Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you do when you want to send a crash report without uploading your project?

Discussion in '2017.1 Beta' started by PaymanMan, Jun 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaymanMan

PaymanMan

A true melodramatic tragic story.
    I have a 5.6 project. Tried upgrading it to 2017.1b10 but it crashes every time. I want to send a crash report but I'm uncomfortable uploading the source files of my project to the internet.
    I know the QA engineer who'll check the report is not supposed to steal it. I'm still uncomfortable doing it and I'm sure a lot of people can relate.

Now, is there a way to send the report without the project? And does it even help sending a crash report without the project? What else can be done?

oleg_v and MrEsquire like this.
  2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I throw out every asset and code file that is not related to the issue.

This often takes a while to figure out what asset or code is causing the problem, but makes it easier for both sides. You don't have to fear that someone is messing with your stuff, the overall project size is reduced and the upload goes way faster and Unity QA has a very simply reproduction case, which makes it a lot easier for them to reproduce and test their fix against (which actually boosts chances to receive a bug-fix tremendously).

LeonhardP and PaymanMan like this.
  3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting - has tips

Locking this post as it's pretty general and not beta specific. All reports help but if you have an urgent need for your bug to be processed then it's necessary for you to either trust Unity or you make a repro. Adding a few lines of text and no example really probably isn't going to do much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.