Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official What assets would you like to see on the Unity Asset Store?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by caitlyn, Mar 18, 2011.

?

Which assets would you like to see on the Unity Asset Store?

1. Art Packages - Mobile/Web

24.0%
  2. Art Packages - Desktop

35.2%
  3. Complete Projects - Mobile/Web

18.0%
  4. Complete Projects - Desktop

23.5%
  5. Scripts/Script Packages

44.6%
  6. Extensions

36.9%
  7. Shaders

28.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. acaroppos

acaroppos

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  2. TonyLi

TonyLi

3. acaroppos

acaroppos

Yes, but there are many animations that Kubold has not done. It would be great if Kubold did more animations in aspects to what we need and not only what he personally likes. If he had a look a TPC or TPSA, he would know what we require.

4. 128bit

128bit

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  5. Duffer123

Duffer123

I'd like to see one really good cross-platform water solution (oceans, seas, rivers, lakes, ponds, lava, depth colour and caustics, ripples, foam, waves, waves breaking etc). I can but dream.... ;(

dogmachris likes this.
  6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Check out Infinitypbr.com -- all my stuff is PBR (and real PBR, not guessed values), and all procedurally created so you can modify the look.

7. Duffer123

Duffer123

Water, water, water (good, cross platform, with all bells and whistles...)

dogmachris likes this.
  8. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

I would LOVE to see a terrain editor that lets you start by drawing a 2d map and ends up with stiched together streaming terrain.

9. Gnarly-Potato

Gnarly-Potato

I wish there were more options of monthly payout for publishers. In some countries (mine included) paypal transfers are blocked and being the only way to receive monthly pay, lack of it negates the whole idea of treating asset store like a serious platform to monetise content.
    I would love to dedicate all my time to asset store and people who buy my content but sadly i just can't. Hopefully the situation will change C:

10. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

I think I found the world-formula:
    Authors need a service system where customers can actually tell them what they need.
    The asset would then be available to all users and would become part of the "collection" (for example as PropsAnim does with his animation service which seems to be a profitable business model).

11. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

@acaroppos I think you can forget about Kubold, he only does what he likes, he does not listen to customers. I have switched to another MOCAP author.

12. BrotenStudios

BrotenStudios

Core Frameworks is what we are focused on making for the Unity Asset Store, we see a high demand for assets like these.

13. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

I badly need a tool that groups the components in "folders" so that I dont have a camera with 30 components, many of them have are the same but with different values for different effect groups, handling this in editor is a total mess.
    This would just be a cosmetic thing, codewise the stuff would be accesed the same way, but would save a lot of mental health issues to me.

GibTreaty likes this.
  14. BornGodsGame

BornGodsGame

I am hoping an environmental artist would do a desert vegetation pack. Realistic, and Nobiax quality!! :)

15. Poq-Xert

Poq-Xert

Hi.
    What do you want to see in the "scripting" or "extensions"?
    Send your suggestions for extensions and scripting packages me in PM.
    If your suggestion is demand and interesting - it will be realized!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  16. amorrow68

amorrow68

Ive been combing through the asset store and buying assets trying to find something this (just the vehicle physics):

http://devlog.tinytires.com/

Trying to make a game similar but old school stationary top down style, like this (Slick n Slide):

Can anyone recommend some assets that can make this work for me? Necessary to hire someone?

Thanks in advance!

17. Tepei

Tepei

And what maximum format of texture do you want ? Do you need 4096*4096 ? Or is it ok with 2048 ?

18. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

More Post-FX!

I'd love to see more screen-based sun shafts or volumetric lighting effects.

For example, I've seen in "The Lord of the Rings: War in the North" (0:44) a different approach to sun shafts, where the shafts were all parallel instead of coming from a specific point. It was a sort of "diagonal lighting bleed/bloom" which was very nice to the eye.

I still have to find such post-FX in the store, or an advanced version of the Sun Shafts post-FX.

19. Candescence

Candescence

One AI pathfinding thing that has been severely neglected is 2D platformer pathfinding. There's a bunch of general-purpose pathfinding solutions for 3D and top-down 2D, but absolutely nothing for 2D platformers, which require a more specialized solution. While I do know someone who is trying to do something about that, I think there should be at least a few options out there, especially if they're robust and versatile.

20. orb

orb

I just discovered another missing thing in the asset store system itself: I can't find an overview of how many seats I have of any assets! I wanted to know how many I had for PlayMaker, and the only way I could figure out the number was by adding it to my shopping basket, which showed how many I already had. That's just not the way it should be. If there's an overview page somewhere, I'd like to know where this button is hidden. If there isn't, get to it.

