Search Unity

When every I try to run the game, I get compiler errors. I'm using nothing but the FPS controller

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by zigastrmsek, Apr 24, 2017.

1. zigastrmsek

zigastrmsek

As the title says, I just used 3 cubes and dragged in an FPS controller from the standard assets, and BAM! A compiler error that someone with no coding experience can't fix. 30 seconds into using Unity 5.6 and already hitting a brick wall. Great experience so far.

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

So don't drag in the FPS controller from the standard assets. Dragging isn't even how you import standard assets, and the FPS is a complex one, not something you should probably try as step 1 (and possibly not something you will ever need at all, depending on what you want to make... out of the hundreds of Unity game projects I've tinkered with, only one of them used the standard FPS controller, and even that one modified it heavily).

Go to the Learn section, do some tutorials, and learn to crawl before you try to run, jump, and shoot.

P.S. And in the off chance you want actual help, be sure to post the error you're having. Obviously nobody can help you with an error if you don't tell them what it is.

Ryiah likes this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

I bet the error messages you are getting are about the fps controller; but nobody will be able to help you if you don't post here the said error messages.