Search Unity

WIP Small Works Art Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by Tim-C, Jul 26, 2012.

1. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Remember, it also needs high-tech hexagons too. ;)

2. petersx

petersx

Hello,
    I'am playing with Amplify Shader Editor learning some shaders (water shader). I think this is interesting view.

Unity 5.6.0b8, ASE - v.0.5.0 dev 001

Not_Sure and AndrewGrayGames like this.
  3. Mister-D

Mister-D

looks very nice, great work.

im making a remake of soldier of fortune 1 train level
    currently finished the tilling moving terrain , main trainengine and a couple of guns
    havent figured out how to do the gore yet and dont know if ill finish the project ;)
    trainscreen1.jpg trainscreen2.jpg trainscreen3.jpg

Billy4184, HolBol, dogzerx2 and 4 others like this.
  4. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Working on a new character :-3

5. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

6. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Hey, anyone wants to download an anatomy study I made?

I put it for free in sketchfab:

I think it's accurate enough for most needs. I've done several of these in the past and this one is the most accurate yet.

I want to do a more stylized study later on. Maybe for a more muscular character. And I will paint each section and add easy to read details. That'd be very useful, good reference is hard to find.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  7. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

Hehe, for some reason this reminded me of Toki Wartooth.

8. artisticmechanics

artisticmechanics

Not_Sure likes this.
  9. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Made the low poly version and imported to Unity:

I don't know wth happened to the face, lol. It's a different face!

I spent like 30 mins trying to make it look like the zbrush version, and it still doesn't look the same.
    Going to keep trying tweaking to make it have the original face.

Aside from that I think it looks fairly similar to the highpoly version.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  10. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

So, from day one I said, "there will be garbage can robots." You didn't believe me, but now, look! They've come. It's all @snowconesolid's fault.

Bonaventure 23.png

I for one welcome my garbage-can-robot overlords.*
    *: The joke was mandatory.

The robot here is a Metheglan Sentry. These bots are stored in pods that will be found around the cruiser. When the player arrives on the cruiser, they'll be hostile as A) no Metheglan has seen a human before, B) the Metheglan's communications array is offline, so they don't know that Bonaventure is trying to render aid, and C) they're red, that's never a good sign.

Mk.I Sentries are the 'goomba' of the game. They have inferior motion scanning, and due to their high-tech, but cutting-edge and untested antigravitic coil locomotion, can't turn quickly, and thus aren't too accurate and are easily flanked.

That being said, that arm cannon is nasty. If it connects before you've had a chance to find goodies to improve your defenses, you can count on a quick trip to the healing pod.

The Mk.II uses the glowing bit on the left arm to project a shield matrix, which requires the player to flank it to damage it. Neither model is particularly durable, so a few shots from your particle pistol ought to defeat these. A Metheglan Plasma Rifle would one-shot it outright. So would a Kresselian Shotgun (you won't get one in this game.)

There is a more powerful version that guards key ship infrastructure though, and it's known to work, and is quite deadly...you'll probably never see it, and definitely not as the boss that closes out the 'getting your feet wet' phase...

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    snowconesolid likes this.
  11. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

NO! NO!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! What the hell have I done!?!?!

...I don't deserve to be on these forums anymore for I am the one responsible for garbage-can robots invading @Asvarduil 's game..... (lol)

Your game is starting to look like a low-poly sci-fi horror......... and

I like it......
    ;)

Anyway, I don't have much to show today. But will real soon. Actually, I plan on releasing my new steam Greenlight campaign for my next game (the one I constantly post screens for here in this thread) by this Sunday. Maybe soon....

Something I am really proud of, is my brand new shiny sexy new splash screen/logo/branding image.

SEE

The one above is the default one. But I also made color variants such as RED!

And many more. But I'm not going to post them all here.

I feel, since I want to be taken more seriously as a game developer (hopefully enough to trick people into thinking that I
    am professional)

I needed to ditch the old logo and re-invent myself. Create a more professional looking logo. One that's eye catchy, clean and recognizable. I love how this turned out. It's very me and fits my style. Suits me well if I must say! I worked.... really hard on this.

.....it's just a splash screen you looser, nobody cares about splash screens. :oops:

Look I did the thing with the font being small and all. ^^^^^

"You see this? [strike]Diamond Dogs![/strike] Snowconesolid Productions Our new home..."

Edit: okay, I don't know how to put a strike/slash through text, but whatever...

