Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Welcome To Collaborate!

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by holliebuckets, Mar 17, 2016.

1. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Collaborate is a simple way for small teams to save, share, and sync their Unity project. It’s cloud hosted and easy to use so the entire team can contribute to the Project, regardless of location or role.

Here's a quick FAQ:

Who is Collaborate for?
    Collaborate is currently in Beta and supports teams up to 15 members in size.

What does Collaborate cost to use?
    It is currently free for all users through the duration of the Beta.

Can I use an existing project to use with Collaborate?
    Yes; existing projects can enable Collaborative features in the Unity Editor (5.5+ or later).

What are the requirements to use Collaborate?
    All persons associated with a Collaborate project must have a Unity ID. All persons should have a fast, reliable internet connection commensurate with the size of the project.

ottolb likes this.
  2. OscarCaballero

OscarCaballero

You guys, strike again!

3. Matt1988

Matt1988

I can't wait until this is finished! My most anticipated Unity feature since I saw quixotic's panel!

4. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Very good news that this is available and ready to use, but is not clear how it works and how to activate it, I did sign up yesterday 17 October but have not received any answer yet

thanks

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  5. quixotic

quixotic

Administrator

We let people in about once a week, I just cleared out the queue yesterday--so you should have received an email from collabsupport@unity3d.com -- with that it would encourage you to download the latest build. It also linked to docs (and see: getting started). Please send me a PM with your email address if you didn't receive an email, so I can look into that.

SpaceRay likes this.
  6. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Thanks for your answer, I did not receive any answer to my sign up with Collaborate so I have sent you an PM

The link to the latest build is for the Beta version 5.5. B7

As I work for a company I can not use any Beta version as they can give errors and loose the work I have been working on, so my boss and the programmer (we are 3 in team) do not want in any way that I use any beta version, even they did not want to use the Collaborate service because is still in beta

So is absolutely really needed to use the beta version to be able to use correctly the Collaborate Service?

when will the version 5.5 be out of beta and officially released?

Thanks for your help

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  7. quixotic

quixotic

Administrator

Thank you, looking into it!

It is in 5.4 as well, just with fewer bug fixes from us (and the majority of our users are currently on 5.4). I'm not sure on the date for 5.5.

Edit: Our signup form was down for a couple days. It has now been fixed. Anyone that signed up over that time will need to sign up again.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  8. Hagen

Hagen

I'm finally teamed up with a guy in a different part on the world and here is Collab to save the day! Thanks Unity!