Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Where get info about make a game like fftactis?

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by BorhamusFynolt, May 23, 2017.

1. BorhamusFynolt

BorhamusFynolt

Im trying to make a battle strategyc game by turns, like fftactis, but i cant find any info about how to program anything... And its hard. Im all on my own, so program from air is dificult, cos imnot a pro at it yet...
    If someone knows something, or have some info, i will be very happy.

2. Teila

Teila

Sorry, but this does not belong here. You are asking to learn how to program. One piece of advice, learn C# before you decided to make a game as a solo developer or try Playmaker, which is on the asset store.

Try the Getting Started section of the forum. Also, try the tutorials, starting from the first one, in the Learn Section.

I can recommend an inexpensive Udemy # class though.

JoeStrout likes this.
  3. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

Yeah, this is one of those times where if you have to ask then you're not ready.

You could hire help, but even then I'd still recommend you learn enough not to get ripped off.

BrandyStarbrite and Teila like this.
  4. lunaticCoder

lunaticCoder

Bro, you gotta learn alot to make a game like that, you will need to learn a programming language first, I prefer C# then you have to get acquainted with a 3d modelling software and after that knowing how to operate an image editing software will be necessary.

Here are the programs that I use

Blender 3D for modelling
    GIMP for image editing and textures and UV painting
    Unity for development.

5. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

You should have a look at ORK Framework. You can build that style of game with it without having to learn programming.

There is a free trial version available, and with that you can work though the 50-part "build a game" tutorial. There is an additional set of tutorials for adding tactical grid battles to the game built in the main tutorial series.

I'd say that's your best bet. The community forum there is fairly active and very helpful.

lunaticCoder likes this.