I have three, by the way o_O

EDIT: Found it. Gravatar-based images were for some reason not loading, which also made the account dropdown invisible. So I'll modify my wish to simply show the number of licences available right in the list of assets when browsing locally, rather than to have to dig around in the account panel on the website :)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  21. orb

orb

If the modular caves could have end caps that were simply walls instead of corridors, wouldn't that do the same? Maybe ask the creators if they could add little components to make them usable as standalone caves too. I guess some of them need exterior parts too though, as the ones I've noticed are interiors only.

22. Mister-D

Mister-D

ii want to see a system like this. (soldier of fortune gore system)
    . ghouldluc.jpg
    and not based on ragdolls so a dismembered body can still play animations.

23. TonyLi

TonyLi

I think you could use Bloody Mess for this.

24. Mister-D

Mister-D

isnt that one based on ragdolls? also could i add more damage zones?

25. TonyLi

TonyLi

When limbs come off, they're ragdolls. But the main model (or at least what's left of it) can still play animations, as shown here.

It also has slots to define your own damage zones.

Mister-D likes this.
  26. pixelquaternion

pixelquaternion

Hi there,

Since the beginning of Unity i saw so many threads asking for a decent buoyancy system and no one ever came with a decent system to make something like a ship simulator, there was some attempt but they all failed miserably for realistic behavior of ship on heavy waves.

I know that a real physic based buoyancy is impossible on current hardware but a spring system coupled with rigid body is perfectly well since we just need to make it look right after all most so call simulator out there are cheating buoyancy and it look perfectly fine for a game.

Even 10 years old game such as the classic Silent hunter series did it in a pretty convincing way, so i would like to see a buoyancy asset that can handle ships correctly and i would be willing to pay 150$ for this kind of package if well done and supported.

Even top package sell on the asset store have buoyancy wrong and they barely work in very low waves.

So is there any brilliant mind left in the programing department or they all died with the 1990 simulation buzz?

Even the blender community is putting us ashame look at this :

Regards

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  27. CodeFighter

CodeFighter

Hi,

I love all your stuff, But i have some suggestions.

1. NO charge backs!. Pls can you check users. Can you not allow to buy any suspicious persons. I can wait for payout more but without chargebacks.

2. Many troubles users have after import from asset store: not import settings, they have to dace about plugins folder (replacing it to Assets and sometimes errors gone only after deleting and restore plugins folder)

3. More statistics like what package they download because i have package for 4.6 and for 5.2 i need to know is it have reason to still make package for 4.6

4. Statistic of purchasing with filters and periods with total amount.

5. I can use Google analytics but only for one asset, can you make more link for analitycs.

Thanks.

Malbers and devandart like this.
  28. pixelquaternion

pixelquaternion

Hi there,

Is there someone planning to make a similar card game like Gwent from the Witcher 3 as a kit, doesnt need to be very complicated just the coding structure and basic AI for players to practice before playing online against real people.

The game i have in mind is not related to fantasy genre but more military stuff but with a similar deck layout of 22 cards.

Someone who could make a basic asset without any fancy graphics just to let other build their own type of card game would probably make some nice money with it, i would be willing to pay 100$ for such an asset.

Regards

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

My most wanted feature by far, is an faster way to change trivial stuff like pack description, images and price, so offers and new promotional material can be used immediately.

Also a section with asset developer comments, with known fixes and tips on issues that may need user attention, until the next update is released.

Hamzah-Khan, Kronnect and elias_t like this.
  30. orb

orb

Speaking on behalf of a number of people: Level 11 for the masses. The word "soon" has pretty much lost all meaning now ;)

31. Kronnect

Kronnect

You need to make sure you don't end with 5000 assets in the same leaf category (last category level) as it happens to the AppStore or Google Play. I use Search when I know what I'm looking for but I love diving into the Asset Store by category and explore what's there. I don't like when I end the last menu level and I need to paginate hundred of assets. BTW, I really like recent improvements to the Asset Store page. Thanks for that, good job!

For instance I have two World Maps, one 2D and the other 3D (Globe). Both "compete" in the same category (Scripting/GUI). I would like to have the option there to subdivide between assets focusing on 2D and 3D.

Perhaps one solution to a potential discoverability problem could involve the tags to refine the menu tree and create new automatic subcategories.

EDIT: this seems not to be a problem for now since there're still not so many assets in many of the categories although some of them are begging to clutter.

Thanks Asset Store team for having this amazing ecosystem.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  32. hamyshank

hamyshank

why cant we sort by "newest" anymore?

