Search Unity

Why doesnt work animation to change rotation of skeleton bone?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by dienat, Mar 20, 2017.

1. dienat

dienat

If i make an animation for changing rotation of a cube it works fine but if i change rotation of a skeleton bone it doesnt work. I made an avatarmask disabling that bone for one layer where i use all animations and another mask enabling just that bone on another layer using the animations for that bone, but it doesnt animate anything. If i change rotation in the LateUpdate in a script it works fine but not with animation

2. TrickyHandz

TrickyHandz

There are several things that might be causing issues here. The first thing I would look at is the settings on the layer. Is it set to Override with a value of 1.0? I believe weights on layers default to 0, so you will need to make sure to push it all the way up to 1.

If you are using a humanoid rig you won't be able to manipulate the rotation of bones during an animation. Humanoid rigs utilize muscle clips and Human Pose handler to manage animation and you should actually get an error that key framing of bones being unsupported for humanoid rigs. If you are using a generic rig, you shouldn't have any problems as long as the layer settings are set up properly.

If none of that helps, could you post more information about your rig, perhaps a screenshot of the setup or even a video of the problem. The more information you can provide the easier it will be track down the issue.

Cheers,
    TrickyHandz

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. dienat

dienat

Thanks, i found the problem, it was the animation that was not properly done using the rigged hierarchy