Search Unity

Which shader do the built in terrain trees use for the billboarded leaf/branches?

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by kritoa, May 14, 2017.

1. kritoa

kritoa

So the built in billboard shaders that grass/trees use suffer from a problem where they orient incorrectly in a way that is hard to notice unless you are in VR, But if you are in VR they look really terrible.

I downloaded the built in shaders off the Unity Archive and was able to find and modify the grass shader (not at my computer now, but it's something like WavingBillboardGrassSomethingOrOther) and fix it so all my grass orients correctly and looks fine.

I'm having a hard time finding the similar shader for the builtin Terrain trees (speed trees I guess?). I don't mean the fully billboarded trees that show up in the background - I mean the ones in the fg that have real geometry. The real ones have a real trunk and real branches and then many separate textures of leaf/branch clusters that are billboarded to camera, and those are the ones that look really bad. Can anybody point me to that shader?

Thanks.

2. Invertex

Invertex

Select the tree, and look at what it says for Shader at the top of the material?