Search Unity

VR app not working properly after android update

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by arhumn, Mar 23, 2017.

1. arhumn

arhumn

Hello everyone.

I am newbie in regards to unity3d and VR. I have created a VR app working on google cardboard that had been working fine when I would build it and run it on my phone. However, after my android update to nougat the application is not displaying properly on my phone. Attached is a photo to show you what I mean.

Any suggestions regarding this would be greatly appreciated. I tried to update my android sdk but no luck.

2. mira_leung

mira_leung

Official Google Employee

Which version of the GVR Unity SDK are you using, which Unity version, and what type of phone? Could you please try GVRDemo from the plugin, and see if you can repro this issue?

3. arhumn

arhumn

The unity version is 5.3.2 and the gvr unity sdk is the one compatible with that. My phone is a samsung s7. I don't see a GVRDemo in the plugin..could you guide some more?

Thanks

4. The_Arrival

The_Arrival

Android did change the default resoultion of the S7 to a lower one, then the screen supports. You can set it back to WQHD (2560x1440) in the settings menu of your phone. The cardboard-app seems to ready yet to detect resolution changes on the phone and adjust according to it

Spidlee likes this.
  5. arhumn

arhumn

Yes I managed to figure this out a couple of days ago! Thanks anyway :) cheers.

6. Spidlee

Spidlee

Thank you so much!! I got so stressed when suddenly our app broke due to the update! This fixed it for us!!