Search Unity

[WIP][ASSET] Strategy Game Province Creator

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by thatsgerman10, Jan 16, 2016.

1. thatsgerman10

thatsgerman10

This asset aims to create province borders for your strategy game. Using Fortunes Algorithm, it takes either preset points, or creates random points, and converts that to a voronoi diagram. Once the voronoi diagram is created, it then creates a mesh based on the diagram as province borders for your game. Lastly, it creates a colormap to be used for province selection.

Here are more indepth pictures.
    Here is the Input,

Ignore the other colors, the black dots are the sites to be used for the voronoi diagram. You can input your own image to create a map more to your taste, or let the program create its own sites to make creation easier.

Next it creates the Voronoi diagram and makes it into a mesh. The material is not choosen, resulting in the pink color. This sites were also not as populated as I would like, resultingin the large areas near spain and east of italy.

The mesh will even lay over terrain!

Lastly it will give you a .bmp image of the colormap, and a .txt (or JSON?) of the province number, location, and color!

Right now I am making the conversion process more UI friendly. Before I released it I also wanted some feedback on the asset, is it worth selling? How do the borders look? What other features would you like in the asset? If you have any questions please ask!

alexanderameye likes this.
  2. thatsgerman10

thatsgerman10

Here is a tutorial for the asset when it is avaliable.

Richardm1985 likes this.
  3. Richardm1985

Richardm1985

@thatsgerman10 how are you going with it? When will it be released? It is exactly what I am looking for! It's been a year, release it brother

4. branimir1999

branimir1999

Looking forward to this.

5. Zymes

Zymes

Release?

6. CYM

CYM

Amazing

7. UnitedGameStudios

UnitedGameStudios

Is this out yet?