Search Unity

WIP Small Works Art Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by Tim-C, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Billy4184

Billy4184

Messing around with lighting again ...
    Untitled.png

2. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Fun with noise shaders.

3. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

New 24 second video, shows lots of art

4. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

That looks cool, I love modular assets!
    -------

I finally finished my big modular level demo! Looks like I spoke to soon when I said I wanted to send it to the store 5 days ago. Now you can walk with a torch in the catacombs but I doubt that will be included in the final assets since it's done using the fps controller. I'll be releasing a video of it son!

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/modular-dungeon-pack-catacomb.398141/

Billy4184 and AndrewGrayGames like this.
  5. HolBol

HolBol

And now for something completely different.
    I'm going to texture this up properly (stylised, however) but just a bit of fun.

Pewpewspaceship.png

6. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

I like it in the untextured, low-poly-ish version.

HolBol likes this.
  7. Billy4184

Billy4184

8. HolBol

HolBol

Funny you should say that! I placed it into my space shooter project that didn't really go anywhere from last year because I couldn't pick a direction, and decided it wasn't worth texturing. Placed a few image effects over it to give it a borderlands-ish look (toon shading, bloom, edge detection and negative intensity crease shading) and it looks great. Now I've got to try and keep the style for enemies and scenery. Screenshots to follow later!

9. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

I'm back. And, I found my mojo. Behold what I'm considering the final version of the Metheglan Cruiser's interior...

Bonaventure 16.png

I need to work on the rotation of the lamps, still (the walls are angled ever so slightly), but you can see where this is going. This is the observation room on the Docking Deck. Ordinarily, it's used as a sort of mess hall/rec facility by the Metheglans, as these ships are ships of exploration. In the actual game, this room will be home to an annoying puzzle. Prepare your body.

Not_Sure likes this.
  10. artisticmechanics

artisticmechanics

Another structure assembled using the Modular Building Project - Exterior. Despite the first release's theme being Service Stations one can still assemble buildings like this! Capture_039.JPG Capture_039.JPG Capture_040.JPG Capture_041.JPG

Not_Sure likes this.
  11. Blacklight

Blacklight

Chronological different iterations of my a reload animation. It's not finished all the way yet.

macReload_0.gif
    macReload_1.gif
    macReload_2.gif
    macReload_3.gif

Not_Sure, Vashchuk and Billy4184 like this.
  12. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

If (FPS) { return Crate; }

Bonaventure 17.png

There are always crates in an FPS. Always.

Bonaventure 18.png

And this is the first look at a Metheglan console. Metheglans use the same Spectral Esther Display technology that the Earth Commonwealth uses, as it's extremely energy efficient - perfect for a starship. That the Metheglans discovered Spectral Esters in parallel with Earth is a complete coincidence, and this is a non-sarcastic, truthful statement. It's sheer luck of the draw*

*: It's really that I'm lazy and it would be time-consuming to make everything about the Metheglans different than the Humans. I'm trying to speed this up.

Metheglan written language works similarly to Japanese or Chinese in that they use ideograms to convey meaning - words are composed of groups of ideograms. This display says, "Klax!nul Xethnalin-dul." The "-dul" denotes a word in past-tense; Klax!nul is door, Xethnalin is 'permission', though the Metheglan language allows nouns to be verbed impilcitly with a tense-indicator like "-dul". x! is a verbal click - the Metheglans do have a verbal click as a relatively common sound in their language.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    snowconesolid, Not_Sure and Billy4184 like this.
  13. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

14. Blacklight

Blacklight

Almost there.

Record_2017_02_05_20_38_16_838.gif

Justice0Juic3 likes this.
  15. Billy4184

Billy4184

16. shogunstudios

shogunstudios

Character for horror game i'm working on

17. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

I love you....

