Search Unity

Wanted! Juicy 50k models on million

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alex-Birdman, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Alex-Birdman

Alex-Birdman

Hi there!

We create search engine for 3d models which unite at one place different 3d shops, stocks, archive ... like "google", but for 3d models! )

Now, a full index (list) of 3D models at our database http://3dmdb.com/ is 964 194 models.

We dream about 1000000 (million))!

Need more than 50,000 models, to achieve the goal.

Welcome any thoughts about shops, forums, communities etc where we can get (add) 10 or 100 or 10000 on N models to our search index

Тhank you in advance

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Ryiah likes this.
  3. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

Hmmm...

It's interesting, but the search results are very unwieldy. I searched for "knight" and get a mess of different results. I search for "cartoon knight" and it seems to narrow it down a little.

About 80% of the results have no business trying to sell them due to quality, some are simply incomplete, or they're asking comical prices (Literally everyone on Turbosquid).

A voting feature would go a LONG way to clear out all the garbage models.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    theANMATOR2b and Ryiah like this.
  4. Ryiah

Ryiah

We can blame the artists trying to game the keyword search systems. I followed one of the spaceship entries I found while searching for "cars" and one of the keywords the artist had assigned on the site carrying the asset was in fact "car".

Instead of focusing on quantity I would focus on quality. If I were creating a search engine for finding artwork one of the last places I would have it check would be TurboSquid. Assets from that place are almost always worthless. They're either very poorly made or they're not legal to use in anything.

Additionally I noticed you gave us the option to search a specific site, but I would actually prefer a system that allows me to select or deselect multiple sites at a time rather than have to go through the ones I want one at a time.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  5. Alex-Birdman

Alex-Birdman

6. kittik

kittik

I cannot see any 'sort by' options. Being able to sort price high to low, or low to high would be really handy.

Do you know if every single model that your site is finding has the correct licensing to be used in a commerical project (incluing the free ones?) if not, then creating a tool to filter by license would be crucial for my needs.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  7. Alex-Birdman

Alex-Birdman

Not_Sure, thanks for the comments on the case!

Few words about the search. At search line you can use special search simbols like ""(
    quotes ), + (plus), - (minus), to find your model more quickly. For example "cartoon knights" search line could be somethein like that: "knight" +cartoon -castle, game, film and get clear result http://3dmdb.com/all-3d-models-from-all/?q="knight" +cartoon -castle, game

About voting feature. Your are definitely right it's a very long way, but it's a good and nessesary tools (filter). We'll think about it when we get million)). At that step of development we focused at gathering models in single place.

Not_Sure likes this.
  8. Alex-Birdman

Alex-Birdman

At that step of our development we focused at gathering models in single place. Our question to you was about places where we (your) can find "good" models and add them to search engine

Also, thenks about bag with car. We'll fit it.

9. Alex-Birdman

Alex-Birdman

Good question.
    If you want fine free model your should swith checkbox at result page (http://3dmdb.com/all-3d-models-from-all/?q=car)

10. Alex-Birdman

Alex-Birdman

Good news! We have reached our goal!

There are more than 2 million 3d models in the index of our search engine.

Thanks to your support the number of models increases and grows every day. The total amount of models can be viewed on the main page http://3dmdb.com

Cheers and thanks for help.