Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Woo Panels - Advanced Panel Management Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Terko, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Terko

Terko

Woo Panels is perfect for creating games or applications that have any kind of menus. It will make you forget about any problems you had with panel management before. Focus on creating experiences and we will take care of managing your menus for you!

• Great for every platform (mobile/desktop/console)
    • New panels are created with a single click.
    • Animators with animations are automatically created and cofigured for you. Ready to edit.
    • Mirrored or Separate Open/Close animations available.
    • Adjust animation speed in Editor to reuse animators even more.
    • Autogenerated panel script with one click.
    • Callbacks and messages.
    • Control complex hierarchies of panels. When you close parent children panels are closed automatically. Animations will be played and callbacks will be fired. Same for opening panels.
    • WaitForParent, WaitForChildren, WaitForSibling and other parameters will allow you to configure your panels the way you want.
    • High performance. Closed panels are disabled automatically (can be turned off).
    • Premade custom effects for background (Blur, Darken, Whiten)
    • Reusable panels! (Write your own modular UI NOW!)
    • Inspired by developing commercial UI-heavy applications (including new AR MMORPG game called Maguss )
    • Demo scene included!

Demo that was made using this asset:

Link to the asset: http://u3d.as/UWN

Mauri likes this.
  2. Terko

Terko

I am giving away free keys to people who are interested in this topic. Feel free to ask for them!

Deleted User likes this.
  3. neoshaman

neoshaman

That looks good! I need a key :D

4. Mark_T

Mark_T

Looks like a well thought and polished product. I definitely dig the interface and the editor feedback.
    Would it be possible in future to link Woo panels with Playmaker(events, variables), for noncoders like me?
    I checked the Magus video on google. Is it possible to manage interfaces like that ones, included animations, and maybe some animated properties, (transparency, color, etc.)?
    I would definitely appreciate a key, if possible. :)

5. Terko

Terko

Sure Mark! While developing Maguss the "old" version of this asset was used, afterwards we completely rewritten it to release a polished version which we called Woo Panels. Meaning that this one is even better and you can do more with it.
    We plan on integrating it with other assets like Playmaker but there are some steps to go. I will share with you the key, please send me you e-mail address! :)

6. Terko

Terko

Please, send me you e-mail address! :)

7. iamsam

iamsam

Can this be used to create card games, such as a flashcard game. Its difficult to find simple solutions to create simple games and this looks like it will fit the bill. Would appreciate a key if it is still available to test it for our ongoing project.

8. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

I'm definitely interested! I've had this sort of thing on my "big list of stuff to learn how to do" for a while now. ;)

9. Terko

Terko

Woo Panels is the asset that allows you to quickly create Menus/Widgets/Panels and easy navigate between them. While you take care of making the UI look good, Woo Panels will take care of playing the animations/firing callbacks/closing panels/managing hierarchy, etc.. and it gives "ready-to-edit" animators so that you can quickly bring your panels to life. It also generates "ready-to-edit" scripts for panels where necessary so that you can extend panels logic with your code. Most of the time when people use UI in their games they are dealing with panels but there is no built-in panel management solution in Unity. That's where you need Woo Panels.

10. Terko

Terko

Thanks for reaching me out, check your e-mail box for the key! Enjoy! ;)

11. Terko

Terko

Thanks for contacting me! Check your e-mail box!

12. iamsam

iamsam

That makes sense, and I think it will make this a great solution for the games that require constantly changing panels :).

13. mimminito

mimminito

This looks fantastic. Its something we have been after for a while, we build a lot of apps for both mobile and desktop platforms which contain a lot of screens and a LOT of code most of the time. This looks like a great tool to help speed up development, would love to grab a key if possible and provide you some feedback!

14. stevenatunity

stevenatunity

Are keys still available? Would love to try Woo Panels :)

15. Terko

Terko

Hey, mimminito! Send me a message with your e-mail! ;)

16. Terko

Terko

I am waiting for your e-mail, stevenatunity! ;)

17. radimoto

radimoto

Looks really slick! Have sent you a PM would love to try if the offer is still available! Cheers

18. Terko

Terko

Check your mailbox and enjoy, mimminito! ;)

mimminito likes this.
  19. Terko

Terko

In the meantime I am planning out tutorial series which I will start making very soon! Stay tuned :)

karonte likes this.
  20. MGleem

MGleem

This looks awesome, and stylish, I'm definitely interested! and i would to replace UI on my working project, with woo panels. There is free keys left? :(

Cheers, looks great product.

Terko likes this.
  21. yuantao

yuantao

That looks good! I need a key :D

22. yuantao

yuantao

23. Terko

Terko

Hey, thank you for the interest! Unfortunately, all of the keys are over :(

24. Terko

Terko

Thank you, yuantao! Unfortunately, none of the keys are left.

25. Kiupe

Kiupe

Hi,

Is it possible with Woo panels to open a panel a specify options like "make it modal" or "make it in front of all other panels" etc.

Thanks

26. Terko

Terko

Hi, yes of course!
    Those are the things that are completely solved by Woo Panels! :)

27. mimminito

mimminito

So I have played around with it a little today, and first impressions are good! It seems like a very well managed panels system and the demo is great, shows off a lot of its abilities. I would like to see some video tutorials on creating UI and using the settings. Maybe separate tutorials for creating different types of panels, changing their properties, etc. I think that will benefit users a lot. Overall though it seems like a great solution. I hope to test it out in a project soon.

karonte likes this.
  28. karonte

karonte

Wait for tutorial too !Thanks
    ..or some documentation or pdf....