Not_Sure and AndrewGrayGames like this.
  18. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

...That's some creepy stuff. Congrats on your successful horror game.

snowconesolid likes this.
  19. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

haha thanks. Creepy, maybe. Successful? Not yet. Not even close :D

AndrewGrayGames likes this.
  20. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

No, you've nailed the horror aspect. Just make sure it's a good game, and you're set.

21. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

lol thanks! I'm doing my best!
    Honestly, I don't think many will find it "scary" though. The vampire is doing a flying elbow drop man... :D

22. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

Some (hopefully) final passes on the textures...

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  23. chassets

chassets

24. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

I made a walk-through video of my modular pack. Gonna send it for submission tomorrow.

Blacklight and Billy4184 like this.
  25. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

Never tried doing sci-fi'ish stuff, so I made my first steps into this kind of theme.Nothing fancy yet.It doesn't look really sci-fi, but it's a start.

Here's some floor panels for you to step on,hehe :D

EDIT : Here's another one(not sci-fi).I think I'm going to start a small scene.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  26. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

So, I took a few days to do "research." That means, watch Enterprise and play Star Trek Online. Needless to say, I don't think that was such a good use of time.

:(

So, here's an elevator, and a well-lit room.

Bonaventure 19.png

Metheglans use elevators in their ships. The reason they do this is that gravity lifts are complex machines, while lifts, with the advanced materials they use, are simply more reliable and less failure-prone.

Also, a note about the visual language - well-lit areas are safe. Sort of lit areas might have patrolling enemies. Darker rooms will certainly have enemies, and possibly a puzzle. Light is good. Also, you'll hear a friendly technology BGM in a safe area, another clear giveaway.

As a general note, I've blocked out the "D"-Deck (Docking) where the Bonaventure is berthed to the cruiser. The "C"-Deck (Command) is a thinner deck between D- and E-Decks (Engineering.) There's also a single FTL nacelle mounted on top of the Metheglan Cruiser...haven't decided if I'm going to do anything with that in this game, yet.

27. HolBol

HolBol

Stuck that low poly spaceship into my rail based space shooter. This is both an art thing and a game thing, but he last shot of the ship was posted here so I'll leave this here too.

pewpewpew1.png

28. Blacklight

Blacklight

Awesome! Sure beats the hell out of my rail shooter

...for now

HolBol likes this.
  29. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Do a barrel roll!

Blacklight and HolBol like this.
  30. Will-Morillas

Will-Morillas

Texturing the new character for the store in Substance Painter and rendering a quick scene,I need to add an opacity map for the cape and add some dirt.

SubsRenderFront.jpg
    SubsRenderBack.jpg

_M_S_D_, Debhon, Billy4184 and 2 others like this.
  31. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Hmmm...seems like we've hit an impasse...

Bonaventure 20.png

This security door doesn't respond to your proximity, and there's no monitor to scan with the Smart Communicator. This odd thing here might help, but it seems to be offline...

Maybe I should get around to reactivating the reactor on this ship, so that the remaining crew's life support comes online again.

The optronic wires were inspired by Lachadonan. I wish I knew how to make the sphagetti-style wires that can bend easily. I've got ideas, but they all suck. The optronic wires as they are now are all individual segments I'm going to be batching together via a script on the parent object.

32. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

Sweet!

Im pretty happy with how my wires turned out :D And i would be happy to go over how theyre done. (pretty proud that theyre SO EASY to make and shape or size)

Ill show: Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 12.30.01 AM.png

The colours are done in editor. Just extrude a cylinder and scale along one axis

AndrewGrayGames likes this.
  33. chassets

chassets

34. Will-Morillas

Will-Morillas

More screenshots of the Medieval Fantasy Knight, last one with the full set equiped is inside unity with roughly 20.000 tris(I'm planning to do some LODs.

SKPiel01.jpg
    SKRopas01.jpg
    UnityRender.jpg

35. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

36. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

Progress on shoulderpads

37. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Dang. Y'all been busy.

