Unity Community

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

1. Posts

Shuriken Magic [EFFECT PACK]

Hello all,
    I am Kalamona, creator of the successful "Dynamic Elements" effect pack. I decided to make a new pack, that uses the Shuriken particle system.

This effect pack contains 40 effects, using custom scripting, models, and of course Shuriken. Missile and breath attacks also present. You can try the
    WEBPLAYER DEMO
    for observing all the effects, dynamics, etc.

If you want to try before you buy, there is a free unitypackage:
    3 DEMO EFFECTS

Want to buy? Here is the
    ASSETSTORE LINK - 35$

I plan to update the product with optimisations and more effects, until it reaches about 40-50 effects, and increase the price accordingly, just as I did with Dynamic elements.

Well, what else can I say? Feel free to ask questions, share your opinions, and tell me if you have an effect idea

cheers
    Kalamona

2. Location
    saudia arabia
    the best ive seen so far

Kalamona is back... Nice works..

4. Location
    Boise, ID
    I really like these Kalamona, great work as always. In regards to ideas, I'd like to see more projectiles with their splash/impact effects.

Ideas:

1) Acid Bolt/Acid Splash
    2) Ice Bolt/Ice Splash
    3) Raining Ice Shards
    4) Flaming Skull Projectile/Fiery Bone Splash
    5) Plasma Bolt/Plasma Splash
    6) Psionic Beam/ Psionic Splash
    7) Psionic Bolt/ Psionic Splash
    Blue or Purple Fireball (Ryu Streetfighter Style)/Fire Splash

Just a few ideas, that come to mind immediately. I'll be purchasing this and your other pack shortly. My company's looking to shave some development time off our project, so we've been purchasing a lot of 3D content, and I just added your effects pack to the top of the list!
    Aaron Victoria
    [Lead Designer]
    Contact

Legends of Etherell
    Action - RPG - Adventure

5. Location
    US
    Awesome! Love your effect packs, they're totally cool

6. Location
    Toronto, ON
    Looks amazing ... will buy as soon as I get home.

In terms of effects, I'd love to see the following:

1 - A shower of arrows coming from all directions all shooting towards the same point.
    2 - A hand coming up from the ground and clenching as if wrapping around something and crushing it.
    3 - Armour bonus effects ... perhaps magical armour or a shield appearing at a point along with some kind of holy light shining down on it.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

7. Posts
    I uploaded a new webplayer version. There are some new effects, and a few optimalisations. Once the Asset Store accepts my submission, it will be live.

EDIT: Wow, the asset store was blazing fast! It is already live O.O

8. Location
    Mars (yep there's life, and Unity, on Mars)

9. Location
    Toronto, ON
    I started to play around with it and it is excellent. I love the shower of arrows ... exactly what I needed.

In terms of other ideas for updates, a meteor strike with a nice impact effect would be great. Another thing that would be useful would be something to represent a creature biting a target. Something like a creatures face coming from the ground and biting what ever is above it.

10. Posts

New effects

9 new effects, including ice missile + ice explosion, black hole (I really like this one ), defensive and offensive buffs, bite, claw.

If you play the webplayer, press the down button to see the new effects first.

These effects aren't yet in the asset store, but I already submitted them.

11. Location
    Toronto, ON
    Spectacular ... absolutely amazing.

A couple of new ideas:

1 - Chains coming out of the ground and wrapping around something to represent someone being held by magical chains.
    2 - A giant fist crashing down from the ground with a big explosion. Kind of the fist of a god smashing something.
    3 - Something to show terror or fear. Perhaps the face of a screaming woman appearing from the sky and hovering over the point of contact for a few seconds before disappearing.

12. Posts
    Haha, thanks for all the ideas, I had a chain-like one in my mind too, but I won't do effects now for a little while, as I have some other works. I will definitely update the product with more effects once I have time.

13. Location
    Toronto, ON
    Not a problem ... it's already worth more than I paid.

14. Location
    Seattle
    There is a bug in one of your shaders - SM_TransRimShaderIrisator.js

On line 43, you need to add "var" before "currStr=timeGoes;"

15. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pneill View Post
    There is a bug in one of your shaders - SM_TransRimShaderIrisator.js

On line 43, you need to add "var" before "currStr=timeGoes;"
    Thank you for spotting that! Though it didn't made any errors at me, it is still more exact that way. I will fix it in the new release. Just finished my critter pack, so I am ready for another bunch of effects.

16. Location
    Boise, ID
    Just purchased it and loving it! I look forward to future updates; more projectiles please haha. I'd also like to ask if there is an immediate feature that can be manipulated via code for effects such as the ice block, to hold the animation at it's peak while keeping an objects held in the ice block. If not, looks like we'll be coding it ourselves.
    Aaron Victoria
    [Lead Designer]
    Contact

Legends of Etherell
    Action - RPG - Adventure

17. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronVictoria View Post
    Just purchased it and loving it! I look forward to future updates; more projectiles please haha. I'd also like to ask if there is an immediate feature that can be manipulated via code for effects such as the ice block, to hold the animation at it's peak while keeping an objects held in the ice block. If not, looks like we'll be coding it ourselves.
    Hello,
    Thanks for purchasing.
    Sadly no instant solution, but that ice block has 3 animations, "appear", "stay", "disappear". Plus one anim, "ALLANIMS", which it currently uses. If you want to control how long it should stay, you can try using these.
    If you want it to stay for longer, you might also want to increase the duration of the particle systems on the effect (topmost parameter).

cheers
    Kalamona

18. Location
    Boise, ID
    Much appreciated Kalamona. I'm looking forward to future updates. Any idea when you'll be adding more? Thanks for any info in advance.
    Aaron Victoria
    [Lead Designer]
    Contact

Legends of Etherell
    Action - RPG - Adventure

19. Posts
    Looks like something is screwed up with your webplayer demo... Doesn't start ^^. You are the first where it doesn't work

20. Posts
    imogenPoot: Hm, I just clicked on it, and it worked to me :/ And it wasn't changed recently. Could someone else check it?

AaronVictoria: It really depends on a lot of things, but it shouldn't take more than two weeks.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast