Search Unity

White screen in Android build (not in editor) [fixed]

Discussion in 'Android' started by Undertaker-Infinity, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Undertaker-Infinity

Undertaker-Infinity

I had a white screen when testing on devices, but not in editor.

After a couple of stressful days and running over a delivery deadline, I found the issue.
    This is an all UI project, and I had set the cameras' clear flag to none, thinking the UI only uses stencil and alpha. Turns out this is not a good idea.
    Set the cameras to clear depth only and everything works now.
    Leaving here for others to google, I tried the 32 bit framebuffer flag and OpenGL ES 2.0 but it was the camera clear flag all along.

Cheers.

abishekhparivel and roshan090 like this.
  2. Jaysonmeribe

Jaysonmeribe

I am having a problem building and running a game on my android test device. It just shows a white screen on launch without even a splash screen showing. It says nothing in the console. The worse thing is that I have actually published this app to google play thinking that nothing was wrong and when I told one of my friends to go check it out he said on launch of my app nothing would show up but a white blank screen so now I need to push out a update fixing the problem before more people get to the game and notice that its flawed. Here is the link if you want to check it out.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.JaysonMeribe.TapHappy&hl=en

3. Undertaker-Infinity

Undertaker-Infinity

I cant't tell much from an apk, even if I could get it (not available in my country)
    I mentioned above the fixes suggested and what worked for me:
    -use 32 bit framebuffer
    -use OpenGL ES 2.0
    -check the clear flags in your camera, first try clear all (which was my issue)
    test each in device, not editor.

SkyLimitStudio and d3garcia like this.
  4. Seraphic572

Seraphic572

What exactly is the purpose of clear flags in camera ? The documentation in unity is not quite useful .

5. d3garcia

d3garcia

I know is a bit late but I was having the same issue. In my case I was trying different settings for a VR project on my Samsung S8 and the problem was, I was trying to use OpenGL ES 3.0 and everything went white not even the splash screen showed up but changing it to OpenGL ES 2.0 fixed my problem. The odd thing is that I tried OpenGL ES 3.0 o a different project with the same phone and worked perfect. Anyways thanks for the help!

6. ashiokai

ashiokai

I am having this issue too when i upload for beta testing, so i;m going to try this and get back to you.

7. daarisameen

daarisameen

In editor it is slowly turning white, whereas in android it is completely white from beginning. I did all the stuff said by @Undertaker-Infinity . Please someone help.

ShivaprasadKM likes this.
  8. ShivaprasadKM

ShivaprasadKM

same issue.....
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/sun-temple-115417#reviews
    i'm using this asset, everything is fine till it was in PC platform but as soon as i switched to android the gane editor window got completely white, and i have seen note in the asset stores overview "* Not designed for mobile devices".

how to fix this ? @UnityTechnologiesAdmin just update asap. thank you in advance. Screenshot 2023-03-27 105618.png