1. Help us improve the editor usability and artist workflows. Join our discussion to provide your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for feedback on Unity Starter Kits! Let us know what you’d like.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We’re giving 2017.1 beta testers a chance to win t-shirts and a Nintendo Switch. Read more on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We want to know how you learned Unity! Help us by taking this quick survey and have a chance at a $25 gift card
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Are you an artist or level designer going to Unite Europe? Join our roundtables there to discuss artist features.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Unity 5.6 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out all the fixes for 5.6 on the patch releases page.
    Dismiss Notice

WebGL always gets stuck building player - building native binary with IL2CPP

Discussion in 'WebGL' started by unklebooey1, Apr 13, 2017.

1. unklebooey1

unklebooey1

EDIT: I was able to solve my issue with publishing to WebGL by disabling the FIPS setting in the regedit. See the thread I created here:
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/webgl-will-only-publish-with-fips-disabled.468004/

I am using Unity 5.6.0f3, Windows 7 (64-bit), and without fail, the WebGL build always freezes up on the step "Building native binary with IL2CPP". IL2CPP then proceeds to quit.

At first I was using a project that had plugins, such as UFPS and ProCore. I thought those may be the issue, so I tried building to WebGL with a blank project. I still get the same error. Attached is the editor log.

Thanks!

Perry

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  2. mryechkin-cti

mryechkin-cti

Having the exact same issue in OSX too (Unity 5.6.0f3 as well). Just trying to build the simple Roll A Ball example project, and it gets stuck on that step. Any help would be appreciated

EDIT: Attaching my Editor.log as well

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  3. Dragoan

Dragoan

Hey I've been getting the same error here and have tried a myriad of fixes with no luck. I had started a separate thread about it here: http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/1337886/webgl-build-error-in-56-problem-with-python-script.html

Something interesting I've found is that I rolled back my version of unity to 5.5 and also 5.4 separately and still get the error, even though I was able to build WebGL with those earlier. That leads me to believe it was a windows update error as shown here: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/webgl-will-only-publish-with-fips-disabled.468004/

Can anyone else confirm this or roll back their unity to the same effect?

4. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

Do you get the same error: "This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms." ?

5. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

yours seems a different issue but I can't tell from the log.

6. dianadorinamita

dianadorinamita

unity 5.6.0p3 error when try to build webgl
    Failed running C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\il2cpp/build/il2cpp.exe --convert-to-cpp --development-mode --compile-cpp --libil2cpp-static --platform="WebGL" --architecture="EmscriptenJavaScript" --configuration="Debug" --outputpath="C:\Users\Mada\Documents\pixel-gun-warfare 5.6.0P3\Assets /../Temp/StagingArea/Data\Native\build.bc" --cachedirectory="C:\Users\Mada\Documents\pixel-gun-warfare 5.6.0P3\Assets\..\Library/il2cpp_cache" --compiler-flags="-Oz -DIL2CPP_EXCEPTION_DISABLED=1 " --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_AIModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_AnimationModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_AudioModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_ClothModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_CloudWebServicesModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_CoreModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_CrashReportingModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_FacebookModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_IMGUIModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_InputModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_JSONSerializeModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_ParticlesLegacyModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_ParticleSystemModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_PerformanceReportingModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_Physics2DModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_PhysicsModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_TerrainModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_TerrainPhysicsModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_TextRenderingModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_UIModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_UmbraModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_UNETModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_UnityAdsModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_UnityAnalyticsModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_UnityConnectModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_UnityWebRequestAudioModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_UnityWebRequestModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_VehiclesModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_VideoModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_VRModule_Dynamic.bc" --additional-libraries="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\lib\modules_development\WebGLSupport_WebModule_Dynamic.bc" --map-file-parser="C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\Tools\MapFileParser\MapFileParser.exe" --assembly="C:\Users\Mada\Documents\pixel-gun-warfare 5.6.0P3\Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll" --assembly="C:\Users\Mada\Documents\pixel-gun-warfare 5.6.0P3\Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll" --assembly="C:\Users\Mada\Documents\pixel-gun-warfare 5.6.0P3\Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll" --assembly="C:\Users\Mada\Documents\pixel-gun-warfare 5.6.0P3\Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll" --assembly="C:\Users\Mada\Documents\pixel-gun-warfare 5.6.0P3\Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll" --assembly="C:\Users\Mada\Documents\pixel-gun-warfare 5.6.0P3\Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\mscorlib.dll" --assembly="C:\Users\Mada\Documents\pixel-gun-warfare 5.6.0P3\Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\System.dll" --generatedcppdir="C:\Users\Mada\Documents\pixel-gun-warfare 5.6.0P3\Temp\StagingArea\Data\il2cppOutput"

stdout:
    Building build.bc with EmscriptenToolChain.
    Output directory: C:\Users\Mada\Documents\pixel-gun-warfare 5.6.0P3\Temp\StagingArea\Data\Native
    Cache directory: C:\Users\Mada\Documents\pixel-gun-warfare 5.6.0P3\Library\il2cpp_cache
    il2cpp.exe didn't catch exception: Unity.IL2CPP.Building.BuilderFailedException: CRITICAL:root:Could not verify LLVM version: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
    CRITICAL:root:fastcomp in use, but LLVM has not been built with the JavaScript backend as a target, llc reports:
    ===========================================================================
    (no targets could be identified: need more than 1 value to unpack)
    CRITICAL:root:you can fall back to the older (pre-fastcomp) compiler core, although that is not recommended, see http://kripken.github.io/emscripten-site/docs/building_from_source/LLVM-Backend.html
    INFO:root:(Emscripten: Running sanity checks)
    CRITICAL:root:failing sanity checks due to previous fastcomp failure

