Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Where is the "registeredSpriteAtlasTags" In Preview 4?

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by lth3726381, May 28, 2017.

1. lth3726381

lth3726381

2. Johaness_Reuben

Johaness_Reuben

Currently that has been removed. Could you provide more details how you were using it? I read the post you linked, maybe a bit more detail in the process would help us understand the usefulness. :)

3. lth3726381

lth3726381

I wrote a demo to explain why I need atlas infomation (tag or reference) from a sprite,check out the attached file and run test scene.

The key code :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. void LocalizedSpriteRenderer(SpriteRenderer sptRenderer, Language language) {
    2.         string atlasName;
    3.         //solution 1 : get atlasName from a custom record :(
    4.         atlasName = sptRenderer.GetComponent<CustomAtlasRecord>().SpriteTag;
    5.         //if we have a property like Sprite.tags,I will not need a CustomRecord :)
    6.         //atlasName=sptRenderer.sprite.tags[0];//most sprite only have one tag
    8.         //make atlasName to localized AtlasName
    9.         var localizedAtlasName = language + "/" + atlasName;
    10.         //load atlas from Resources
    11.         var localizedAtlas = Resources.Load<SpriteAtlas>(localizedAtlasName);
    13.         //get correspond sprite
    14.         string currentlySpriteName = sptRenderer.sprite.name;
    15.         sptRenderer.sprite = localizedAtlas.GetSprite(currentlySpriteName);
    16.         sptRenderer.sprite.name = currentlySpriteName;//... why a sprite get from atlas called xxx(clone) :(
    17.     }
    BTW: Where is the " Runtime swap atlases and automatically rebind with loaded sprite renderers " feature ,the roadmap show it ,but can't found.

Attached Files: