Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Wait time problems.

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by EnsurdFrndship, Jun 12, 2017.

1. EnsurdFrndship

EnsurdFrndship

Hello,
    I just wanted to inform the technicians that today has been the very first day that the wait time of retrieving data from the queue has been over 20 minutes for a simple change in 3 small files that I made, and I am not talking about cool-down time. I just figured that I would report it so that the technicians would know if it is technical problem on my end, or the server's end.

I also tried to upload previously last night, and my program made it past the wait time, but when I woke up this morning, the build time said it was over 11 hours and it was STILL building. Then, I cancelled it, and there are no reports in the history that said I cancelled anything, and it was counted as a successful build, BUT when I tried to play it, nothing got loaded. My program is not a huge program, and one time, everything got uploaded successfully in as little as 8 minutes.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  2. EnsurdFrndship

EnsurdFrndship

I am wondering IF there is ANYTHING I can at least do to try and help the technicians 'identify' what the problem could be (IF there is a technical problem with the Cloud server). My last project made it to the Queue successfully, but is still waiting for the server's response...

Sudden 'wait time' > 1 hour.
    Cool-down time = N/A.
    Build time = N/A.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  3. EnsurdFrndship

EnsurdFrndship

It's uploading now, but it took 1 hour and 17 minutes (just reporting).

4. SophiaC

SophiaC

Hello,

regarding the 11 hours build time- you probably needed to refresh your browser to accurately see the build time. Sometimes if the page is left open, it doesn't update and it looks like your build is still going, but it may have already finished.

Regarding long wait times, the free pool of builders can be busy during peak times, resulting in long wait times.

Let me know if you have any questions.

- Sophia

5. EnsurdFrndship

EnsurdFrndship

Thank you. My build went through.