GUNNA CHOP DOWN MY ENEMIES NOW!

brb

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    Not_Sure likes this.
  12. Blacklight

Blacklight

strikethrough
    Just an [_s_] (no underscores). Also, I like your little mascot guy.

13. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Thanks @snowconesolid!

So one thing that's helping, is that I'm developing my levels (there's only technically two or three of them in this entire work) alongside the music. The music helps me set the tone and feel it, as I'm developing the level.

Since Music is art, and I've posted music here without anyone griping at me, I think I'll post two tunes you can expect to see in Bonaventure.

1. Derelict Vessel - The Thrum of Power
    You just walked aboard a damaged ship, with the crew barely hanging onto life, in order to render aid.

2. Item Room - Friendly Technology
    I was definitely not inspired by Metroid with this, at all. When you find a room with a healing tank, or ammo station, or even an isolated room with a powerup, you'll hear this.

14. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

15. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Improved the face!

dadude123 and nipoco like this.
  16. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Welp, finally posted my new greenlight campaign for my next game! "Samer Hills" - (A game I shamelessly named after myself)
    Not going to spam the link to the steam greenlight page because I think that is against the rules. But you can find it on my blog and in the description of my youtube trailer or if you just go directly to the greenlight page.

Trailer:

Some Screens:

more info on my developer blog and the greenlight page.

17. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

18. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Thanks!
    yup, heard about this the day it was announced. One of the reasons I worked harder to get my greenlight campaign out sooner. It takes time for games to pass greenlight. My last game took about 2 months to get greenlit.

I am somewhat excited for steam direct and looking forward to hearing more information about it because right now its very vague. Direct could be better than greenlight.

My new game is having its greenlight run. If it makes it before greenlight is replaced with direct then that would be great. If not, at least I tried. I'll still finish the game and attempt to release to steam eventually. Valve just really needs to give more solid details about the new process.

AndrewGrayGames likes this.
  19. virror

virror

Good luck!
    Trailer was very nice, got me very curious about the game : )

20. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

Heres a turret GIF

21. MelonBurrito

MelonBurrito

Got all fun and bored one night and pushed out some headshots :3 My portfolio was looking somewhat dim so I arranged them all. Everyone here are such champs with 3D modeling! It's okay that I leave this here? I hope someone likes it. :eek:

Portfollio_Headshots-01.jpg

dogzerx2 and Thunderent like this.
  22. Takkik

Takkik

Playing with Shader Forge Tesselation & Details map on one of my photogrammetry test.
    WIP_TAKKIK_photogrammetry_stoneWall_08

snowconesolid and dogzerx2 like this.
  23. nasos_333

nasos_333

My WIP in realistic Foliage shading with extreme optimization for grass-trees-rocks and any 3D decal object (using automatic batching and pooling, a grid based update system, plus batched billboards and a special auto ground adaptation technique for adapting any batched pool item to any ground and selected scene objects, with zero in game batching requirement) and integration with environmental effects (e.g. volumetric lighting for subtle atmospheric lighting)

Performance is on my old 2010 PC with every effect on and extreme foliage density (the demo pics were taken from was not fully optimized yet also, the latest demo is a lot more performant as well and also has full volumetric clouds included with super performance with everything together, more pics and live demo soon)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    dogzerx2 likes this.
  24. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

25. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

As the best 3d artist in the world I decided to create this

You should all be very grateful that I am allowing you to look at this masterpiece.

26. Will-Morillas

Will-Morillas

Sketching a new character with some armor pieces, very early stage of development

IMG_20170225_005859.jpg

27. TheAlmightyPixel

TheAlmightyPixel

Wanted to do something small for change, so I made this coffee grinder:

Thunderent likes this.
  28. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

This is like one of those wooden posing models, the insane clown from Twisted Metal, and something creepy from Zelda, all put together in an atom smasher.

29. tweedie

tweedie

Doing my annual renewal of the ongoing car project. I posted it in this thread a long time ago, originally I rendered this model in Arnold, then I did my best with it in Unity. Looking back, I wasn't at all happy with the results, but now with the new post and the Adam demo realtime area lights out, I thought it was time to try my hand at it again. *Image Spam*

Ferrari_FrontClose.jpg Ferrari_TopDownSide.jpg Ferrari_TopDownSide_White.jpg
    Ferrari_Front_White.jpg

And a garish colour change for fun:

It needs spec breakup, and I'll have to try and come up with a better shader at some point (currently this isnt using a fancy paint shader, just standard, meaning its basically glossy plastic at the moment), but I'm considerably happier with this than my last attempts. Now if the realtime area lights could be freed from their few remaining bugs that'd be awesome! :D Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

30. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

And what was produced was this beautiful work of art. I should have this 3d printed and sell little desk buddies for people to have. Or maybe I should have a 6ft life size model 3d printed.... hmmm

The images above are renders I created with Blenders cycles render engine. Heres some in engine unity renders.

btw, this will be a character in my upcoming game.

