Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[xcode] clang: error: unable to execute command: Segmentation fault: 11

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by SniperED007, Sep 20, 2016.

1. SniperED007

SniperED007

I keep getting the following errors on iOS Cloud Build, my project used to build successfully and if I do a manual build to my phone (instead of a cloud build) it works without errors.

Any ideas what this could be caused by?

14379: [xcode] clang: error: unable to execute command: Segmentation fault: 11
    14380: [xcode] clang: error: linker command failed due to signal (use -v to see invocation)
    14381: [xcode] ** BUILD FAILED **

2. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

Which version of Unity and Xcode do you have selected for that build target? The first thing I would try is manually selecting Xcode 7.3

3. SniperED007

SniperED007

Unity 5.4.1p1

I'll try manually selecting Xcode 7.3 now and try again

4. SniperED007

SniperED007

Thanks, that worked! Interesting that it was that as it was set to use the latest version of Xcode which is 7.3 according to the dropdown list.

5. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

Great! And ya, we are in the process of updating of updating which version "latest" is (current it's 7.2).

6. enghoff

enghoff

I am having this exact problem when building using the iOS Cloud Build service (but not on an independent workstation). How do I specify the Xcode version for a Cloud Build?

7. SniperED007

SniperED007

select the CONFIG tab from the build.cloud.unity3d.com website page of your game, then open the "Show Signing Credentials" under your iOS settings. And edit the Xcode Version to select Xcode 7.3

enghoff likes this.
  8. Neonlyte

Neonlyte

Just subscribed to this thread for future updates. :p
    I was trying to get an iOS build on Cloud Build with 5.4.f1, but I assumed that the "Use latest Xcode version" means Xcode 8.
    I switched to Xcode 7.3 in config, but the webpage showed that my Unity version choice is not compatible with the Xcode version I chose. Is it safe to ignore this for now?

9. enghoff

enghoff

Thank you, found it!