Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Write Tree Soft Occlusion Leaves to Z-Buffer

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by essejmclean, Sep 10, 2015.

1. essejmclean

essejmclean

Hi;

I'm attempting to use an image effect (a custom Global Fog) that requires shaders to write to the z-buffer (as it sorts for depth). I'm using the Tree Soft Occlusion Leaves shader for my leaves, and though it has language in it that says it should be writing to the Z-buffer, it doesn't seem to actually do that. This is giving me, and I'm sure others, problems.

Would somebody mind helping me take a look into that shader or have any knowledge about this issue? The shader can be found in default install of Unity under Nature/Tree Soft Occlusion Leaves. For testing purposes, Image Effects/Rendering/Global Fog can be used (this comes with Unity's Standard Assets pack).

Given that this is a Unity shader, and is written to write to the z-buffer, it surprises me that it doesn't.

Thanks.

j

2. EdRowlett-Barbu

EdRowlett-Barbu

I would like to hear an answer to this as well. I can not get trees using this shader to work with fog

3. tanoshimi

tanoshimi

Came across this issue today (having originally had problems with billboarded trees and think I've managed to hack my way around that - now it's my unboarded refusing to play nice with fog!)

4. Elzean

Elzean

i have same problem, does anyone have a solution ?