33. Catacomber

Catacomber

I also miss this. I can't seem to find the newest assets anymore and so don't really know everything that's new. I feel I'm missing out on the new assets----and so I don't spend as much time in the asset store as I used to and don't really buy as much as I used to because the newest assets were what I was looking for---I pretty much already went through the older assets. It does save me money because I am not spending any since I can't find the new stuff. But I'd rather be able to find the newest assets suitable to my games. It's really very frustrating. And makes the Asset Store less useful.

I used to love to go there and look for the newest things and now.......I keep my money in my pocket and spend a few seconds looking at what's there.

luispedrofonseca likes this.
  34. Billy4184

Billy4184

Does anyone know for what period the poll at the top of the thread is relevant? There don't seem to be that many votes if it has been going on since 2011.

In any case, if old votes have not been culled this really has to be done as the poll will be totally irrelevant today.

35. Catacomber

Catacomber

Is anybody from Unity watching this thread? It used to be.

36. Catacomber

Catacomber

S F Bay Studios, whose assets are really great btw, mentioned in another thread that I asked my same question about sorting by Newest in----that while we can't sort by Newest anymore, we can find the newest packages by clicking on Categories and then on Updated.

For example, to find the newest packages in 3d Models, click on that and then Updated. That works for me.

37. hamyshank

hamyshank

But that's not the newest assets!

It's only showing whats been updated first...

Unless a new asset is counted as an update, this will make it hard for new assets to be seen.

Then you will see assets being "updated" with very little (if at all) new content - just to get their asset to the front.

Makes no sense...

38. LaneFox

LaneFox

Just use the fancy new search features.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/...ory:3D Models/Characters&price:>0&released:30

39. hamyshank

hamyshank

well... :oops:

crisis averted... :rolleyes:

40. Catacomber

Catacomber

Thank you!

41. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

Currently the Asset Store is on a standstill. I think the future is MOCAP anims, PBR assets, full PBR levels and character builder systems like MCS (Morph3D).
    My best bet is on Kubold doing more MOCAPs (if he listens to customers about what they need and not what he himself needs for his own game), MadMan advancing his PBR skills (currently the texture don't look real yet) and Morph3D (if they fix all the bug mentioned by users).

But of course all 3 of them have competitors, so I am excited to see what they will bring up in the future.

For a terrain update I count on Unity.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  42. Steelshot

Steelshot

Maybe something that will create cubical terrain with biomes and voxel support :)

43. Van31stADA

Van31stADA

With saying that, I think that Unity Technologies should dictate how much certain items are worth and list a quality along with the content and have a system to the pricing methodology of the asset store, this would make it more professional and better for people starting out, so they are not spending boo coo bucks (although beginners shouldn't really invest a lot of money any ways)

44. Kondor0

Kondor0

PLEASE! If you are an artist just make packs or several models with the same theme. Having a single model with a theme is useless if you are actually making a game with them and you don't want your project to look like an asset flip because the art lacks coherence.

Not_Sure and Billy4184 like this.
  45. Supergeek

Supergeek

I really like the new search options we finally have in the Asset Store. Very useful.

Some things to work on to improve it further:
    - A way for a developer to tag assets as related, like if they are a part of a series of 3D models that are stylistically compatible.
    - A way for developers to flag assets with attributes like: PBR and other lighting attributes, multiple genres, compatible Unity version RANGES (not just a single version of Unity, but like 4.6+ or 5.2+ etc.)
    - If an asset includes code, the ability for the developer to flag that asset as C#, UnityScript, or both. I for one will only use C# code, and a lot of people probably feel the same way.

And of course, include these options in the search parameters.

DerDicke likes this.
  46. sowatnow

sowatnow

I would like to see snow monsters. Right now I can't find any on asset store.

47. blockimperium

blockimperium

Gift cards so people can buy assets for me as gifts.

jdraper3, KWaldt and Not_Sure like this.
  48. nasos_333

nasos_333

+1 for the gift cards

Also there should be a way for publishers to see the distribution of scores on an asset. This is extremely useful to gauge the current state of the system, possible issues that can cause downvoting that may have mot been grabbed during testing etc

A simple reference of how many 1-2-3-4 and 5 stars are in the hidden scores would be great to have as preview option.

Supergeek likes this.
  49. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

I'd like to be able to make multiple wish lists.

That way I can keep a running inventory on assets I'd use for various projects.

jdraper3, Supergeek and KWaldt like this.
  50. Andreas12345

Andreas12345

What i miss is a template for a "feeding frenzy" style game.