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  29. Terko

Terko

Video is coming! If you have purchased the asset there is Documentation.pdf inside of the documentation folder. Check it!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  30. Deleted User

Deleted User

looks so good :D

31. CevdetArkun

CevdetArkun

How lovely.
    If you are still giving away free keys I would love to have one.
    This panels manager would be great for the project I am working on.
    I am working with 30+ panels and having hard time trying to figure a way to deal with them. :(

32. mihakinova

mihakinova

I cant express how good this asset is, it saved us soo much time!

That being said, one feature I'm missing, or couldn't find, it opening ponels instantly from code. I can see that the WooPanelsEngine supports it, but it doesn't seem like it's exposed.

Is there any chance that this could be added to the WooPanel / PanelManager class?

33. rjfoster03

rjfoster03

Not sure if this would be a good choice to allow me to add a Game Over Slide / Panel once a Unity developed game reaches the end. If so, I would be interested in a free key to the asset.

34. Marulian

Marulian

Hello all!

@Terko
    Might I ask what's the differences or benefits of Woo Panels over DoozyUI?, Also the videos and tutorials might help me decide because right now I can't find any information about Woo Panels (probably because is new), the demo looks great and I really like it, but I need more info or a better look at the workflow.

Maybe you can post the documentation as a free download? So I can take a better look at the API.

Thanks in advance!

35. Terko

Terko

Hi there!

@mihakinova, there are different ways of opening panels and yes you can open from code.

==========
    In code:
    ==========
    1. You can call (You probably want this)
    using namespace Wooplex.Panels;
    PanelManager.Open<YourPanel>();

where YourPanel is a class that inherits WooPanel.
    In order to create this class automatically you can press on a button in the WooPanel Inspector (It will automatically replace the WooPanel script for that panel).

2. You can create a reference for a panel and call (Usually less needed, but also possible)

public YourPanel yourPanel;

yourPanel.Open();

==========
    On the scene (You want this when a button on the scene wants to open the panel):
    ==========
    3. In the button click callback you can assign the function WooPanel.Open() directly in inspector .
    (thus, no need to write code).
    Just reference a panel that you want to open and select the Open() method.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  36. mihakinova

mihakinova

@Terko Ah I wasn't clear enough, what I wanted was a way to open panels instantly, meaning without the animation applied to it. So the same way you can do it in the editor by deselecting the Animate option in the Panel Manager.

So what I want is a way to do PanelManager.Open<MyPanel>(), which opens the panel with the animation, and something like PanelManager.OpenInstant<MyPanel>(), which would just open the panel, instantly, without playing the animation applied to it.

37. Terko

Terko

That's a good feature request!
    I will remember to add it as soon as the new version is ready!

mihakinova likes this.
  38. Marulian

Marulian

I bought the asset, looked easier to learn than the others, it's excellent so far.

Usually the workflow as it is right now is great, but in certain complex scenarios I have found the need to make "dependant groups" that are not next to each others (siblings), that could help a lot sometimes, maybe for the graph could be represented as a tag/color coded icon?, that last thing was just a random thought.

39. KoFree

KoFree

Bought this asset. Read the documentation. Need help. Please do a tutorial video for non-programmers! There is nowhere to get answers to even simple questions. Soooooooooooo frustrating!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  40. Terko

Terko

Hey,
    I apologize for making you feeling frustrated.
    If you have any questions we can have a Skype call.
    My id is sparrow1001.
    I will gladly answer them and show you everything.

blitzvb likes this.
  41. karonte

karonte

is not simpler to create tutorial for all?

42. blitzvb

blitzvb

yeah same here. I do not own the asset yet but I am planning on buying it.

43. Terko

Terko

Hey, guys! New update is coming.

I listened to the feedback and improved the asset with various bug fixes.

Few cool features that are added and being tested at the moment:
    - Tabs
    - Navigation bar (with Back button like on iOS or Android)
    - Draggable panels

Stay tuned for more!

blitzvb likes this.
  44. blitzvb

blitzvb

Awesome!

45. mihakinova

mihakinova

One question, how would we go about handling multiple scenes with panels?

E.G. I have a main menu scene with a bunch of panels and a panel manager. Each of my other scenes is the same, with it's own panel manager and it's own panels, and this works ok when single-loading scenes.

But I also want to have a scene, that is additively loaded and has Don't Destroy On Load set on its items, so that scene is always alive (for popups / status notifications that need to be available everywhere).
    I need to be able to access the panels on this "shared" scene from anywhere (PanelManager.GetPanel).

Would this be possible?

LudiKha likes this.
  46. bleodel

bleodel

can i get a key pls.trying to creating a quiz game that switching between multiple panels and back.

47. LudiKha

LudiKha

I'd also like to know if this is possible

48. Skyboard_Studios

Skyboard_Studios

@Terko Hook me up with a key. i will try to give it a full go. I am using 2018.2

I was thinking of this global panel manager and is exactly the implementation that I am working toward... fingers crossed

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  49. augments

augments

Can this be used for 3D UI screens in world space too? Would like to try it for mixed reality application.. developing for Hololens.

Do share a key too..

50. rexcheung

rexcheung

I just brought this asset. Do you have any documentation to guide how to start? it is difficult to start with your example which is little bit complicated