Search Unity

Problem with alpha view in forward rendering.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by kurylo3d, Jul 1, 2012.

1. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

I am trying to view the alpha for the glow shader... to see what would glow, and i noticed a problem. In forward rendering i see no specular highlights and no emissive... in deferred the spec is there. Any ideas whats up?
    Here are some screenshots for both. I mean would be kind of lame if i can no longer do glow in forward rendering. Doesnt look like the illum alpha adds to anything at all... its like how the hell do u make a light bulb glow at this point? It didnt always be liek this.

Attached Files:

2. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

3. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

any members of the dev team or something? I submitted the bug.

4. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

This is kinda like the first time no one from the unity team or anyone at all hasnt even bothered to comment on such a debilitating bug. I mean... confirmation that it is in fact a bug would be great:)

5. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

6. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

7. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

man this forum used to actually be useful. What happened?

8. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Could you maybe provide some more information? Did you do simpler tests? How about a cube with a material that has alpha at 100%... does it show up white in the Scene with the Alpha viewer? Are you actually not getting glow or is this just an issue in the Scene? What was the bug number? The more information you provide the more likely someone will try and help you.

9. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

Thanks for the reply. Yes alpha works in materials when you adjust the color. Glow works on whatever is colored brighter in alpha rendered to the screen like it should. My problem is no specular highlight adds to the alpha even setting it to white. Tried it with both specular shader and bump spec. This happens in forward rendering, and when set to build with android as well. Deferred rendering does not have this issue... the alpha for the spec works just fine when being added to the scene for rendering the glow and all.. I have tried it on 3 seperate computers with a wide range of specs. Same problem.

Update: Apparently its an issue with the scene. Why would it only do it on that scene. I used lightmapping in the scene with directional lightmaps. Though not even dynmaicly lit objects render the spec alpha to the screen in that scene. What can i do to fix this?

Also did the emmisive "Illumin (A)" texture ever add to the alpha of the rendered scene? It doesn't right now. I would think it should since it makes no sense that the main colors alpha texture should add to the alpha glow since that controls the spec as well.. not the emmissive amount. Yet for some reason the main colors alpha texture is adding to the alpha rendered to the screen for the emmissive shader. Ignoring the areas that are actually "lit up".

Also on this post of mine http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/145903-Mobile-bump-spec-shader-is-broken

please help here too since this seems to be a simliliar problem... in an entirely different scene. But still seems scene dependent in that it would work in a blank scene. This problem is actually occuring in 2 different scenes both made from scratch.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  10. kurylo3d

kurylo3d