Search Unity

Vive: Unity 5.4, Lab Renderer and Mixed reality together -> bananas

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Tom-Goethals, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Tom-Goethals

Tom-Goethals

Hi Guys,

I'm using Unity 5.4 with "The Lab Renderer" from Valve.
    together with the SteamVR plugin.

I had to switch out some stuff in the SteamVR Camera Prefab in order to get the rendering with the now native VR support in unity working. ( The lab renderer with some realtime lights is awesome, nice AA and cheap! )

I still need the "Steam VR Camera" Component though as i want to keep supporting Mixed reality. (seems to only work then)

However the moment i go into Mixed mode (attach the 3th vive controller and add the cfg file to the root of the project) The renderer goes bananas on the lights for the person in the headset. It looks okay for the monitor (quad MR view).

Anybody experienced the same issue?

Would be great if an update for the SteamVR plugin would be released to take the new native VR support in unity in to account while also keep the support for MR.

Thanks for any insights or timelines on new releases.

2. stack86

stack86

I'm experiencing this issue as well. even worse for rendertextures which I use for far away parts of the scene (they go completely black). Really wanting to support mixed reality but like you, I have no idea how to solve this. Valve, please help?