Search Unity

Vulkan and/or Single Pass Stereo Rendering?

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by Claytonious, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Claytonious

Claytonious

Has anybody tried Vulkan for Daydream yet on 5.6? How did it go?

Has anybody tried the new Single Pass Stereo rendering option in 5.6 on Daydream yet?

2. thep3000

thep3000

Unity Technologies

Vulkan + google vr is not yet supported, we're collaborating with google on that but I don't have a timeline.

Let us know how this is going for anyone that has tried it. Any feedback is appreciated.

Claytonious likes this.
  3. Claytonious

Claytonious

Finally had a chance to try single pass stereo rendering. Unfortunately, I get a steady hose of this message in logcat (I think once per frame):

Code (CSharp):
    1. E  OPENGL NATIVE PLUG-IN ERROR: GL_INVALID_OPERATION: Operation illegal in current state
    2.                          E  (Filename: ./Runtime/GfxDevice/opengles/GfxDeviceGLES.cpp Line: 366)
    ... and the entire scene renders with a strong pink tint color (for both eyes).

Is this known to work with some projects on Daydream?

4. jeffries7

jeffries7

Single pass is working for me, seeing some slight improvements in the limited tests i've run so far. The only draw back is that it renders everything in the scene blue.

5. Claytonious

Claytonious

I submitted a bug report with a repro project attached. Blue for you, Orange for me. :)

6. Claytonious

Claytonious

Unity 5.6.0p3 has the blurb below in its release notes. Is this related to this problem?

7. jeffries7

jeffries7

I just tried this in 5.6.0f3 and it didn't fix the issue. I haven't been able to test in p3

EDIT: I've just noticed this in the p2 patch notes
    • (none) - VR: Fixed some shader related issues when using single-pass stereo rendering on Android devices.
    Not sure if this fixes the issue

Last edited: May 2, 2017