Search Unity

Space Shooter Tutorial

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by slkjdfv, Jun 24, 2012.

1. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

I just finished the tutorial series on how to make a 2D space shooter by busbyj.link. The tutorial was a remake of a tutorial someone else did but these guys did it in C#. Any ways so what am I posting. I am posting a webplayer to my finished project of the tutorial. I've added features to the game that wasn't in either tutorial. Such as shields, gaining more lives, and more asteroids flying at you as your score increases as well as some minor oprimizatons to the code. Let me know what you think. http://www.kongregate.com/games/slkjdfv/space-shooter

2. Games Unity

Games Unity

It is a good start, but the game is very basic.
    You need to improve the graphics, add new types of attacking spaceships, various weapons and bosses.

3. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

I'm working on power-ups right now actually. The shield was my stepping stone in that area as it was easy to implement. I plan on adding other things to attack later. I found some nice models on Turbo squid I can use. Thanks for the reply.

4. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

I added a weapon upgrade that lasts for 10 seconds. I even changed the ships model and made it tilt in the direction you're moving. More updates to come :).

5. stefmen

stefmen

nice job!

6. jasondreynolds

jasondreynolds

I clicked this guys web link and my computer got a virus, users beware!!! Some fake flash update install....