For me, all I've got is a small room on the Metheglan Cruiser, which has the Metheglan version of a Healing Tube in it...

Bonaventure 21.png

The Metheglan Healing Tube is more advanced than the Commonwealth. Like the humans, they too found an intact healing chamber on a world they explored. Within a few of their years, they had the majority of the functionality working. Metheglan Healing Tubes regenerate health more quickly than their human counterparts.

Also shown here, is an output for medical staff (I need to actually pixel the display.) The small room in question is a medbay in the aft of D-Deck, for emergency purposes. The player will find that they can heal in this room without fear of attack by sentry bots or other hostiles.

Speaking of, I did promise garbage-can robots...

38. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

wooooaaaah man! You've been making a lot of progress from what this page in the thread shows. Looking better and better. You have something really interesting going on. I enjoy seeing this quick progression. Keep up the good work. Your game looks really promising and unique.

Not much to show on my end. But, here is one screenshot out of the dozens of crappy screenshots I have taken from my project. I'm just really proud of the environment I created here, also really proud of the camera shot and angle. Something calming about the whole scene, which is different for me, because I usually tend to create weird out of place type stuff and goofy silly characters. :)

39. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

Added a few more props and panels.I think I will be going towards a low sci-fi bar/apartment setting.I'll see where this takes me :D

40. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

My next game has a huge step up in quality since my last game (potato thriller)
    also, name tags and character introductions are back in!

left: Potato Thriller - 2016
    right: Samer Hills - 2017 release

41. TheAlmightyPixel

TheAlmightyPixel

The high poly's starting to take shape. I'll just need to redo the cloth (again), do a polish pass and a damage pass and then I'll start working on the low poly.

HP WIP.jpg

florianalexandru05 likes this.
  42. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

That actually reminds me when I used to go bowling! :D Looks great!
    ---

It's been a while till I got back to these models and since then I tried finding ways to boost the looks of my models in Unity. I have been looking in to this pack again and I think I'll remake some things, till then enjoy some screenshots of the new look!

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/rocky-hills-environment-pack.381438/

43. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

Thanks @florianalexandru05 !

Decided to make a few more modular pieces and turn it into a Sci-fi Apartment(just the bedroom so far).The scene is heavily post-proceseed(SSAO,Color Correction, Chromatic Aberration,AA,Bloom).The bed is just a placeholder from the Asset Store until I get a sci-fi bed in there :

Five Billion Star Hotel

44. Will-Morillas

Will-Morillas

Blocking out the hair cards, the texture is just a basic color with an alpha(the render is inside marmoset toolbag, I find it faster to use when I'm checking the textures)

PeloBlockOut.jpg

dogzerx2, Mister-D, Not_Sure and 2 others like this.
  45. Takkik

Takkik

Working on photogrammetric tilable textures.

WIP_TAKKIK_photogrammetry_stoneWall_01

46. Takkik

Takkik

Quick new test, trying to improve workflow/result :

WIP_TAKKIK_photogrammetry_stoneWall_02

plasmabazooka and Thunderent like this.
  47. redpanda

redpanda

I made a temple environment using pbr textures.

48. chassets

chassets

49. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

That looks amazing! I love how dynamic everything looks, good job! :D

Combining comfort with low-sci-fi.Because even sofa's need buttons in a high-tech world. :D

Moar buttons and screens.Even in your sleep. :D

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  50. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

So, last night I figured out what was bothering me about the Metheglan cruiser - the walls were way too loud.

So, I fixed them.

Bonaventure 22.png

They're a lot more subtle now, but still have just enough detail to make the scene interesting. They still reinforce the geometric theme of the Metheglan cruiser - the trapezoids - and I was able to add a tiled floor, to reinforce the 1930s-1940s sci-fi vibe.

I need to fix the UVs in some rooms, but other than that, I'm a lot happier with how this is turning out now.

Back to your regularly scheduled garbage can robots, already in progress...