Search Unity

What's "AFFECTED DEVICES Unique models: 1" ?

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Diagnostics' started by hattori, Oct 2, 2016.

1. hattori

hattori

Hi there,

In each exception's detail view, I found AFFECTED DEVICES and says "Unique models: 1".

What does it mean ? and why doesn't it describe what model it is...model's name or something.
    I couldn't find any clues in manual.

Thanks !

2. ChrisLundquist

ChrisLundquist

Unity Technologies

Hey Hattori, good questions!

There are a few questions here, and I think they all boil down to the same one.

I believe what you're really after is getting the list of models, and why we don't show them.

We do store the platform info and for desktop it is cpu / memory, and for mobile it is the make / model of the phone.

Currently there is a limitation on the front end which causes extremely long page loads when there are thousands of models for an exception (which is a common case). Sadly, this made us only show the number of platforms, rather than print each one.

Since the API *does* return the full information, you can use the web inspector in your favorite browser to look at the json response returned.

After you click "view" on a particular exception, you'll see an asynchronous request like this:

GET https://perf.cloud.unity3d.com/api/projects/<your project id>/crash_log/<crash id>
    ```
    {"unique_platforms":["Mac OS X 10.9.4"],"unique_device_models":["MacBookPro10,1"],"unique_graphics_devices":["4053"],"occurrences_per_day":{"2016-07-18":8542,"2016-08-30":300,"2016-09-30":100},"versions":{"":false,"1.0.0":false}}
    ```

This issue is definitely on our radar, but sadly just hasn't been given the time it needs.

Hope this helps,
    Chris Lundquist