Not_Sure likes this.
  31. Mister-D

Mister-D

wip footage of my soldier of fortune train mission remake in unity

Billy4184, Vashchuk and Blacklight like this.
  32. Blacklight

Blacklight

It's coming along well. Are you actually moving the train, or are you moving the level around it?

Also, what's your process for rigging animating guns for first person? I've been doing some of that myself and I'm interested in how other people manage.

33. nipoco

nipoco

Love the style

AndrewGrayGames and dogzerx2 like this.
  34. Mister-D

Mister-D

tnx
    its a tileable level that moves the train is standing still.
    my setup is pretty easy. just a skeleton for the arms and then parent the IK goal of the wrists to the gun model.
    rigsetup.jpg

35. Will-Morillas

Will-Morillas

@dogzerx2 looking really good!

Cleaned face, next step is pores and wrinkles
    FaceDarkWarrior.jpg

theANMATOR2b and dogzerx2 like this.
  36. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

The part where his cheek bone ends and his ear begins sticks out WAY too much, while his jaw line needs to be widened and his cheeks puffed out.

37. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

Animating Walls (much faster than it will be)

38. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Awesome!

Keep us posted with your progress!

39. redpanda

redpanda

My castle environment is available:

MelonBurrito, Vashchuk and Thunderent like this.
  40. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

41. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

tried making cartoon female character but it looks like a botched plastic surgery job

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  42. Blacklight

Blacklight

It looks almost like she's got more cheekbone than actual cheek. If you reduced the size (or raised) the of the cheeks, smoothed out those crevices that stretch out from the edges of her mouth and made sure her eyes were looking at the same point I reckon it'd look a lot better.

43. Blacklight

Blacklight

!!! BOSS INCOMING !!!

Record_2017_03_03_21_54_51_566.gif

Record_2017_03_03_21_55_49_918.gif
    Record_2017_03_03_21_57_34_300.gif

44. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

lol thanks. Prob won't go back to it though. It was just a quick thing I threw together. Not going to use it in a game or anything. she will get buried and lost with the hundreds of other files on my harddrive and never opened again. Her face will forever stay hideous :D

Your game on the other hand is looking amazing! You got that classic starfox feel with smooth and sleek gameplay. Very nice!

45. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

So, I may have put my foot in it, this time.

I'm working on the first boss arena, against the Engineering Defense Bot. This boss battle requires using two skills that you'll have picked up mere minutes before - shooting things, and scanning things.

Since people enjoy seeing the progression from where I start to where I end - God knows why - here's the starting point. It's a big room that uses tiled textures. Lights are placed (poorly), UVs are in desperate need of fixing. But, at least the doors work!

Bonaventure 24.png

Also, I'm trying barely-colored lights for each deck - D Deck is blue, C Deck is red, and E Deck is gold, and Main Engineering is technically part of E Deck, even though it extends to C Deck. I did it, because the grey everything was messing with people's ability to find their way around the Metheglan Cruiser, and made everything seem super featureless.

I still need to add more environment objects and clutter, but I've spent a while designing the decks themselves, and mapping how this short game is going to go, as well as what kinds of puzzles the player has to overcome to get to Health Upgrades and Ammo Expansions.

That's why it took two or three weeks. Totally unrelated to any playing of Planetside 2 I might have done.

...The Next Day...

Fixed the lights, need to fix UVs. Added some catwalks for Engineering (they're seethrough, of course), and an elevator. Taking it to the very obvious reactor, leads to the first boss fight.

Bonaventure 25.png

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    RavenOfCode likes this.
  46. TheAlmightyPixel

TheAlmightyPixel

Cooking up some bricks in SD. I'll need to tweak the grout a bit and add some color variation but it's coming along.

bricks.jpg

47. Elecman

Elecman

My last project:

RavenOfCode and Not_Sure like this.
  48. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

I made a YouTube thing... Not a new game. But a thing...

inspired by a popular classic video game start screen.

What am I doing with my life.....

49. Blacklight

Blacklight

God's work.

50. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Just a quick test of a graphical concept for potential "next game" now that Brink of Extinction is almost complete.
    2017-03-06.png

RavenOfCode, Not_Sure and macdude2 like this.