Search Unity

Wave Spawner Pro - An easy solution to wave spawning

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Deleted member 1123102, Sep 28, 2016.

?

Are you interested in buying this plugin?

1. Yes

61.5%
  2. No

38.5%
  1. Hello everyone! My name is Pork and over the last couple of days i've been developing Wave Spawner Pro. It's an easy to use wave spawner where you only need to do things in the inspector.
    Customize your waves, enemy types, and spawnpoints, etc...

It's still a work in progress so i would like to know what you think.
    I'll attach some pictures and a video of it in action.

Thanks ;)

Video:

Picture01.png

Picture02.png

Picture03.png

2. Bump. Do you think this is something worth further developing and publishing on the AS?

3. Currently addind a runtime wave system.

Create a new wave in your scripts and then run it via the main "Spawner" class.

You can also very easily integrate the "Wave" class into your own spawners, as well as call extra methods from a selected gameobject when you finish the wave.

Any opinions?

4. karlhulme

karlhulme

Hi there,
    I had to write something similar recently and one of the key challenges was balancing the volume of enemies produced.
    In some games it might be appropriate to spawn more or less enemies depending on how many the player has already killed, affectively maintaining a constant flow of enemies. This can create issues of fairness though, as it may be better for the player to run away and never kill anything.

For my game, it was necessary to slightly reduce the time interval between each enemy spawned. This allowed each level to build to a crescendo. So for example, a spawn interval of 3 seconds was quite easy for the player to deal with. By the end of the level, the spawn interval was 2 seconds and that was enough to be a nightmare.

So that's my suggestion, hope it helps. good luck with your asset.

5. Hey Karl,

After reading what you said, i will be adding a field that, after each enemy spawns, the spawn time is reduced by N%.

I also am working on an infinite wave spawner, that pretty much starts off with a very simple wave and then gets N% harder each wave. Eg: fewer spawn times, more enemies per wave, etc...

Thanks a lot for your input. I will be making another video soon showing off the new capabilities.

karlhulme likes this.
  6. Boss waves were now implemented. Those waves are special, and can be either ended when the boss dies, when the boss spawns, or after a certain time.

Also collaborating with another programmer to bring this to the next level.