Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Will the beta for 5.6 final version available?

Discussion in 'Experimental Scripting Previews' started by Seto, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Seto

Seto

The previous version is with the known issue of animation/animator. It's not usable. It will be great if a version of 5.6 final is released.

Astarorr likes this.
  2. strich

strich

I second this notion.

3. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

I'm not sure yet if we will release a 5.6 version of the preview builds with the Mono upgrade. We will have some more news coming out about this soon though. That's all I can say now!

4. strich

strich

I assume you're looking to move directly into whatever plans you guys have for the new patch release paradigm? The sooner you can provide news on this the better - I assume other are like us and are starting to lock ourselves into some of the necessary features in the C# upgrade. I know that isn't your problem and you've expressly said not to, but, you know, that's the way it is. :p

If you could find resources to put into a new release soon that'd be awesome - The latest beta build is really buggy and not from the C# upgrade point of view - The beta itself isn't great.

5. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Yeah, I understand. There is a lot of balancing going on internally between porting the changes to a more stable release of Unity and working on fixing bugs and pushing the final product forward. I wish there was more I could say now, but we're not at a final decision point yet.

Arkade and strich like this.
  6. Arkade

Arkade

7. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@Arkade

Yes, you are correct. This is the proper thread. In general, I would recommend watching the Experimental Scripting Previews section of the forums.

Arkade likes this.
  8. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

SaraCecilia likes this.