game engine, 2D graphics or 3D graphics]

[Note 2: Please Refrain(you still cant but try not to) From Posting YOUR OWN pieces to prevent self-advertisement ]

[Note 3: this is the same http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/486-Cool-images-for-the-Unity3d-com-gallery except this is only for the more higher end of unity graphics]

Sample:

Voxel Cone Traced Lighting in Unity - Kurt Loeffler

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

3. tylernocks

tylernocks

GAH!!! different goal my friend.

my thread is a elitist :b, this is specifically addressing the some of the BEST not just some of the cool.

4. foxter888

foxter888

5. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

I don't like the idea of this, its not really showing what Unity is capable of more just what some devas are. And that should not be surprising.

A better thing I think would be only have assets that are available to the public.

6. tylernocks

tylernocks

well, you'd be surprised how many people don't think unity can make good graphics. I would also like the idea of assets available to the public, but decided to to limit it to just that.

7. nipoco

nipoco

What does it matter what other people think? Make your games with Unity, earn some money and be happy :)

8. tylernocks

tylernocks

While I do agree with you, I also want to show some of the awesomeness of unity, I am kinda tired of always seeing udk when I search high quality game art, when I know unity can do as well. I just want this thread to just show some of what unity can do, that's all.

9. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

This is not a demonstration of Unity though, those demonstrations mostly are a demonstration of UDK or Cryengine. (IE they are actually possible in UDK and CE without making it yourself)

10. tylernocks

tylernocks

What I gave was not necessary a demonstration but moreless, "something made in unity which looks extremely high quality". I think this is what the error in communication was, I am not looking for demonstrations in specific, I'm looking for "something made in unity which looks extremely high quality". Sorry For The Miscommunication.

11. Jingle-Fett

Jingle-Fett

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  12. tylernocks

tylernocks

Thank You and It looks very nice!!!

13. Noisecrime

Noisecrime

Someone in another thread posted a link to a youTube commentator/reviewer of Indie games (released, or in beta) RockLeeSmile

I quite like his approach, mixing reviewing with commenting on design, aesthetics, graphics and technical aspects ( though I get the impression he is not a developer, so his technical knowledge is a bit lacking).

Anyway he seems to cover quite a few Unity games and there is one today that I thought was really nice.

Its called 'The Light' and would appear to have been made by a Russian Developer and the overall environmental and aesthetic style is really good. The actual assets aren't quite triple A status, but still pretty good. I think it just shows how attention to detail can help to improve the appearance.

14. chrisall76

chrisall76

Here's a game that' been in development for a while, looks amazing, since it's pre-alpha the textures are not the best though.

15. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Here's a project I've been working on for a long time, I'd say the visuals show off the capabilities of Unity.

$3VxS3.png

16. chrisall76

chrisall76

That looks next-gen

17. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

*throws money at screen*

18. tylernocks

tylernocks

Tutorial Please!!!!

19. Ben-Massey

Ben-Massey