Invocation was: Executable: "C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\Emscripten_Win\python\2.7.5.3_64bit\python.exe"
    Arguments: "C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\Emscripten\em++" -Wno-unused-value -Wno-invalid-offsetof -nostdinc -fno-strict-overflow -std=c++11 -O1 -g0 -Oz -DIL2CPP_EXCEPTION_DISABLED=1 -DIL2CPP_DEVELOPMENT=1 -I"C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\il2cpp\libil2cpp" -I"C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\il2cpp\external\boehmgc\include" -I"C:\Users\Mada\Documents\pixel-gun-warfare 5.6.0P3\Temp\StagingArea\Data\il2cppOutput" "C:\Users\Mada\Documents\pixel-gun-warfare 5.6.0P3\Temp\StagingArea\Data\il2cppOutput\Bulk_Generics_8.cpp" -o "C:\Users\Mada\Documents\pixel-gun-warfare 5.6.0P3\Library\il2cpp_cache\88204603C90775569C3DB83342CFDB93.o"

at Unity.IL2CPP.Building.CppProgramBuilder.BuildAllCppFiles(IEnumerable`1 sourceFilesToCompile, IBuildStatisticsCollector statisticsCollector)
    at Unity.IL2CPP.Building.CppProgramBuilder.Build(IBuildStatistics& statistics)
    at Unity.IL2CPP.Building.Statistics.BuildingTestRunnerHelper.BuildAndLogStatsForTestRunner(CppProgramBuilder builder, IBuildStatistics& statistics)
    at il2cpp.Program.DoRun(String[] args)
    at il2cpp.Program.Run(String[] args)
    at il2cpp.Program.Main(String[] args)
    stderr:

Unhandled Exception: Unity.IL2CPP.Building.BuilderFailedException: CRITICAL:root:Could not verify LLVM version: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
    CRITICAL:root:fastcomp in use, but LLVM has not been built with the JavaScript backend as a target, llc reports:
    (no targets could be identified: need more than 1 value to unpack)
    CRITICAL:root:you can fall back to the older (pre-fastcomp) compiler core, although that is not recommended, see http://kripken.github.io/emscripten-site/docs/building_from_source/LLVM-Backend.html
    INFO:root:(Emscripten: Running sanity checks)
    CRITICAL:root:failing sanity checks due to previous fastcomp failure

Invocation was: Executable: "C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\Emscripten_Win\python\2.7.5.3_64bit\python.exe"
    Arguments: "C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\Emscripten\em++" -Wno-unused-value -Wno-invalid-offsetof -nostdinc -fno-strict-overflow -std=c++11 -O1 -g0 -Oz -DIL2CPP_EXCEPTION_DISABLED=1 -DIL2CPP_DEVELOPMENT=1 -I"C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\il2cpp\libil2cpp" -I"C:\Program Files\Unity 5.60p3\Editor\Data\il2cpp\external\boehmgc\include" -I"C:\Users\Mada\Documents\pixel-gun-warfare 5.6.0P3\Temp\StagingArea\Data\il2cppOutput" "C:\Users\Mada\Documents\pixel-gun-warfare 5.6.0P3\Temp\StagingArea\Data\il2cppOutput\Bulk_Generics_8.cpp" -o "C:\Users\Mada\Documents\pixel-gun-warfare 5.6.0P3\Library\il2cpp_cache\88204603C90775569C3DB83342CFDB93.o"

at Unity.IL2CPP.Building.CppProgramBuilder.BuildAllCppFiles(IEnumerable`1 sourceFilesToCompile, IBuildStatisticsCollector statisticsCollector)
    at Unity.IL2CPP.Building.CppProgramBuilder.Build(IBuildStatistics& statistics)
    at Unity.IL2CPP.Building.Statistics.BuildingTestRunnerHelper.BuildAndLogStatsForTestRunner(CppProgramBuilder builder, IBuildStatistics& statistics)
    at il2cpp.Program.DoRun(String[] args)
    at il2cpp.Program.Run(String[] args)
    at il2cpp.Program.Main(String[] args)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    UnityEditorInternal.Runner:RunManagedProgram(String, String, String, CompilerOutputParserBase, Action`1) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/BuildUtils.cs:96)
    UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder:RunIl2CppWithArguments(List`1, Action`1, String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:313)
    UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder:ConvertPlayerDlltoCpp(ICollection`1, String, String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:304)
    UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder:Run() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:151)
    UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPUtils:RunIl2Cpp(String, IIl2CppPlatformProvider, Action`1, RuntimeClassRegistry, Boolean) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:41)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

7. DeadpanDude

DeadpanDude

I am having exactly the same issue. It starts off normally and gets stuck at the part where it says
    "Building native binary with IL2CPP."
    This is really annoying please help someone.